The last time a game made you rage.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Legend of zelda twighlight princess. I had difficulty with the way, that to jump you just have to move off ledges, even though I played ocarina of time with no trouble. Probably cos im new to the wii.

Chrmike

Oct 20, 2009
scnj said:
Catherine. Pretty much every boss level.
Not even the boss battles made me rage. Oh, they were hard, damn hard, but you could eventually figure out their pattern and persevere. (The second to last boss battle took me about 6 hours of attempts to beat when I was going for the all-gold run.)

The thing that made me rage was...you do NOT...do NOT...introduce randomly moving blocks into what is essentially a 6 minute continuous puzzle affected by block placement.

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
aegix drakan said:
Minecraft.

I'm playing one of Vechs' "super Hostile" maps (spellbound caves to be precise), and OH MY GOSH I hate hate HATE Vechs!!
Yeah, Super Hostile is annoying, I ragequit Legendary REALLY fast.
But I'm not an angry person, usually. The one and only time I legitimately raged at a game was COD4.
Search and Destroy on Crossfire, and the first three rounds I got killed within the first ten seconds by a grenade throw by the other team across the map. I basically flipped shit, and when I found the guy in a later round where I survived the first few seconds, I was screaming into my mic, and I unloaded my entire shotgun into his corpse after I'd killed him.
But besides that, I've never raged at a game

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Uhh...Kingdom Hearts on Proud Mode against Maleficent I suppose (because I have kinda been on a PSP binge since then).

That fight is bullshit on Proud. I mean it wasn't all that easy on Standard in the first place, but holy shit. I didn't even have as much trouble against Ansem in the final battle as Maleficent gave me.

Oh, but then of course there's Minecraft. Started a new world, found SIX DIAMONDS just by digging straight down under my house, and this was maybe about two hours into this seed. Already have five Ender Pearls, so now I just need Blaze Rods for Eyes of Ender to find the Stronghold and prepare.

Walking back to my house right as the sun is setting, running by a surface pool of lava, decide to grab a bucketfull for later use. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS-BOOM!

And the best part is that my six diamonds were the only thing that fell into the lava and burned. Like Minecraft God just said, "FUCK YOU, YOU DON'T DESERVE THOSE YET."

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
Team Fortress 2. Was on dustbowl part two, and the enemy team had five (FIVE!) level 3 sentries right in front of the spawn, as well as a ton of sticky-spammers and a couple snipers for good measure. The rest of my team were all heavies or fail spies. It was the first time I had to ragequit in quite a while.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Zydrate said:
A thief race in AC:Brotherhood. I get 5 seconds away from the near end, 2 checkpoints away, and every single fucking time Ezio does a dive into the heypile below. I can't figure out how to get around it.
You're not the only one. I had to look up a video to see what path they took. If I remember the race correctly... Ah, yes. Here. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8tVdzyw1M&t=1m3s] That might be the same race you were stuck on.

Also, the Glider took me forever to get 100% synch, but I managed it eventually. I don't think I ever rage-quit though, it was more of a "You know what? Let's try this later. I need to refresh my mind after trying this so many times" quit. Whenever I rage, I restart the level I'm usually doing, but I never quit the game.
Come to think of it, I don't think I've truly raged at a game in a while. Brotherhood may have been the latest one, and that was a while ago.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
C F said:
Zydrate said:
A thief race in AC:Brotherhood. I get 5 seconds away from the near end, 2 checkpoints away, and every single fucking time Ezio does a dive into the heypile below. I can't figure out how to get around it.
You're not the only one. I had to look up a video to see what path they took. If I remember the race correctly... Ah, yes. Here. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8tVdzyw1M&t=1m3s] That might be the same race you were stuck on.

Also, the Glider took me forever to get 100% synch, but I managed it eventually. I don't think I ever rage-quit though, it was more of a "You know what? Let's try this later. I need to refresh my mind after trying this so many times" quit. Whenever I rage, I restart the level I'm usually doing, but I never quit the game.
Come to think of it, I don't think I've truly raged at a game in a while. Brotherhood may have been the latest one, and that was a while ago.
Ah, thanks.
I actually take 2 seconds to shoot the guards with my crossbow; are those seconds too valuable to bother? I think they'll shoot me off walls if I don't.

Very glad someone replied to this, too. Was hoping someone felt my plight.

Edit: Actually, he dived, too. Except when I get there I usually have 5-10 seconds left. He had nearly 30.
Maybe I'm just bad?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I'm too calm a person to Rage at a game... but I had a 'i'm not angry, just very dissapointed' moment yesterday.

Essentially I was playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2, and I picked up a rumour in a town about a tower... interesting stuff I thought... this put a random quest on my map... nothing new there... I was on another quest first, so I didn't ignored it and did the other. The tower quest dissapeared.

It came back later, and I had forgotten what it was, I entered it! I had to clomb 5 floors of a tower! The enemy's looked harder than normal, so I chose my best team, used my permanent Regen clan bonus, and started the fight. The enemies were all around the same level as me, but they were hard! They favoured buffs and debuffs and had high health! I fought hard though, and managed to get up to the top floor! [footnote](The regen helps btw, if anyone else plays! Not only do you get about 10% health back per turn, but also, after the monsters are dispatched you can use the wait command over and over until you have full health and mana to take to the next floor! Good for illusionists and things to be able to use good magic every turn!!! Just hope they don't drain your MP first!!)[/footnote]

Then a complete [link=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheComputerIsACheatingBastard]The Computer is a Cheating Bastard[/link moment!! Top floor! Managed to keep all my guys alive on the way up, (just) and am facing 4 monsters... less than the other floors... A bunny, a tough lizard thing, and 2 marlboros. All level 50! (All previous tower monsters had averaged levels based off of mine, they were all mid 30's!) I look at the turn list, and I wasn't even on it! For some reason the computer decided it would have a few rounds on its own first as cheap shots! I know they do this for all the bosses, but not usually when you start practically nose to nose!

In those few rounds the 4 enemies managed to kill 3 of my 6 characters, cast regen, attack up, resistance up, evade up, and some other buffs, and one of my 3 remaining characters was asleep, and 2 poisoned, and all had slow on them! I checked the speed stats, and a couple of my faster characters has similar stats to the monsters, so it was a real cheap shot!! Now came my turn! The enemy all had 700+ life (double the enemies average in the tower so far) and I now had to make my shot count... It was my strongest fighter, so I went behind the closest monster, and attacked with a strong attack... my strongest attack for that character... which will usually take 100 damage off a monster, from the front, without the backstab bonus... it took off 2... :(

The next round of enemy attacks finished me off! I had taken 2 health off of the enemy the entire match... gutting!!! There was no warning the tower was going to be that hard! I'm not even half way through the game! It was just unfair computer cheating nonsence!

On the positive though I did manage to get a load of rare treasure/loot in the rest of the tower that I could now keep and use to get new weapons! I have a couple of the job classes ultimate attacks without even having got to the airship yet! :p

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
It's either fighting Sagat in Street Fighter 2....

TIGER
TIGER
TIGER
TIGER
TIGER
TIGER UPPERCUT

....or Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. STOP SWINGING YOUR HAMMER AROUND!

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Peace Walker.

The whole game is a gigantic catch 22.

I can't complete certain Extra Ops without certain weapons or items, but to get them I need to complete those Extra Ops.

culpeo

Nov 11, 2011
Demons Souls. I pretty much knew what I was getting in to when I started that game, so I tried not to get too upset when it was driving me crazy. For the most part I managed to keep a level head.

But then, stage 5-2 happened.

Still haven't played Dark Souls.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
DeadSp8s said:
Gears of War 3, Myrrah on Insane. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!!
Myrrah on Hardcore with only one other person made me froth at the mouth. Good think the NPCs almost never go down, or it would've been so much Harder. And that Lambent Beserker. Fuck it...

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Uncharted 3 multiplayer:

1. Fucked matchmaking. Always in matches up against crazy skilled level 75s while I'm teamed up with a bunch of 20s and 30s if I'm lucky.

2. Getting the same fucking treasure 10 times in a row.

3. The taunts. It's just a legitimized form of tea bagging.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Skyrim...the game just got so pathetically easy that around level 30 I was mostly just pissed that there was nothing challenging left in the game.

Jayse

Sep 22, 2009
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Clear the game and got the "To Be Continued" screen

Now that was absolutely infuriating.

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
I was going to write out a actual reply, but I started getting angry while writing it. So yeah, World of Tanks; the higher tier you go, the shittier the game gets.

Phoenix14

Jul 5, 2010
Last boss of Lost Planet 1, it must of took me 30 tries. I remember looking back at the clock to see just how much time I had lost fighting this POS. After I finally finished I promised myself I'd never play the game again.