The last RPG you played... that WASN'T Skyrim

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Crazedc00k said:
Kiefer13 said:
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

I picked it up during a Steam sale a while back and played through it for the first time as a Toreador. Was great fun. Definitely one of those underappreciated gems of gaming. I'm just starting my second playthrough as a Malkavian. It's hilarious.
This, THIS is a great game. but it doesn't work on my 64 bit operating system. I'd love to be able to play it again. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
I honestly have no idea. I have a 64 bit operating system (Windows 7 Home Premium) and it works fine for me, though that's maybe just because it's a Steam copy.

Crazedc00k

Mar 29, 2011
Kiefer13 said:
Crazedc00k said:
Kiefer13 said:

I picked it up during a Steam sale a while back and played through it for the first time as a Toreador. Was great fun. Definitely one of those underappreciated gems of gaming. I'm just starting my second playthrough as a Malkavian. It's hilarious.
This, THIS is a great game. but it doesn't work on my 64 bit operating system. I'd love to be able to play it again. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
I honestly have no idea. I have a 64 bit operating system (Windows 7 Home Premium) and it works fine for me, though that's maybe just because it's a Steam copy.
Oh, awesome. I have steam too, so ill try it out again. thank you.

Pontus Hashis

Feb 22, 2010
Dark Souls, Dungeons of Dreadmor or Planscape.
Depends how you count. Also Skyrim isn't really an RPG. It's more an action game with RPG elements.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Crazedc00k said:
Kiefer13 said:
Crazedc00k said:
Kiefer13 said:

Oh, awesome. I have steam too, so ill try it out again. thank you.
Googling it, apparently there's a patch that fixes an issue with it not working on 64-bit systems.

https://iain.cx/articles/bloodlines/

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
EYE Divine Cybermancy is partly RPG, or Dungeons of Dredmor if you won't accept that. Yeah, the steam sales have revealed a few hidden gems for me!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Well tahts easy, since I dont play Skyrim and have no interest in it at all.

So pokemon black. Im nuzlocking through.

Lectori Salutem

Apr 11, 2011
Just picked up Might and Magic IX
Apart from the incredible amount of bugs and the stability of a two-legged table, it's quite enjoyable.
Other then that, I'm also playing Arx Fatalis, KOTOR, .Hack 1 and Final Fantasy XII.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I played Kingdom Hearts II last night. I was trying to get 100% on the Gummi Ship missions, as that's the only part of the game I haven't finished (besides the Hades Paradox Cup). Then I noticed how terrible I was at it and stopped.

I'm also currently playing through Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

I'll probably get back into Demon's Souls soon, as I'm intent on finishing that before I start Dark Souls.

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Last RPG I played that isn't Skyrim.

A cool Indie game on steam called Cthulhu Saves the World

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
DustyDrB said:
Wayneguard said:
Just got securom to send me a kotor2 exe that works with windows 7 so I've been playing that :D. Before that was a 42 hour Jade Empire marathon.
With the Restoration Mod? It's insane, but out of the 10 times I've played KotOR 2, five have been the Xbox version and I've still never been able to try the Restoration Mod.

There are so many PC games I want to play. But when this computer dies and I get a new one, the first game I'll play on it will be KotOR 2 with that mod.
Unfortunately, no. I think I'll go and download that now. I've beaten this game at least three times; I think it's time to experience it in its true form.

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
I've only finally just gotten round to FF XIII. So far, I'm having a blast!

Ashendarei

Feb 10, 2009
Final Fantesy 8. I went back and sunk 90+ hours into it on a re-play to SLAUGHTER me a bunch of monsters.

Jan 22, 2011
Dragon Quest 8
Final Fantasy Tactics War Of the Lions "best port ever"
Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 3 "pc with mods"
KOTOR
...I don't need any other game at the moment

Stephen Wo

Mar 16, 2011
To be honest, Oblivion. It's a game that I really want to like, but can't bring myself to do so. As soon as I stop poking around in caves and go to fight a stunted scamp, I throw up my hands in disgust and uninstall it. I really hate the daedra combat.

Before that, I played the first level of EYE for an achievement, and the last full RPG I played (not just a level out of nostalgia) was, I believe, DX:HR. Such a good game.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
Sky- oh. Oblivion, although so little of it that it barely counts (potato faces... I can't get over the potato faces...). And then Dragon Age: Origins.