The most bullcrap boss/es.

WaffleCopters

Dec 13, 2009
Stingy Fellow said:
incredibly obnoxious archer draugr boss in Skyrim who Fus-Ro-Dah'd me all over the cave and turned my svelte mage body into a Breton pincushion,
now THAT is where i got the Mehrunes razor, did slowtime shout, and prodded him till the dagger proc'd.

OT, im not sure.

EDIT: actually if stupidly easy counts, the "boss" at the end of Revelations, where you hit him once, and he falls backwards into the water, since all NPCs are made of limestone, he instantly died.

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
Really? No one mentioned the Legendary battle against boss #5 in No More Heroes yet?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUMK6psQC1Q[/youtube]

Talk about bullcrap. fucking killstealers.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011

Third boss in A Link To The Past, spent 2 years trying to get past this. It was impossible. So much rage.

Bishop99999999

Dec 6, 2007
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Siskel and Ebert. Otherwise known as Orstein and Smough from Dark Souls. Solo, no summoning other players. They...they did things to me.....
Seconded. I hate these guys with a passion. And having to kill those two giant knights beforehand just to be able to summon Solaire...I found myself jamming on the right bumper trying to FUS RO DAH! them after a while.

Kiytan

Feb 23, 2008
pick an SMT game (any of them) pick a boss (any of them) They have a 99.4% chance of being an absolute ***** to kill. you may have thought you've grinded lots of levels, or you have awesome equipment (or both) and therefor will be able to take this boss down easily. You won't.

RedHighwind07

Aug 11, 2011
RedFox742 said:
RedHighwind07 said:
Almost every boss on the European Extreme difficulties on Metal Gear Solid 2&3. The Fury and the Fear in particular took me so long to beat because I never had enough tranquilizer ammo.
Dude, if you want a tranq kill for The Fear, just chuck a bunch of poisoned/rotten food around and wait for him to eat it all like a moron. Then drill him with one traq and you win. It's a must on any speed-run for the Spider camo.

The Fury, I admit, I have only tranq-ed out on Hard, never Extreme. Maybe I'll go back someday. It is my favorite game ever.
Yeah man, the Fury on Extreme was bullcrap, took four hours of continuously restarting the game and pausing every ten seconds to change my camo because I was on fire. I never had any luck with that poisoned food thing either, he would always shoot down the apples even after I threw poisoned frogs everywhere.

Also, amen to the favourite game ever part.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
The Final Boss of FFXIII has a one-hit KO attack during his second form that he uses from time to time. If you lose here, you have to do the entire boss battle all over again. The thing is, he keeps aiming that attack at me and it worked nearly every time, even if I wore the items that were suppose to decrease the chance of that happening.

Fuck, that was annoying. But come to think of it, so was the entire game.
The only reason I'm not completely ignoring XII-2 and everything that has to do with it, is because Snow seems to be in it again. That guy was awesome (although it's mostly because his constant hero talk has a reason behind it, otherwise he'd be annoying); the rest can go fuck themselves.

Yggdraz0r

Jun 7, 2009
Naeras said:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution-bosses were shit. Didn't fit with the rest of the game at all and were frustrating in a bad way*.

*If you want to see something that's frustrating in a good way, try Abyssion from Tales of Symphonia. He's a completely optional boss and he's so overpowered it's not even funny, but he's still my favorite boss ever.
I once saw a movie of some asian guy (I think) beating him on the hardest difficulty (name escapes met atm :|) with just a level 13 Zelos :x. Guy is mad. :p

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010

Fucking Motaro from Mortal Kombat. Cheater teleported, reflected freeze beams, and shot tail lasers.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
Final race in Need For Speed Underground

Not even kidding, shit was intense and had me screaming and crying when I was a young lad.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-

Seth from Street Fighter 4.
I'm calling him hacker for having a vortex Yin Yang ball as his stomach that can suck you in and spit you out.

Alatreon from Monster Hunter Tri.
Granted he is an ok boss but it's the level where it is on that is super hard! It's in a open space in a volcano so you have to check on your health due to the heat. Not only that but he's a online boss only meaning there are plenty of newbie who never face it before (I mean if it was in offline mode at least you get some pratice). Combine the nebies and the three lives for all four players only will ensure a game over.

Olga Flow (after normal mode).
The first part with the open lift going down is bearable but once he crash down onto the floor and his quad legs replace with two legs, that where it's get super hard. On the ground he also summon two serpent like things so there are alot of things going on for you to deal with.

Lunarflowermaiden

Dec 28, 2010
Not sure if it would be considered a boss. But one of the big monster battles in Tales of Vesperia. Where you are forced for the first part of the battle to play as one character (one I never usually control, or even have in my party), with the rest of your party joining in later.

It took a lot of leveling up to get to where I could beat it.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Any of the Bosses from Star Ocean the Last Hope,becasue the game thinks difficult means insane amounts of HP, the last boss took me the better part of 3 hours to complete.

Gattsuo from Tales of Vesperia,fucker hit's like a truck, and if he isn't interrupting your spell casters his little minions are. Unless you know he's coming you're probably not really prepared and can't go back to town due to the plot. I believe this is what TV tropes calls a wake-up call boss(Shadow Yukiko form P4 is the same way but she's manageable if you know what you're doing).

Matador,just Matador.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Siskel and Ebert. Otherwise known as Orstein and Smough from Dark Souls. Solo, no summoning other players. They...they did things to me.....
Ah, I really love that boss battle, but seriously, they were nothing on Gwyn.

That fight literally took me around 80 tries to do, and even then I only did it by cheesing him with Iron Flesh.

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
Funny this comes up today, a few hours ago I reached the point in Terraria where you have to go kill the Wall of Flesh to advance, and although I knew he was death, I did not know to what extent.

My first attempt ended with me taking out about...4% of his health before plummetting into a pit of lava and proceeding to drown/burn.

I anticipate trying times ahead -.-..go figure all the awesome stuff is only available after he's dead. If nothing else, its a cool and creative fight.

Your actually supposed to create a bridge/arena to fight him in beforehand like most of the games bosses, but to a much greater extent, which simplifies the fight greatly, this process takes atleast a solid hour, but trying to just wing it is a serious pain with the gear your supposed to have at that point unless you utilize a very specific strategy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0LWWyg4bzM&feature=related

This guy. You can use assorted flight items/potions to evade him too, or just really jumpy/travel related equipment, regardless you just have to be able to stay on the move, above lava, and not crash into walls xD.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Nowadays I don't get frustrated with bosses really but as a kid I used to get absolutely infuriated with them. One boss in particular was the Demon Wall from FF4. When I was a kid, I got there and then spent the next 6 months there. I can recall many broken controllers and tempter tantrums. Not exactly a difficult boss but as a little kid who hardly knew what he was doing, quite infuriating.
-EDIT-
The post above mine just jogged my memory. Seth from SF4:AE infuriates me. So I lied.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
I really hated the bosses for DA 2. They were complete BS. You could tell the exact formula they had. About every third of life taken away they did their "special" attack. It just got annoying it wasn't hard so much as "damn it quite jumping to where I can't hit you and sending your stupid minions after me." The hardest part in my play through was making sure I had horded enough health potions for the pointless "you've attacked the boss too much so lets let them rest while you have fun with their friends" fight where it seemed like they knew they made the bosses too easy to just added spots where they could wail on your health and you couldn't do anything but suck up health potions. Plus a lot of the bosses seemed to have pointless powers or powers that made no sense for their character.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
The final ship from Space Invaders. That guy moved so fast he was almost impossible to hit. :)
In all seriousness I would have to go with Gigan from the NES Godzilla game. That guy could drain your health easily in seconds.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
ItsAChiaotzu said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Ah, I really love that boss battle, but seriously, they were nothing on Gwyn.

That fight literally took me around 80 tries to do, and even then I only did it by cheesing him with Iron Flesh.
I found that summing Solaire (Granted you saved him back in Lost Izalith) for the fight helped a lot. He hardly does any damage, but he's an extremely good distraction so that you can get a few free hits on Gwyn every so often.

I couldn't beat him otherwise.