The longest you've slept, the longest you've been awake.

Atopos

Oct 23, 2011
I kind of freak out when i read that people haven't slept for 5 days with awful consequences.
The maximum i haven't slept was with my sister for 3 days playing Kingdom Of Hearts.Weirdly enough my maximum sleep didn't come after.
It was a totally random day that i was awfully bored and fell asleep for 16 hours.

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
Longest time awake must have been around 50 hours, during a gaming binge a few years ago.

Longest sleep was 13,5 hours, to this day I can't explain how, since I can't usually push myself past 10 hour mark.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Longest awake was 69 hours, this was ona military exercise, so I was outside working. or at least being alert and vigilant, the entire time! Being outside meant getting even more tired, and the cold at night was unbearable! When the shit kicks off though, there is nothing like adrenaline to wake you up again!
It was worth it though, because it meant I learnt my limits, so when faved with a 36 hour period of no sleep on Ops, it's a peice of cake! I can even willfully get up and go at stupid times in the morning now, a lot easier than I could before!

Longest sleep, 10 hours... Honestly! I will always wake upafter 9 maximum normally! My normal sleep is 6 hours! I don't necessarily get up when I wake up though, and I have gone back to sleep before for a couple of hours, but my logest time of actually sleeping was 10 hors, and man I felt like crap after that!

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
about 2.5 days conscious, but i think at around 1.8 days my brain fell half-asleep.
then i just straight-up fell asleep for 16 hours.
then i did it again.

nin_ninja

Nov 12, 2009
Slept: 18 hours or so when I was sick as a kid.

Awake: 52 hours when going on a camping trip. Don't know why I did it, just did.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
For me, the two are related. It was during high school, during one summer when 3 birthdays/parties decided to occur in three consecutiv evenings. The result was me not sleeping at all for three days and three nights. Suprisingly, I was fairly lucid at the end of it, though it did feel kinda like everything was "thicker", kinda like when you try to walk underwater only less so. I came home at 11am, said hi to my mother and ate some food. Then I decided to take a nap.

I woke up at 1pm and was kinda annoyed that only slept two hours. I went to find my parents, only to be informed by them that it was tommorow and that I'd just slept roughly 25 hours. That was a bit of a WTF moment for me...

Also, it took me more than a week to get my biorythm sorted out again...

NinjaOnXTC

Apr 25, 2011
Awake is 4 1/2 days, I had the most retching combination of severe hay-fever, diarrhea, twisted ankle, asthma, and the winter cold all on one of the few snow days New Zealand has, we couldn't get down the drive-way as it was 400m of downhill ice.
Asleep is 3 days, directly after all that horrible stuff above cleared up. Although I did have bronchitis after it, so I had a very fun fortnight...

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
EternityTransfer said:
139 hours awake. (5 days, 19 hours)

That nearly killed me. I was okay after 20 hours. Around the 35-hour mark, fine co-ordination began to be difficult (writing, or picking up small objects was tricky). Near to 50 hours, I began to feel sluggish when I moved, and also began to black out for a few seconds at a time. At roughly 80 hours, the need to sleep was like a constant ache, and I couldn't really think. After that I felt less of a need to sleep, but the blackouts were more frequent, even if I was doing something (as opposed to just sitting). I also started to hallucinate - I was hearing and seeing things. At around 120 hours, I began to black out more frequently, but for shorter times - almost like tiny flickers where my brain seemed to switch off and back on again, and even thinking was difficult.

The strange thing was, even at that late stage, I was still partially functional - I was awake during a fire in my hometown, and over those days we managed to keep most of it under control, even with the intense disadvantages that came with the sleep deprivation.
I feel now the intense desire to recreate that. Whenever I hear something like this, I crave first hand experience, and anything with hallucinations interests me more than it should.

Awake? 26 hour xbox marathon. Asleep, painfully in and out of consciousness four days when I had pneumonia or something.

Nalbis

Oct 6, 2008
52 hours awake. This was a massive WoW power-levelling binge with a friend. We levelled two Rogues for Arena in TBC - lots of energy drink and junk food. We then slept for 24 hours. His bedroom has no windows so once the door is closed and the light is off - BAM, pitch black. For ever.

The only reason we woke up when we did was because his mother came in to check we were alright hah. It was the most surreal feeling losing a whole day due to sleep, I don't think I'd want to do it again. Returning to a normal sleeping pattern after that was almost impossible.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Queen Michael said:
I just woke up. I went to sleep at 07:30 AM, and I woke up about half an hour ago, at 09:30 PM. So that's 14 hours of sleeping, which is the longest I ever slept.

Last week I stayed awake for 46 hours, without any other help than habanero chips. Longest period of waking ever.

What's the longest you've ever been awake, and the longest you've slept?
Stayed up for 48+ hours once. Nothing too crazy.

Slept for something like 20 hours once though, during which time I had a particularly interesting dream about some village in some obscure African country being terrorized by a giant crocodile-demon thing.

Water was also a pretty big theme during the whole dream, and once I woke up, I was so dehydrated that I drank nearly one gallon of water in under a half hour.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
24 hours with the release of black ops, not a good idea, i couldn't focus after 12 hours. (I'm 14 ok, don't expect me to stay up that long, I was 13 when it came out) longest sleep? 18 hours after getting a migraine at age 8, sadly, no dreams.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
About 37 hours awake and 19 hours asleep. Unless I have some regular obligations to meet, my sleep schedule will tend to get pretty fucked up. Though lately I've managed to avoid going to bed at crazily late times and am getting up fairly early to, it's all about how you condition yourself.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Longest awake 72 hours. Longest asleep roughly 48 hours. And they didn't happen together either.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Probably 14 hours sleep max with 2ish days awake. Just a guess. Thats not that bad.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
HassEsser said:
Wow, I thought 38 hours would be pretty up there.
Guess not
also, 11 hours of sleep, I don't like sleeping; I love LAYING DOWN and doing nothing, but sleep irks me.
Except that they're all full of...

Can I just say they're all full of crap?

I can? cool.

They're all full of crap!

All but the most iron willed and genetically mutated humans start HALLUCINATING after about 40-50 hours of being awake because they also start to develop a FEVER your body literally freaks the fuck out and tries everything it can to force you to sleep.

Many people around the 70 hour mark DIE. I think ONE person on here has described that kind of event.

Also, nodding off for 10 minutes does count as sleep (not very good sleep medically) if you're talking about world records. (which is 264 hours or 11 days, the guy suffered permanent brain damage)