The most obscure game you own.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Was gonna say "God Hand," but it has it's own memetic fan comic.

Was gonna say "Spelunky," but it has its own modding community.

Was worried that I didn't have the indie cred I thought I had, but then I looked on my desktop, and saw the shortcut to Porrasturvat, next to Bailey Jay's pretty face.

And suddenly I was alright again. :)

Jailbird408

Jan 19, 2011
Did you know there was a sequel to Lumines? Did you know there was a sequel to Loco Roco? Both were much better than their predecessors. And I should know.

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Homeworld. Game from 1999 that freakin rocked my world and should've rocked everyone's world who loves RTS's, but no one ever seems to remember it....

Chaos1228

Sep 28, 2011
Im too lazy to read every reply here so i have no idea if anybody's mentioned this. But i have a game for the 360 called Legendary. Im not sure how obscure it is, but when you google a review for it, you have to mention the developer,Spark, otherwise the legendary starfy is the only thing that will come up.

theguitarhero6

Nov 21, 2009
I don't usually stray too far from mainstream games, but I do own Lost Odyssey, so ya that's about as "obscure" as I've got. Fun, though the third disc doesn't work so I'll probably never get to the friggin' end :/

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
On the N64 I've got Space Station Silicon Valley
WIN!!

OT: I have a Rune disc somewhere. I lost track of it a few years ago. Man what an awesome game. I guess the most obscure games that I play regularly would be Disciples and Disciples 2. Thank God for Gog.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Shadow of Rome is the only game I can think of.

It's a fun game that uses the setting of Rome along with gladiator battles, stealth missions and the murder of Julius Caser as its main plot point. Although none of my friends have heard of it, although it's one of my all time favourite games.

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
does Wild Snakes for Super Nintendo count? cause I've never heard anyone mention it on the net ever.

It's basically like Tetris but with snakes.

I-Protest-I

Nov 7, 2009
Can't remember the name but it was for the playstation, first game I'd ever bought too. Had cars going straight forward shooting turret placements and other cars, really shitty graphically and even game play wise. Saying that, I was about 10 so I loved it.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds for PS1. It's actually a fun game and was a fiver when i got it years ago (before PS2 was out).

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
Mr Thin said:
Probably Yahtzee's games. It's a tragedy that so few people (at least, so few on this website, which is where he made a name for himself) know about them. I don't know which is more obscure, Art of Theft or the Chzo Mythos series, but I have both.

Other than that, most of my games are pretty mainstream.

Oh, and I got them because he's a great writer and a funny bastard and they seemed interesting. Glad I did, they're awesome.
You are now my hero.

The entire Yahtzee series of games have been fabulous... at least for me, and it's nice to see someone else who enjoys them.

Yahtzee's got a gift for the subtle that not many people have, or hold on to, these days.

super_mumbles

Sep 24, 2008
Another World on the Mega Drive (probably familiar to retro enthusiasts)

The four original .hack games for PS2. After I bought them I've hardly seen them anywhere plus I seem to be the only person I know who's played them.