The most extreme thing you've ever done

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I once conquered, butchered and enslaved an entire nation once.

Afterwards, I cut some onions and made others cry.

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
I once absailed out my bedroom using a TV reception cable, had a partner move in with me and then claimed the child benefit (she was 16) her mother would have been getting as a "fuck you", and signed no to agreeing with my performance review at work.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Back in 2010 I had to break into my own house because I was too incompetent to remember bringing my keys with me!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Whenever I'm in public I say really weird but humourous things. My mom doesn't take me too many places anymore.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Auron225 said:
- Skydived (although it was a tandem, where Im strapped to another guy doing it... the training for that took 30 minutes and the dive was 90 seconds. If I wanted to do it myself, training wouldve been 7 hours and the dive wouldve been 3.5 seconds...)

- World's Highest Bungee =) Felt more like falling than a skydive did

- Rode an ostrich

- Ate pig's brain, scorpion and tarantula

- Held a panda =D (most expensive one...)
That is really cool. I didn't know people could ride ostriches.

Modusoperandi0

Nov 19, 2009
I once replaced regular mustard with spicy mustard on a sandwich.*

* And also I killed a hobo just to see if I could get away with it.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I went outside once. Shit was hardcore.

More seriously...uh. I almost severely injured myself riding a quad bike/fourwheeler when I was 8 by turning around a tree too sharply and flipping it over. The seat groove was the part that landed right over my back though, so I ended up coming out of the ordeal with very minor scratches instead of broken bones or worse.

Hard-pressed to think of anything besides that.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Philol said:
You do know the first floor is above the ground the floor, so it was about a 25 foot drop onto concrete. Oh sorry that I didn't jump off a sky scraper, I'll remember that for next time.
not trying to defend his douchey response to you but here in America we refer to the ground floor as the first floor too. i assume that is what he thought you meant.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
CCountZero said:
FalloutJack said:
train tracks
nobody's watching anyway
Bullet train
kneel between the two sets of tracks
Highly invigorating for ME
never got so much as a stern talking to for the whole ordeal.
I certainly hope you have some sense of why one shouldn't be doing things like that, though.

Can't imagine how the bullet train operator must have felt.
I have made no attempt to repeat the process or anything similar. The desire for impulsive acts is there, but not overwhelming of common sense, per se. What I have taken from this is a funny story and unforgettable moment in time, also less to fear in life...though never unwary. Nevertheless, bragging rights.

Aug 12, 2009
Kendarik said:
Jadak said:
Kendarik said:
Most extreme thing I ever did. Well, that would have to be auctioning off my virginity in high school.
Why would you say that and not comment on the outcome? Come on now, we're waiting.
lol, the outcome was I got a good price and lost my virginity, although not as it turned out to a student but to one of their fathers. I have to say its the only time I've been a gift.
I'm pretty sure that's prostitution...

The most extreme thing is nearly drown in a river because I'm stupid as rocks and thought I could swim in a river like I could in a swimming pool.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
There was a girl who started at my school once. She was American and stood out like a sore thumb, and she was also an incredibly loud personality.

For years I had been doing a lot for the school outside of the curricular activities. It's what I liked to do... I wasn't very academic, but I was clever enough and likable enough that I got by. I was into music and the arts, so I helped out at a lot of the school performances, as well as performing in them. Not only that but a friend and I became the only students in the school who could use, and were trusted to use the lighting and sound equipment, and we spent a lot of time around productions sorting out the sound level, re organising the lights and connecting them to the resistor box, and then coming up with an order to the lights, using different colours for different effects! It was all self taught, but the teachers thought it was great and we were invited to do a lot of different events, including things that wern't part of the school, but were just held in our hall... We loved it!
Also, because of this, and because of who we were we got involved in the charity side of school as well, and did a lot of fundraising on all the charity days, including a lot of organising for these events. We even organised a few of our own from scratch for charitys we beleived in! We really did enjoy the life of the school, and put massive ammounts of time and effort into these types of events!

The Yank (I won't drop names, but that is what I will call her) joined us in the 5th/7th year of school. She liked to be in the limelight, and instantly started to turn up and show her face at all the charity and performance stuff. Because of her accent and her persistancy she was noticed by everyone. It didn't bother me and my mate at all, we didn't really like the limelight so much, and even though we often hosted events, or acted as the compere we prefered to do all the technical background work, it was more involved, and we enjoyed it more.

The problem came when it came to the annual awards. Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't do any of it to be recognised, I did it because I enjoyed it, and still do... But the awards night came, and I was called to the head of years office! I had had an invitation to the night too! The first time in 6 years! (This was now the 6th year of secondary school.) 16 year old me was really excited, I thought I was going to get an award! I knew it wouldn't be an academic award, so I thought it must be for one of the other 'life of the school' awards! This thought was shattered as I sat in front of the year head, and he said I had been invited to play the piano on one of the intervals! Not to get an award, but to attend my fist awards evening watching my friends collecting awards, while I provided interlude music while they stood around gloating...

The awards evening was coming to a close, and I was sitting to the side on the piano stool, bit bored, and mightily miffed (playing piano was something I did at a lot of school events, but usually at least it was part of the event, not to create false atmoshphere to make the school seem more fancy!) and they announced an annual award that was given to a student who didn't know they were going to get it before the event! There were 2, the top academic student, and one for the biggest services to the life of the school. My ears picked up.. My childish hope set in, ans suddenly my head swam with theories that I had been invited for a reason after all... The life of the school award was given to the student who the school had felt had given the most time and effort to school events and been totally reliable. The moment came and they said the name... It was the Yank...!! She was at the event, because she had already received an award for her services to the arts department in the 1.5 years whe had been there...

I was devistated! I had honestly put hours, weeks, years more time into that school, getting involved with EVERY event they put on, turning up without fail, using my technical expertise to set up the equipment before hand! Hell, I would even sometimes set up the stage and build the stage extension by hand, with just me and my mate before productions, because no other vollenteers turned up! I was also devistated, because after all that effort, and then being the only student at the awards evening who was invited that didn't receive an award, I then had to sit and watch someone else collect an award that I was more elligable for! Talk about kicking a man when he's down...!

So how does this tie with the extreme action? Well... I had never been the jellous type, or had ever actively seeked revenge for anything in my life! But I now hated this Yank... She had crossed me, and I was cut deep! I didn't change, I carried on putting my all into the school in every way I could! My mate (who had received an academic award, and wasn't bothered as I often did events without him, he also had thought at the awards evening that the award was for me) carried on doing stuff too, but he also became a paid lunch moniter, and was unavailiable a lot more at events...

Then later that year she started to attract attention in all the wrong ways. Due to the ever expanding upper years of the school (6th form for all you brits) there was an increase in students driving to school. THis meant that there was often no space in the car parks, and a bad conjestion problem everyday! There were also some teachers, who upon arriving at school to work, couldn't park! It became a big problem, so the school turned around and said that students who were driving had to now park at the local football club, tht had a large, only used on weekends and evenings, carpark, that was safe, but was 3/4 of a mile from the school! 'Not a problem' though most of the guys who drove and wuld park there instead. Unfortunately, there were some who opposed this new arangement, and were trying to rebel against it. Leading this revolt was The Yank. She was using her status in the school to rally a petition against this rule, and it was causing a lot of friction between the teachers and older students. (She couldn't even legally frive in the UK, she kept failing her driving test... For you UK guys, she's the only person I have ever seen get 7 Majors!) She then went to the local paper, and got the story on the front page in there! (Must have been a slow week) But imagine. Front Page. Picture of some discruntled kids and a headline and report stating that the teachers were discriminating against the pupils! Terrible press for our school, that was only ever in the paper for good reasons before! This angered me to no tomorrow! How dare she! How dare this Yank come over here and after only being here a year, trying to ruin our schools good rep? Well, that was the straw that broke the camels back!

I devised my plan, and then stuck. I compiled a letter to be read out by all the tutors (I knew the school system so well that I knew teachers would just read anything without checking as long as it looked proper.) The letter was anonymous, but ripped into the Yank, accusing her of all the wrongs she had performed, but from my point of view. The letter described how the Yank was tearing the life from the school, and creating dangerous cracks and fissures that could destroy the school from inside out... (but more proffessionally written than that, and less story-style dramatical!) I then printed copy after copy, with my own petition sheet attached. The petition I had used though was one to repatriate the Yank, and to rid the once proud school of her vermin like presence! (Aah, the irony! She used a petition to get herself into the limelight, and now one was out to destroy her... :p) I then placed one into the register of every tutor group in the school. This was the system that was used to get the registers to and from the admin office twice a day. The folders that the registers came in were also used to distribute posters for events, and to get notices out. Kids could be called to offices, or invitations and reminders could be easily sent to a child. I used the cover that I was distributing posters for the forthcoming charity concert so that none of the admin clerks suspected anything. It was perfect... the deed was done... she would be destroyed!

The prank worked better than expected. It looked so professional that most of the teachers were confused about its validity, and 90% of them read it to the tutor groups. Most also put the petition up on notice boards! It was brilliant! No effort from me, and no chance of being caught. It turned out that a lot of the teachers had already turned against her anyway, and many were signing it themselves. People disowned the Yank, and noone wanted to be associated with the meddling immagrant! I loved the change! It was a scary, but exhillerating feeling that I could change so much by doing so little, and I revelled in it! Rumours went around about the origins of the petition, whether it came from a student or disgruntled teacher! Various people beleived that the head had started it himself!

The yank herself was distraught, she was constantly found alone, in tears. Most of her old 'friends' didn't want to know, and she was a shadow of her former self. Essentially I had won... I had my revenge on the way she walked in and tried to change my school, and change things. The way she took recognition of my acomplishments, and had repeatedly rubbed in my face (although never directly) that she had received the award that I rightly deserved...

Well... Eventually I was found out. I was called into the Headmaster's office, where my head of year also was. They explained that whilst admirable, and while they agreed with me that she was a pain in the arse, that my actions were unjust, and could have worse effects on her as a person than I had originally desired. They asked me to publically apologise, which I did in the form of a letter distributed once again through the register system. Other than that there was no negative fallout for me, and I got away essentially scott free!

Ironically aswell, a year later, halfway though the last year, The Yanks Dad's visa ran out and they were sent back to the US anyway. Nobody was sad to see her go! Not only that, but I was invited back to an awards evening at the school the year after I had left, where I was given a stand-alone award for my contributions to the school, which was awarded to be by the Headmaster himself... So I guess no hard feelings themselves!

I will add however, that this whole thing was against my personality, I have never gone anything to hurt anyone directly, and this was the first and only time! I learned a lot about myself from this, and have since used the raw power that had bubbled inside me to my advantage! Also, when seeing her hurt, I found that I never actually got any satisfaction. The only satisfaction I ever got was that the school returned to the way it was. Seeing the Yank hurt and alone actually upset me that I could have done that to someone, and so easily, and the event itself, although extreme, has since turned into my lived biggest regret!

So, there you go. For those who stuck with it and didn't 'TL:DR' (I don't think that is the right context for that term, but you know what I mean) then you have read my lives biggest regret, and also how easy it was at a young age to change the mass opinions of those around you! At the time I remember feeling like one of the kids from Lord of the Flies, with so much power, (even though anonymous) or like V from V for Vendetta, unleashing regieme change from the inside. Whatever, just know that from this I am actually very sorry.

Years later I looked her up on Facebook, and have since apologised again, she had put it behind her, it didn't effect her back at home in the US so she forgave me. If I am ever in her neck of the woods I will make an effort to go and see her... To tick off the event for Karma's sake, My Name is Earl style!

Dopi

Dec 1, 2009
I didn't do it on purpose, but I managed to "cook" rice without water when I was like.. 8 or 9 years old.
Rice in pot.
Stove on max.
Que fire alarm.

Grounded for two weeks \o/

Stravant

May 14, 2011
Arontala said:
This one time, I went outside.

It was a terrifying experience.
I only braved the outdoors once during this Christmas Holiday, so that I could stock up on more junk food.

SneeringCanuck

Nov 17, 2011
Went out on halloween with friends, while tripping balls on 4 different drugs.

Lost count of how many raccoons I've shot in my backyard.

Subbies

Dec 11, 2010
Walking the "hunderter" (100km march) in freezing winter. My feet hurt afterwards...

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
I bought a one-way plane ticket to Kodiak, Alaska and wandered the docks looking for a position as a deckhand on a commercial fishing boat. I had enough money in my checking account for about four nights in a motel and no money to get back.

After two days, I got a job on a boat out of a Larsen Bay, AK where their old deckhand had been hurt and hospitalized. Luckily, the captain paid for my flight across the island to where they were docked.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
When I ski I generally don't turn very much and try to go as fast as humanly possible.
I guess that's pretty extreme...