The most awful thing you've ever actually done to someone during online play

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
If anyones played the Starcraft II custom game mafia then you will understand me here. You have to be a horrible person in that game as the mafia, it involves lying to everyone around you and convincing the 12 other players you are on there side and trying to help them, while by night you kill them all. I have told some terrible lies in that game, but that's the point of it I guess :p

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
I play Eve Online. My Inbox is filled to the brim with delicious, delicious hate mail. That is all.

Adept Mechanicus

Oct 14, 2012
Playing on the same side as my brother in Battlefield 1942. Somehow, I managed to stumble into a position of overwhelming tactical superiority. Rather than capturing the final point and letting him lose with dignity, I kept stealing aircraft and flying them straight into him. The funny thing was, I was the US and he was Japan. The irony was not lost on me.

Gormech

May 10, 2012
There was this old game called Holy beast online with a really hard grind. I'd play a theif character and go around aggroing mobs before leading them to people who were trying to level up. When I got enough chasing me, I'd use a vanish skill and the mobs would aggro to the other player and usually land a kill. This was evil in that at just about anything past level 40, you had to grind for over 2 hours for 10% to the next level and if you died, you lost 10% of whatever the exp needed to get to the next level was.

There was also this OP illusionist class that could stack sleep spells in pvp areas. Keep higher leveled character frozen in one spot for hours.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
One of my favorite past times in command and conquer, especially against turtle players who don't focus on building units at first, is to build a few engineers as quickly as possible and send them to the opposing team's base, where I take over only the main base building and sell it. That initial confusion, realization and slow build up to seething anger that results from it gets me every time.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I don't actively grief anyone... but recently in Pokemon, I've been using a strategy that I'm sure has been pissing people off.

Basically, it involves Klefki. On the first turn, I use Thunder Wave. Second turn, I use Swagger. With Parahax, I usually make it to the third turn, where I set up a Substitute. From behind the sub, I can safely keep the confusion up. And whenever I get a free turn, I use Foul Play, which is boosted by Swagger.

Unless you're carrying a ground/Electric Pokemon, or get lucky, it's actually really hard to bring this bastard down when he gets going. I've swept teams of Pokemon with Klefki alone.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
Azure23 said:
infinity_turtles said:
Everquest, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls.
Dark Souls Humanity Drain and Curse on an AFKer
Xcell935 said:
Dark Souls, where being awful is a part of the game.

I spent a whole 3 hours invading Anor Londo as a low level siver knight.
You all know that infamous part in Anor EVERYONE on the Escapist talks about right?
Yes, I'm talking about the legendary Anor Londo rafters with the 2 silver knight archers.
I became the 3rd. For 3 hours.
Awful yes, but the hate mail was glorious. Definitely going to Undead hell though... :3
I never did those ones, but I have invaded Duke's Archives as a Dickmoon Blade. Activate the siren in the prison, wake up the Moonlight Butterflies in the Crystal Caves. The guilty pay the price.

The Wykydtron said:
-A lot of interesting yet somewhat technical League of Legends stuff.-
I love playing Morgana in mid, or Vladimir or Mundo in top. Specifically, Vladmir isn't a particularly strong top-laner, but he's (in my opinion) the best farmer in the game. I let my enemy laner push me to tower, then simply last-hit minions while being completely safe, with a little Q harass to keep them away from experience. Once they give up and let me push out, I'm a high enough level that if their jungler comes to gank, I can use my W ability to reposition, heal myself via my Q ability, and continue farming without giving a single fuck. In theory.

Clowndoe said:
Aggroing Fleshpounds in Killing Floor
Killing Floor needs a surprising amount of teamwork. I've been killed by idiots before unintentionally doing the same thing you did.

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
Hmm.. back in Everquest I mained a cleric and eventually I had an alt Necro.

back at that time groups were the way the game was played to level (RIP good MMO's) and for my necro's level range paludal caverns was THE place to be from about 18-28. I was a Necro around early to mid 20's and we had a camp (some here may not recognize the term) and everything was going smoothly. Then another group came and just stole half our camp, competitively pulling our mobs (big nono from the games etiquette) and no matter how we reasoned or tried they wouldn't stop and wait their turn for a camp spot as we had done. So I got tired of this and said to my group 'wait here, i'll deal with this' and relogged as my cleric.

Ran my cleric over and my cleric was at the end game level so the zone was trivial to me. I went over to the group and started healing and buffing the mobs they were pulling as my group started laughing (they later patched out the ability to heal/buff mobs). Obviously they couldn't beat a mob that was being healed by an end game cleric so they all got wiped. Came back, took their corpses and I offered them raises if they left and waited their turn for a camp, to which they agreed.

--

While typing that I remembered another story. I was a DM on an NWN server and there were these two new players breaing the rules and killing low level NPC's and animals, which was against the rules (since we wanted that kinda thing to have consequences and you needed a DM to do so) so I got this tell from a player letting me know and relogged as DM. They were in a field killing a farmers cows. I could have done this properly and brought in some guards, but something about their group chat was annoying me.. maybe the poor spelling or txtspeak. So I instead went to the end of the field and set a cows stats to like, 80 str, dex and con and waited. They carried on killing cows and got to COWZILLA. They hit it with a sword and this cow just turned round and jumped on them, killing them both in one attack apiece. They just lie there then one goes 'WTF?'. That made my day.

Cruickshank

Jul 3, 2013
back when i used to play wow, a friend of mine who is obsessed with cats played the song 'druid kitty meow' enough times the lyrics got stuck in my head and gave me the most godawful evil idea; i was playing as a worgen druid and while in cat form i stealthed into the horde main city and started using the chat to spam players around me with those damn lyrics. i did this for a few minutes before watching the confused and annoyed horde players run around got boring. if it wasnt for one high level player being in the area at the time i wouldve racked up a nice little kill streak of noob players. probably the most dickish thing ive done online, but watching the rage from players in the area chat made the effort of getting into that damn city so worth it.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Ninjat_126 said:
The Wykydtron said:
I love playing Morgana in mid, or Vladimir or Mundo in top. Specifically, Vladmir isn't a particularly strong top-laner, but he's (in my opinion) the best farmer in the game. I let my enemy laner push me to tower, then simply last-hit minions while being completely safe, with a little Q harass to keep them away from experience. Once they give up and let me push out, I'm a high enough level that if their jungler comes to gank, I can use my W ability to reposition, heal myself via my Q ability, and continue farming without giving a single fuck. In theory.
There are many arguments as to who is the very best farmer in the game, Vlad is up there but my vote has to go to Zed. Seriously he has the highest farm in the game almost every game I see him in. His passive deals more damage to low health units for easy last hits and he can clear waves quickly and he uses no mana.

Also Vlad can 1v1 most people once he gets points in his Q, roundabout level 7, 9 if you want to be super safe. He's like Riven in that he can just turn around with a huge "fuck it!" and unload everything on someone's face when he's feeling annoyed.

Vlad is in that bullshit category of Champions where if you give them one kill in lane you're fucking done. See also Riven, Irelia or Jax. I need to play Irelia more. She's really good, no idea why she's dropped off the radar. Especially since she's a Trinity Force top. I just never play top, definitely my weakest lane.

You actually play Mundo? He's so forgotten about it's weird. Probably understandable now that BORK is like the best item ever and Mundo is the epitome of a HP tank.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Ninjat_126 said:
Xcell935 said:

You all know that infamous part in Anor EVERYONE on the Escapist talks about right?
Yes, I'm talking about the legendary Anor Londo rafters with the 2 silver knight archers.
Awful yes, but the hate mail was glorious. Definitely going to Undead hell though... :3
I never did those ones, but I have invaded Duke's Archives as a Dickmoon Blade. Activate the siren in the prison
+1 for you.

That soothing melody is enough to make anyone prefer death>ear bleeding. How despicable of you, but yeah I do that from time to time.
I'm guilty, come at me Gwyndolin.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
I didn't have any story to share, so I went into GTA Online, killed a dude, stole his car and drove by the pier into the water. I think he was high level and didn't apreciate it much since he once ressurected tried to killed me using a helicopter and rockets. I still was under the pier, so he couldn't get to me that way. Eventually I got bored and left, probably with a bounty on my head next time I log in.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
Xcell935 said:
Ninjat_126 said:
Xcell935 said:

I never did those ones, but I have invaded Duke's Archives as a Dickmoon Blade. Activate the siren in the prison
+1 for you.

That soothing melody is enough to make anyone prefer death>ear bleeding. How despicable of you, but yeah I do that from time to time.
Let the atonement for thy felonies commenceth.

The Wykydtron said:
Ninjat_126 said:
The Wykydtron said:
There are many arguments as to who is the very best farmer in the game, Vlad is up there but my vote has to go to Zed. Seriously he has the highest farm in the game almost every game I see him in. His passive deals more damage to low health units for easy last hits and he can clear waves quickly and he uses no mana.

Also Vlad can 1v1 most people once he gets points in his Q, roundabout level 7, 9 if you want to be super safe. He's like Riven in that he can just turn around with a huge "fuck it!" and unload everything on someone's face when he's feeling annoyed.

Vlad is in that bullshit category of Champions where if you give them one kill in lane you're fucking done. See also Riven, Irelia or Jax. I need to play Irelia more. She's really good, no idea why she's dropped off the radar. Especially since she's a Trinity Force top. I just never play top, definitely my weakest lane.

You actually play Mundo? He's so forgotten about it's weird. Probably understandable now that BORK is like the best item ever and Mundo is the epitome of a HP tank.
In Plastic IIX, nobody ever buys Ruined King unless they're playing a champion who has it in their recommended items. I run a Spirit Visage for the healing buff, Sunfire Cape for armour, and then grab HP items, tenacity and movespeed boots.

As for farming, I know Zed's got some advantages, but Vlad's Q instantly deals damage, costs nothing, and heals you. That lets you last hit easily under towers, while his E damages all enemies in range, so you can push incredibly quickly as well. And since Vladimir uses HP instead of mana to cast his spells, getting some spell vamp means his skills cost nothing if they hit a target.

Another League of Legends thing would have to be playing Teemo. Specifically, the time I played a Teemo in mid, and my lane partner was a Talon trying to shut down a burst mage. All his gap-closer did was put him into poison-dart range, and he died to poison and Liandry's burn more than once while running away in stealth.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Ninjat_126 said:
Xcell935 said:
Ninjat_126 said:
Xcell935 said:

Let the atonement for thy felonies commenceth.

The Wykydtron said:
Ninjat_126 said:
The Wykydtron said:

In Plastic IIX, nobody ever buys Ruined King unless they're playing a champion who has it in their recommended items. I run a Spirit Visage for the healing buff, Sunfire Cape for armour, and then grab HP items, tenacity and movespeed boots.

As for farming, I know Zed's got some advantages, but Vlad's Q instantly deals damage, costs nothing, and heals you. That lets you last hit easily under towers, while his E damages all enemies in range, so you can push incredibly quickly as well. And since Vladimir uses HP instead of mana to cast his spells, getting some spell vamp means his skills cost nothing if they hit a target.

Another League of Legends thing would have to be playing Teemo. Specifically, the time I played a Teemo in mid, and my lane partner was a Talon trying to shut down a burst mage. All his gap-closer did was put him into poison-dart range, and he died to poison and Liandry's burn more than once while running away in stealth.
If you're playing Zed the way he's meant to be played you never have to last hit under tower at all. You push forever and lol jk out with his shadow. Less effective now though, it's slow as hell to come out.

I know next to nothing about Vlad builds except that Spell Vamp is good and SV is God Tier on him. By Tenacity and movespeed boots do you mean you get Ancient Golem? I'm a bit iffy on lane people getting jungle items but Ancient Golem is a very solid item for pretty much everyone I suppose.

Also you're officially the worst person alive for playing Teemo :mad:

Teemo mid is only good if you're against a melee like yeah Talon and you poke forever without letting him get in teleport range. If you were against say Ahri or any ranged burst mage preferably with mobility and if they avoid your poison harass until 6 it's pretty difficult for a Teemo. If they know what they're doing Teemo is fuckin' done. Move Quick? More like, Charm lol.

Yes I am learning Ahri. She's hilarious. I am consistently getting more and more impressed at just how much stupid shit Spirit Rush lets you get away with as I keep playing her.

Teemo top is better because every top is melee bar like Kennen or Elise, shrooms are more effective considering the map geometry and he's generally more infuriating up there. He's gonna be ridiculously good in S4 by the way, the nerf to revealing stealth is gonna make people like Teemo or Eve really good, maybe even the return of Shaco.

I would be playing some Ahri now but EU West has been fucked even before the new patch is live. Actually it's patching now but i'm 100% certain we won't be able to play properly for a few days. Once you've played on EU West for a good period of time you can judge these things.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
I used to play Runescape, a primitive Java based MMO that runs on a browser.

My friend and I would lure unsuspecting newbies into the wilderness which was the game's PvP zone. (Players called it "the wildy"). We would spin some yarn about how there was some massive clan battle there, and tremendous loot available. In Runescape if you die, all your items on your body (save IIRC 3) remain on the body for anyone to claim.

As we ventured further and further, the requirement to attack lower level players decreases until you can attack anybody. So naturally we would mug and murder these poor players. To add insult to injury he would teleport back to the spawn point wearing his victim's outfit and taunt them.

May 29, 2011
The Youth Counselor said:
EVERYBODY KNOWS WHAT RUNESCAPE IS.

My friend and I would lure unsuspecting newbies into the wilderness which was the game's PvP zone. (Players called it "the wildy"). We would spin some yarn about how there was some massive clan battle there, and tremendous loot available. In Runescape if you die, all your items on your body (save IIRC 3) remain on the body for anyone to claim.

As we ventured further and further, the requirement to attack lower level players decreases until you can attack anybody. So naturally we would mug and murder these poor players. To add insult to injury he would teleport back to the spawn point wearing his victim's outfit and taunt them.
You're a god damn monster.

This one time some random kid was trying to troll me so I told him I'd report the fact that he was playing underaged and they would delete his account.

He started begging me not to do it. It was fucking perfect. I told him to run around in a circle for an hour or I'd do it, and he freaking did it for 9 minutes till I told him to stop.

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
Back in the days of the last Call of Duty I played, which was MW2 if there was someone on chat who was dicking us over and getting all salty, I was spend the ENTIRETY of the match bombarding said person with party invites, then kicking them if they actually joined the party.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Use_Imagination_here said:
The Youth Counselor said:
EVERYBODY KNOWS WHAT RUNESCAPE IS.

You're a god damn monster.

This one time some random kid was trying to troll me so I told him I'd report the fact that he was playing underaged and they would delete his account.

He started begging me not to do it. It was fucking perfect. I told him to run around in a circle for an hour or I'd do it, and he freaking did it for 9 minutes till I told him to stop.
Bwahahaha!

Eventually we saw the error of our ways and matured into better people. May Saradomin forgive us.

We ended up eventually becoming "twinkers," players who gave away free stuff and mentored new players. My friend ended up co-founding one of Runescape's biggest clans "The Alliance."

I mostly just played (or griefed) the game without objectives such as dressing up as a priest and delivering holier than thou sermons on the streets of Falador to praise Saradomin and protesting against magicians for practicing the black arts.

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Darkfall Online was the king of Dick-move Supporting MMOs. It had full loot and always on PvP, the only protection was in the form of zap towers in a tiny few cities that zapped enemies (racial enemies of that town and negative alignment players). Most cities though were owned by player clans that could be attacked, sieged, and taken over, which was the big end-game draw of the game.

There was a clan that specifically focused on robbing clan banks by pretending to be alts of officers and sneaking into clans to rob them blind.

There was another clan that lured people into trade deals in tower protected towns, they would overencumber your character with whatever they asked for trade (say 10,000 logs) making them go into slow-walk mode, then once the trade window opened, they had a buddy cast a spell that force-pushed you away from the bank, and while you're trying desperately to slowwalk your naked butt back to the bank to redeposit your stuff they very swiftly unleashed hellfire upon you killing you in short order, the attackers would die from the zap towers but not before they had a chance to fry you first (zap towers took awhile to do their job), then their unassuming alt friend would just loot your corpse for everything you had on you, and BANK!

Then of course back in the day when you could complete a siege 4 hours from the time you initiated it, there were clans that would ninja an entire city by doing early morning sieges and taking it when the fewest number of players could be online to defend it.

When the developers changed the siege timer to being 24 hours before you could start a siege, clans would frequently abuse the system by using small 1-2 man alt clans to self-siege their city, making them immune to being sieged for the next 24 hours.

All of this on top of people constantly killing people for no better reason than because they could.

Personally? Well I murdered newbs on several occasions while they were AFK fishing on a raft just to steal their raft, but I was a pirate clan, and comparatively, that is pretty "small time" :D