The last time a game made you rage.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
DoPo said:
Assassin's Creed 2 in the beginning (relatively). First, they don't explain the controls much, thankfully I did just finish playing AC 1, so that wasn't a problem but it still bothered me. Second, the Italian accent was really annoying - I would have preferred if the game was entirely in Italian or entirely in English - the Italian accent seemed retarded to me. And the worse part is that from time to time the characters would slip into Italian for no apparent reason (aside to reassure me that they were indeed Italians). Then, I had to meet "Leonardo" - I was actually praying to not be Leonardo DaVinci because I didn't want the game to just name drop me and make me feel impressed with it. No, at that point I would have been more impressed, if the painter Leonardo was somebody else. Finally, you get yo meet your uncle...and one of the first things he has to say is "It's-a me-e, Mario!". I rage quit at that point. It was too much. I had wait until the frustration went away to be able to play again.

Thankfully, with time it got better but I was literally on the verge of not bothering with the game any more. I got used to Leonardo and the name dropping, so much that when Machiavelli showed up I didn't feel anything. Italian accent was still annoying, though.
They actually explain the acents and the slipping into Italian in-game. The translator on the Animus was home made, so it glitched from time to time. Demon Souls. Seriously that game is the reason I don't play Dark Souls. There's a line between chalenging and frustrating.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Jayse said:
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Clear the game and got the "To Be Continued" screen

Now that was absolutely infuriating.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

They're making a THIRD?

J3bba

Dec 7, 2010
Mass Effect 1. I got stuck in a ramp fighting Liara's mum. Died of course, and because of the lack of autosave i had to start right at the begining of the mako part which i hate, cuase the mako can't be controlled, cause it's stupid.

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
Bed of Chaos boss in Dark Souls. Also Smough & Ornstein from the same game. I thought I would go crazy. I just couldn't take it anymore the game constantly abusing me, tormenting me. But gradually I got used to it, and started to enjoy it. Hahaha

Jayse

Sep 22, 2009
Smeggs said:
Jayse said:
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Clear the game and got the "To Be Continued" screen

Now that was absolutely infuriating.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

They're making a THIRD?
As far as I'm aware the true ending will be available in future dlc story expansions. . .

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
I rage in Battlefield 3 every other day. I swear to god the game purposefully alternates between throwing you in a bunch of losing teams one day then a bunch of winning teams the next.