The most disappointing thing you learned as a kid?

razerdoh

Nov 10, 2009
Vangaurd227 said:
When i heard you needed a license to drive a car....i cried for ages when i heard that....
you dont need a license to drive a car... i dont have a license and i drive perfectly fine...:p

anywhooo OT: When i learned that santa wasent real...

Wondermint13

Oct 2, 2010
Vangaurd227 said:
When i heard you needed a license to drive a car....i cried for ages when i heard that....
-That-
I understand you...

Another dissapointment of mine was when I found out that you cant get to hell through your fire place... Mhm.
The amount of times I used to sit and stare at my Granparents fireplace waiting for a peek at a big firey throne room or something...

I was a messed up kid.

randomuser642596

May 21, 2011
I found out my mother and father are racists when I was about 10; my dad is also sexist. They might not be extremely racist, but the fact that they utter slurs and the like makes me furious. I was always taught in school to respect others, and so I have for many years now. So, at least I owe one thing to the public school system.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
When the school-nurse told me that I was never going to be tall.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Wondermint13 said:
Another dissapointment of mine was when I found out that you cant get to hell through your fire place... Mhm.
Well, religious people might argue that you actually CAN.

You just might have to wait a bit within the lit up fireplace though....

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
ChupathingyX said:
when I learned that Kenan and Kel got canceled on Nickelodeon.
The greatest show I watched as a child. I still watch clips on youtube and laugh my ass off every time.

Froken Keke

May 21, 2011
Colliding with other cars is dangerous. Up until I was four, or five, I thought there was no risk at all in doing that stuff. I was fairly annoyed whenever I asked my dad to drive into other cars, and he didn't do it.

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
Belated said:
"Tax" means that you have to pay more money than what's listed on the price tag.
I've always thought that rule was really retarded... I remember the first time I went to America as a kid, my dad got in an argument with a member of the shop staff because they charged us more than was on the price tag. Here in the UK, tax is included in the stated price. Why do you guys not do that? It's not as if people are going to be bothered calculating what they have to add on! It's basically hiding he real price.

Back to the original question though: my biggest disappointment was to find out that the men in my family (my dad, grandad etc.) are not the superheroes I used to think they were. It used to be that they could fix any problem for me, but then I came to realise they were deeply flawed and most suffered from clinical depression. An ailment they passed on to me. Boo.

(Not depressed any more mind, just want to make that clear!)

May 29, 2011
When I realized the concept of god as an loving being doesn't make any sense when you think about it and look around you. I was about 6 I think.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
what? back in medievil times knights didnt wear full armour? they just wore bucket helmets and chain mail and tunics?...and WOODEN sheilds? whats up with that shit?

gdv358

Nov 11, 2009
I was disappointed to learn that creativity, ingenuity and hard work usually don't amount to as much as good connections and being born into money

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
When I realized that my dad cared more about sports than he did about me and my siblings. Really, he can hardly remember when my birthday is but he probably knows more about the Ohio State Buckeyes than he knows about himself. Once when I was younger I got tired of him taking the tv away from me just so he could watch the highlights of a game he just finished watching so I blocked all the sports channels. I had never seen him so angry, there's nothing wrong with liking sports but he takes it way to far.

Edit: Also, when I learned that placing a fan facing a heater would not cause a tornado. Oh how disappointed I was that day.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Anit-climaxes.

In primary school we had this librarian who each week would teach us literary trends/tropes etc by enacting them. I honestly can't remember any of the other things except this day. He told everyone we'd learn about anti-climaxes and that there would be MacDonalds for everyone. For an hour he strung everyone along, even sending me to the office to check that it was coming (they were playing). Then five minutes before lunchtime he came in grave faced and told us that the MacDonalds wasn't coming and that was an...anti-climax. I think half the kids broke into tears.

Heartcafe

Feb 28, 2011
Kagobin said:
When I learned that no one gives two shit about me or any of my accomplishments.
^this.

I remember when I was four and I finger painted on my bedroom wall and thought I was fucking Leonardo Da Vinci.

Then my mother walked in -_-

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
When I was told I was never going to get to play in the NBA. Hasnt stopped me trying. I make my money hustlin' the locals at 3 v 3 :)

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
When my dad told me he was going to divorce my mom after me and my brother were done with college.

May 29, 2011
WolfThomas said:
Anit-climaxes.

In primary school we had this librarian who each week would teach us literary trends/tropes etc by enacting them. I honestly can't remember any of the other things except this day. He told everyone we'd learn about anti-climaxes and that there would be MacDonalds for everyone. For an hour he strung everyone along, even sending me to the office to check that it was coming (they were playing). Then five minutes before lunchtime he came in grave faced and told us that the MacDonalds wasn't coming and that was an...anti-climax. I think half the kids broke into tears.
...He/she sounds like an asshole.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Use_Imagination_here said:
WolfThomas said:
Anit-climaxes.

...He/she sounds like an asshole.
He was actually a good teacher, but he was kind of too enthusiastic, some of the stuff he taught us was pretty cool, but it's all blended together in my memory. I think he just didn't think the stunt through properly.