The Matrix 4: Resurrections Trailer

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
One of the dumbest decisions they made was tinting all of the scenes occurring inside the Matrix green. The highway chase was done primarily with practical effects and stunts, and yet the coloring made it look like bad CGI.
In the original the matrix green did not just indicate they were in thematrix but to also tint the emotional state of the world of the matrix as drab and beaten down similar to it's use in fight club. This worked fine in the dank noir the original matrix, but reloaded is an entirely different genre and style of film. It's practically an action musical lacking any kind of introspection. I could shit on the movie all day, but I will say moving to bright hyper-styled action sets for the film meant the wachoskis should have also thought to change the tint of the second movie. Getting on my own horse I would swapped tint. Amp up the brightness and glitz inside the matrix for the second film and added a darker tint to the outside world to showcase how much life outside the matrix sucked. Maybe coat zion in harsh red emergency lighting to show people were struggling outside the matrix. You gotta keep in mind these are the same idiots that thought it would be cool jazz up Zion as the last party on earth and fill it with horrifyingly cheasy costumes. *Puke*

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
One of the dumbest decisions they made was tinting all of the scenes occurring inside the Matrix green. The highway chase was done primarily with practical effects and stunts, and yet the coloring made it look like bad CGI.
I personally prefer the green tint. Reinforces the artificality of the Matrix and all that. Any 'unreal' moves that come from that via CGI are part of the package.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
The Matrix looks more artificial now. Like everything is spruced up. Lens flares, bloom, etc. The trilogy looked pretty gritty and real in comparison. I know that melds with what Sati did, but eh.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
The Matrix looks more artificial now. Like everything is spruced up. Lens flares, bloom, etc. The trilogy looked pretty gritty and real in comparison. I know that melds with what Sati did, but eh.
I'd say it looks less artificial. Or at least, it's much brighter and less 'green.' Which certainly fits Sati and the rebooted Matrix.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I'd say it looks less artificial. Or at least, it's much brighter and less 'green.' Which certainly fits Sati and the rebooted Matrix.
I would say that even before 2018 when the movies were still caked in green they looked more real. Like the world would still look more real to me if I wore sunglasses than if I saw lens flares and bloom coming out of everything and the weather and lighting was always picture perfect.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Five minutes into the review and it already sounds pretty fucking stupid.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Early reactions describe the movie as "silly", "weird", "meta" and "jokey", Keanu is playing Keanu and how it's more romance than action. Which is a weird angle to focus on, given how little chemistry Neo and Trinity had on the original movies. I'm not feeling this one, but then I was getting Jupiter Ascending flashbacks from the trailer.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Early reactions describe the movie as "silly", "weird", "meta" and "jokey", Keanu is playing Keanu and how it's more romance than action. Which is a weird angle to focus on, given how little chemistry Neo and Trinity had on the original movies. I'm not feeling this one, but then I was getting Jupiter Ascending flashbacks from the trailer.
"Little Chemistry"

I've seen all three movies so many times to know that isn't true

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Sounds like it's up my alley, honestly. Then, I liked everything the Wachowski's made after the Matrix movies more than the Matrix movies.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Five minutes into the review and it already sounds pretty fucking stupid.

Yeah, I got warning signs the moment he started calling Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, from the newer Star Wars films, pussies. And how this movie turn Neo into a pussy. Also, he started using the word beta, so I can't take him seriously. Still not watching this garbage, but I don't need a guy like that to figure that out that the movie is not good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Yeah, I got warning signs the moment he started calling Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, from the newer Star Wars films, pussies. And how this movie turn Neo into a pussy. Also, he started using the word beta, so I can't take him seriously. Still now washing this garbage, but I don't need a guy like that to figure that out that the movie is not good.
I didn't actually care about what he thought. I've never watched another video of his. I cared about what he knows about this movie. I watched it for information. He could have expressed no opinions and just given the information and I still would have called the movie fucking stupid based on that.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
You can tell it's trying to be funny and smart about what it's doing, what it's saying about current movies, but as someone who likes all four previous Matrix movies, the decision just annoys me.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I didn't actually care about what he thought. I've never watched another video of his. I cared about what he knows about this movie. I watched it for information. He could have expressed no opinions and just given the information and I still would have called the movie fucking stupid based on that.
Good to know. I just wish you had picked somebody that didn't sound like a complete douche. That's not entirely your fault, you're only getting what information is available right now. But still, screw this guy.

You can tell it's trying to be funny and smart about what it's doing, what it's saying about current movies, but as someone who likes all four previous Matrix movies, the decision just annoys me.
Just like the jackass in the video. Back on topic, that's what happens when you go full self-awareness or meta in a series that's supposed to be serious. It's the same problem I have with the Scream movies.

Reactions: Fallen Soldier

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Having seen the movie just now, still think otherwise
They're fine together.
Jeremy Johns gives is an "Alcohol Required" rating. Seems fair.
I did not hate it. I didn't love it. If I never ever see it ever again, I'll be fine with that.
I may have lost the plot. Seemed Neo was willing to sacrifice all of humanity to save his girl friend. Not very noble or plot worthy. I thought waking up Trinity, who had a ton to lose in facing reality, was easier to wake than Neo.
Movie loses some of its internal logic saying advances in technology has fixed/replaced some things. C-