The most beautiful sight in a video game

OverlordSteve

Jul 8, 2008
The end cinnematic of Warcraft 3, the frozen throne. Arthas puts on the Lich King's helmet while the cavern collaspes around him, then it all blows up and it's just him sitting on top of this giant spire of ice.

It's not beautiful, per say, but still pretty awesome.

CTU_Agent24

May 21, 2008
Final cutscene fight in 'Drakes Fortune' (on the tanker). Amazing.

Also walking/crawling through the microwave hallway in MGS4 and watching the three seperate battles being waged above you. Powerful

Tanthalos

Mar 25, 2008
Flying around Hogwarts on Buckbeak's back during the winter in the Prisoner of Azakaban game. I did it for hours; the music, graphics and general feel were simply amazing.

corporate_gamer

Apr 17, 2008
J'aen said:
The helicopter that comes to rescue you at the end of One Shot, One Kill in Call of Duty 4.
i concur, a beautiful sight.

but i would have to say getting your car shot up by the cops in gta4. pulling away with that single shotgun (pellet?) spread in your passanger door for the first time, it was purty.

Takatchi

Jul 4, 2008
The end of the Orc campaign in WarCraft 3 where Grom Hellscream and Thrall are facing off against Mannoroth, where Grom single-handedly takes down the demon lord who had enslaved his race for a generation. Grom the motherfucking Hellscream will forever be the Chuck Norris of orcs.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Takatchi said:
The end of the Orc campaign in WarCraft 3 where Grom Hellscream and Thrall are facing off against Mannoroth, where Grom single-handedly takes down the demon lord who had enslaved his race for a generation. Grom the motherfucking Hellscream will forever be the Chuck Norris of orcs.
A shame he had to die because he surpassed the maximum ammount of awesome one can achieve in life

Mr Wednesday

Jan 22, 2008
Oblivion, slowly wandering north and watching the leaves shift from green to gold.

In fact, pretty much Oblivion in general.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
battlefield: bad company on live.being the attacking side,getting on the artillery and blowing up the building your enemy was about to hide in.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
sicDaniel said:
Eagle Est1986 said:
First seeing the outside world in Oblivion. I actually just stood there for a few seconds, taking it all in.
That is exactly what i wanted to post.
Me too. I was so tired of walking around in that dark, gloomy castle dungeon, so stepping out into the bright and beautifull outdoors, gazing down at the river, seeing the mountains and a butterfly flying by was nothing but breathtaking.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
When you discover cool "set pieces".

Something like in a FPS game where you come across a secluded perch overlooking lots of bad guys crowded around a explosive barrel.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
Lord of the rings online has some beautiful scenery in it. They really did a great job with that. The music tends to go right along with it, too.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Shadow of the Colossus is a givin' but when i first started to play the game and see the vast openness of the world i just rode around with my horse and gazed at the open plain.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Stepping out of the City 17 station and seeing the stark contrast of the obelisk with Breen's face on it, dwarfed by the Citadel.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
Sailing in TLoZ: Windwaker. that was just pretty.
the entirety of Okami.
my first slowmo headshot in Sniper Elite.