The most obscure game you own.

thatguy1

Mar 1, 2010
Railworks Train Simulator.....Fucking love driving trains.

Actually, add-ons show up on steam's front page nearly every day so it may be known for that.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
deserteagleeye said:
Tell me the name of the most unrecognized game(s) you own and why you got it.
Mine would be "Shadow of Destiny" for the PS2. I walked by it at a bookstore and saw that it sold for only 2 dollars. The premise of a man going back in time trying to stop himself from being killed seemed interesting enough for the price. It was okay for it's time, mostly for the fact that it resolved problems through ways that wasn't just "Punch the thing" and "Shoot the thing". It was different so I would say it was worth the money. So how about you guys?
I'm yet to see anyone on this website say they've played or even heard of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds" for PS2 (best one I can think of at the top of my head right now). It was so bloody frustrating, mind you. It had an autosave feature BUT it ONLY saved at the start of every new chapter! I got so bored with it so quickly because of that.

obscuredlimits said:
Either Obscure 2: The Aftermath or Enchanted Arms. I literally had never heard of Obscure, just saw it in GameStop and decided I wanted it. Ok game. Can be played in six hours easy.
I see what you did there! ;P

x

xWestie

Apr 13, 2010
Probably Portal Runner.

My friend had it when I was waaaayy younger, and I thought it was quite fun. Otherwise, I've never seen it anywhere. Other than Ebay.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Ones others have mentioned that I own (not a complete list, just ones I noticed from my own list while perusing the thread):

Enchanted Arms
The Suffering
No More Heroes
The Suffering 2: Ties that Bind
Gargoyle's Quest
Deja Vu
Demon's Crest
Ergheiz
Nightshade
Clock Tower
7th Saga
Earthbound
Blood
Suikoden (whole damn series)
Azure Dreams (one of the better stabs at a console roguelike + town sim of it's generation)
Dark Cloud 1 and 2 (the following generations even better stab at the same thing)
Steambot Chronicles
Bushido Blade (this is easily the best fighter ever, if only because it was utterly reaistic in how melee combat works, which means short brutal fights wherein your first mistake is probably your last.)

...yes, I do have a taste for obscure RPG and survival horror games, thank you very much.

Going to toss my own handful on the pile:

Shadowgate (adventure game using the same engine as DejaVu)
The Uninvited (ditto)
If the difficulty in tracking down any other than the first 2 is any indication, all 7 .hack games released in the US for PS2
Einhander (Squaresoft did a schmup)
Rule of Rose

...and the masterpiece to win the thread: Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom (NES).

EDIT: Forgot Rule of Rose.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
Mariari. noone else has even heard of it, and it's damn near impossible to find if you have heard of it.

shadowshian

Jan 27, 2008
hm i got two maybe Grim fandango (which isnt propably that obscure) and Shogun: Mobile armor division

Burn2Feel

Jan 20, 2010
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2, bought it for £20 new, have never seen another copy since. Same with the PS2 Ultimate Ninja series from 3 onwards, have all of them but just don't see them around... ever

Browbeat

Jul 21, 2009
shadowshian said:
hm i got two maybe Grim fandango (which isnt propably that obscure) and Shogun: Mobile armor division
Surely you mean Shogo: Mobile Army Division from Monolith, released in close proximity to Blood 2: The Chosen!

Many fond memories of twin pistols and bunny rabbits. The Bullgut is still an awesomely useless mech weapon.

Amizrael

Nov 12, 2009
Robot Alchemic Drive for the PS2.
Remote controlled giant robots.
Nothing more can be said.

Hoboape

Nov 15, 2010
Lunar Knights for the DS
I know of 1 other person who has played it and that's because I lent it to him. Its a shame because its quite a fun game.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Demon's Crest for the SNES while not 'obscure' it is 'rare' because they released something like 50,000 copies in English. It was basically Castlevania meets Megman in terms of how it played. It was awesome.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Voza said:
Biosophilogical said:
Dark Cloud, but in Australia it is more 'rare' than 'obscure'. Turok: Evolution. War of the Monsters (similar to Dark Cloud, I'd imagine).
Loved Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2. I also own War of the Monsters which I also loved but I don't think it's a bit like Dark Cloud at all.
I meant in that it isn't widely owned, but especially on a gaming forum like this, it is probably well known.

Busdriver580

Dec 22, 2009
I have an old Strategy game called Metal Knight, i don't know if it's rare but it's certainly obscure, it doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.
I thought it was pretty fun