The longest game you've beaten start-to-finish in one sitting.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
I have played a game of Civ V for 8 hours straight. Keeps me up at night. Nasty.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
I beat DA:O in like 2 days, but in terms of start to finish without any break? Resident evil 4, shadow of the colossus, and Kotor (This one was hard as balls.)

sixtysix

Apr 15, 2010
on a train ride home for reading week last year i played completely through both metroid fusion and zero mission

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I don't know how many times I've beat kirby nightmare in dreamland in one sitting (to 210% thank you very much) but my one sitting record goes to Kotor for about two days one craaaaazy summer.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
When I was young, I used to play-through Spyro the Dragon in one sitting. It was an incomplete run that took around 3-5 hours I believe.

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
Black Ops in hardcore: one night, I really really didn't want to work yet another all-nighter and it's surprisingly an epicly efficient motivator to play from start to finish :D (a fortiori as I never play any game on hardcore)

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
I've beaten Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica: X, and 4 all in one sitting once. I don't remember exactly how long it took but it did eat up that entire day(I wasn't really rushing), so I'm guessing around 20 hours or so.

Kawatoo

Feb 13, 2009
Paper Mario on the N64, during the few hours before New years its a personal tradition

Seriin

Jun 4, 2009
When it came out, I did the first run of Dead Rising 2 in one sitting. I got the best ending as well, and without the saving and restarting I used to get through the first Dead Rising. Next day I did it again on the much much much easier round 2 lol

As for the longest game I've done in one sitting, I'm not quite sure. I tried to do Final Fantasy 8 one time with my friend (two tvs in one room both of us playing our own game) but we both got caught up in Triple Triad and only made it to the end of disk one before needing some sleep.

SpeechMan

Dec 14, 2009
Done with several adventure games. We used to do this with my friend years ago, now that it was mentioned I think I'll give him a call and see if we can arrange another through the weekend gaming session.

About the games played:

Monkey Island 1=>4
Space Quest 1=>6
Leisure Suit Larry 1=>3 skip 4 then 5=>7

And tons of others.

As single player, HL2, got the game at 6am and played 16 hours straight. More recent was Heavy Rain, got it at 10am and around 12 hours later watched the ending.

And I'm gonna do all this again on February 4th when Earthrise is released, but that's an MMO so you can't finish it, but I thinl I'll still get a good total 24 hours of playtime on 4th and 5th.

Rewdalf

Usually Sacrastic
Jan 6, 2010
The only one I can recall is finishing the WaW Coop campaign the day it came out.
It took me and my friend between five to eight hours, but I have no idea exactly how much...

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Mirror's Edge
Portal
FEAR 2
FEAR (Ex Point and Perseus Mandate)
Dead Space (3 sittings but did it in about 15 hours?)

That's about it I think.

omega_peaches

Jan 23, 2010
Portal
Call of Duty: Black Ops[Not in one sitting, but over one day]
Mirror's Edge
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [Not in one sitting, but over one day]
Call of Duty: World at War [Not in one sitting, but over one day]
Me and my friend did MW2 in one sitting
Me and 3 of my buds did L4D2 Over 2 days.
Me and 3 of my friends did Halo: Reich in one sitting.