The longest you've slept, the longest you've been awake.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Awake for Three Fucking Days, writing 24,000 words worth of essays. It turns out you can burn the candle at both ends.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
FFHAuthor said:
Sixteen hours asleep, my longest awake was 6 days straight, can't break it into hours though.. I decided to try it just for the hell of it to see how long I would last. I was pretty insane over the last two days, I was simply too tired to fall asleep, shadows start to turn into things.
Damn reading this makes me want to check and see how long i could last . Does it get easier as you go along?

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
Sleeping: 17 hours
Awake: 37 hours

Not that much, but I guess I could stay awake for much, much longer, I just enjoy sleeping too much.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Awake for over two days, longest sleep probably around 17 hours after a lot of sleep deprivation

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Longest time awake was over 70 hours. I started having weird flashes, weird hallucinations that can't rightly be explained over the internet. Little things, though, nothing like what you'd see in a movie. Lots of double-takes and seeing things out of the corner of my eyes.

Longest sleep would probably by 16-ish hours. I slept a lot in the summer after graduation, heh.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Two periods of staying 43 and a half hours, divided by about 3/4 hours of sleep in between. It was beyond fucked up. What I used to do to play UT2004.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
I was awake once for 7 months 21 days (don't tell me as an insomniac I didn't fall asleep for a few hours, trust me I didn't, the fact I was hooked up to machines to study the affects attest to the fact I didn't sleep)

Longest I've slept? 21 hours (not including that time I was knocked out for three days!

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
n00beffect said:
Man, how do you guys do that...? I've gotta try this sometime, get a couple of vacant days, lots of cash, and just hop from party to party, see how long I can last :D
Mostly I was young and dumb and had a bunch of caffeine. That was a long time ago. I absolutely can't do that anymore. Now I'm old and have a seizure disorder after a head injury, and sleep deprivation is pretty much the number one way to make it worse. My brain pretty much shuts down automatically out of self defense after 18-20 hours these days, even if I try to stay up longer; I just fall asleep in the middle of whatever I'm doing, even sitting upright. At least I feel a lot better when I wake up on the average day now that I don't do stupid things like that on the weekends anymore. Heh.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
There's been pretty much no need for me to stay awake or asleep for long amounts of time, and I never have the will to do it.

Awake, I can barely stand being up past midnight. Asleep, ha, my body hates sleeping, always wakes me up at the same times -- eight or ten.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
36 hours asleep. No particular reason, I just lost a Thursday

about 48 hours awake. Finals + cramming - sleep = bad driving I live 10 miles from campus. Luckily my last final was on Wednesday morning, so I went to sleep in my car so I wasn't drowsy on my drive home considering how horrible the drive getting there was.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Zen Toombs said:
I'm apparently a wimp; the longest that I've stayed up was 31 hours. I also can't manage to sleep more than 12 hours.
Same here. I guess staying up for days depends on if you have some insanely addictive game like World of Warcraft that you can play for over a day, and sleeping more goes with staying awake more.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
About a week of no sleep because of personal problems it was horrible and couldn't even have a coherent conversation or taste food properly etc. Truly was the worst week of my life and I know if It has continued I would have probably killed myself after a few months if I had the energy.

I can't remember the last time I slept long not even after this occasion^

mbug

May 4, 2011
Longest awake 48hours-ish, longest sleep was when i had my first seizure, slept for about 30 hours or something i was told...i cant really remember XD but i still felt sleepy =/ so after a hour of being awake i went back to sleep for 10 hours :D

SeanTheBlueSheep

Nov 27, 2011
I think the longest I've been awake for is about 60 hours. Nothing hugely special, just got busy doing things and forgot to go to bed two nights in a row, then fell asleep around eight in the evening the next day after dinner.

Longest I've been asleep is probably about eighteen hours I suppose? Not really sure because sleep is rarely something I remember. I don't dream often, and when I do, my dreams are fleetingly remembered and are gone entirely by the time I put on my socks, so I don't have all that much to denote sleeping.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Longest Awake: a bit over 2 hours (I haven't really tried to stay awake for any specific reason.)

Asleep, about 17 hours.

Robert0288

Jun 10, 2008
Longest awake: 5am monday morning to 9pm friday. During basic training. So there wasn't any down time or sitting around. Running everywhere, diggings trenches etc...

Longest asleep: 18 hours. Most glorious sleep ever.