The Matrix 4: Resurrections Trailer

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Having seen the movie just now, still think otherwise
They're fine together. That doesn't mean they have Kate/Leo or Bogie/Baccall chemistry. They work off each other better in New Matrix, for what it's worth, because (in my opinion) now they have the weight of their intertwined careers to work with, and the audience has nostalgia to work with. But that doesn't mean this sudden Epic Love Story Across Time and Space angle feels a little out of the blue. Imagine if Lord of the Rings 4 were about Aragorn and Arwen somehow reuniting in Eldamar, and how they didn't accomplish anywhere near as much as the original movies had us believe but it's alright cause it was all about their love story all along.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The movie is about as good as I could have expected for an obvious cashgrab/nostalgia bait film. It could have been worse, but it isn't great either.

Reactions: gorfias

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
They're fine together. That doesn't mean they have Kate/Leo or Bogie/Baccall chemistry. They work off each other better in New Matrix, for what it's worth, because (in my opinion) now they have the weight of their intertwined careers to work with, and the audience has nostalgia to work with. But that doesn't mean this sudden Epic Love Story Across Time and Space angle feels a little out of the blue. Imagine if Lord of the Rings 4 were about Aragorn and Arwen somehow reuniting in Eldamar, and how they didn't accomplish anywhere near as much as the original movies had us believe but it's alright cause it was all about their love story all along.
Who's Kate/Leo and Bogie/Beccall?

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
The movie is about as good as I could have expected for an obvious cashgrab/nostalgia bait film. It could have been worse, but it isn't great either.
Neo and Trinity's scenes made me smile at points, especially at the ending

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Neo and Trinity's scenes made me smile at points, especially at the ending
Yeah that stuff is nice. But it hits in the nostalgia feels, and doesn't really serve to make the movie any better. I think that the nostalia and fan service are the only things that made the move tolerable.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Spoiler about something in this movie

I did felt sad when I learned that the real Morpheus has passed away in universe, even if it was just told to me, and seeing a statue dedicated to his honor, as well as looking like Laurence Fishburne did got the feelz out of me

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
That's unfortunate. I loved the Matrix. I liked Reloaded. Revolutions was a dumpster fire. This was a chance at redemption. I don't think it achieved that much.

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
I wonder what’s nostalgia critics reaction to the fourth matrix movie? One of his last reviews I saw before I gave up on him was him thrashing the first matrix film.

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wonder what’s nostalgia critics reaction to the fourth matrix movie?
Who cares? He's an insecure dick-biatch that can't take any criticism and nearly screams at everything.

One of his last reviews I saw before I gave up on him was him thrashing the first matrix film.
If you must, he hates the sequels as well. I prefer Dark City much like him, but I have my limits. Though I am not going out of the my way to act like a smug douche, nor insult others for liking the sequels. Odds are he's gonna hate the 4th movie more than 2 and 3. He loves The Animatrix, so I will give him that, but that's all he is gonna get from me.

Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
Who cares? He's an insecure dick-biatch that can't take any criticism and nearly screams at everything.

If you must, he hates the sequels as well. I prefer Dark City much like him, but I have my limits. Though I am not going out of the my way to act like a smug douche, nor insult others for liking the sequels. Odds are he's gonna hate the 4th movie more than 2 and 3. He loves The Animatrix, so I will give him that, but that's all he is gonna get from me.
I never cared for the films myself. I was just curious as to what Doug thought of it. The answer might as well be an obvious one anyways. He hasn’t been good for years.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Watched it today in theaters and was shocked by just how much I hated it.

The first 45 minutes of the movie is just the writers telling the audience through the characters that they have absolutely no ideas for this movie, and then the rest of the movie proves that right.

I at least expected the action to be pretty good, but even that falls completely flat. None of the action is interesting, and most of the time the camera is too close to the action to actually see what's happening.

I can't think of a single scene in this movie that's actually memorable. The movie seems to be entirely confused about what it is.

I''m really completely done with the Matrix franchise now, which is really unfortunate because The Matrix is one of my favorite action movies of all time.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
If frying all of a person's internal organs like a lightning rod is not enough to end them, I don't know what is. I didn't think the machines were sorcerers.

The Matrix Revolutions [UHD-DV].mkv_snapshot_01.53.45.008.jpg

What I would have done is make Neo traces of the old Matrix (since he was already part code in the original trilogy) and Trinity a sentient recreation based on his memory, if I had to bring them both back. Neo would thus see the world from the perspective of the machines, being a program himself. Maybe the film could have been about the survival of the digital world and the sentient programs within. Bugs would have been the outsider looking in. Kind of reminds me of the game SOMA, where you play as a digital copy of a dead man.
Definitely wouldn't have brought any version of Smith back, since he was completely obliterated.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I''m really completely done with the Matrix franchise now, which is really unfortunate because The Matrix is one of my favorite action movies of all time.
I've been done with the franchise since Reloaded. I did not even see Revolution until 2007; just for some minor closure.