The Most Recent Thing You Bought

Dec 14, 2009
Playful Pony said:
Daystar Clarion said:
The idea of putting anything with 'water' in the name, anywhere near my PC, terrifies me D:
I know how you feel! The people selling me my machine made it sound so damn good, and for about half a year it was. My PC was perfectly quiet, so quiet that I frequently forgot to turn it off because I simply couldn't hear that it was running. Then it started getting noisier and noisier, until I went into the room one day and there was a huge puddle on the floor... I sent it to the repair people, but when it came back they had just disabled it and fitted an extra fan... I've been complaining to their support people, and it seems I have to send it in for another repair D=. Next PC I get (some day in the future) will NOT have watercooling...

FireAza said:
A shiny new guitar!
Woah, is that an authentic Les Paul? Pretty sweet! I have a 15-year-old Gibson SG myself, sadly I don't play as much as I did as a teenager in a band X3.
Well at the moment, I only have 2 case fans and the stock fan for the CPU.

Which was fine for when I bought the thing in December, but now summer is almost here, my temp readings are getting higher, so I'm getting a much better CPU fan an extra 4 case fans. All red LEDs, of course, so it runs faster.

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
All red LEDs, of course, so it runs faster.
Naturally, as common knowledge dictates! Perhaps I should spraypaint my fans red and hope for the best...

FireAza

Aug 16, 2011
Playful Pony said:
FireAza said:
A shiny new guitar!
Woah, is that an authentic Les Paul? Pretty sweet! I have a 15-year-old Gibson SG myself, sadly I don't play as much as I did as a teenager in a band X3.
It is! It's made by Epiphone, not Gibson though. But they're owned by Gibson, and their guitars are made the same way (just in different countries) so it kinda counts (and costs a good $1000 less!). It's a Les Paul Standard Pro Plus in case you were wondering, and it's BEAUTIFUL :D

Wolfeyes555

Jan 30, 2012
Nothing special really, just a new charger for my phone since my old one broke.

Though I am looking at a new set of DnD dice so there's that.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
If digital "things" count, that would be the current Humble Weekly bundle. I loves me some serious sam, and while I got most of the series in a different bundle from a different group a while back, 2 wasn't available digitally at the time, and 3 hadn't been released yet. Less than $4 for those two games was too good to pass up.

If physical and not food or beer, as someone mentioned above: I'm not entirely sure, but probably a DVD. I've picked up a couple of nice boxed sets in the last month or two. The four disc Blade Runner set and the five disc Jurassic Park set, as well as a neat edition of the original Total Recall that comes in a tin shaped like the planet mars. In fact, since the packaging for that one is pretty unique, have a picture of the edition (though not my copy of it)

While I'm at it, have this picture I've got lying around that has the two boxed sets I mentioned, plus a Star Wars set, plus various other editions I own of the same movies. It was snapped for a Facebook post about how maybe I like those movies a bit /too/ much :p

Aug 19, 2010
<--- the hat. LOOK AT IT. bask in it's glory. Bow before it's majestic glow of perfection. Ascend to happiness by acknowledging the fact that you exist in the same reality as that.

Jodan

Mar 18, 2009
i bought an unabriged version of les miserables. ive read it but it was soo good i needed my own copy

JoeCool385

May 10, 2010
This morning, I bought surgery for my cat. She has a tumor in front of her left ear that needs to be removed.

It's not cancerous or malignant or anything... just big.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Haven't bought it yet as I can't find one, but I plan to get one of these:

There are cheap knockoffs that put several games in one unit sold at Dollar General and similar discount stores. It's stupid, but I just want one.

MasterMasamune

May 3, 2012
Game Dev Story for my iPhone. It's a pretty good game, go play it.

As for physical items, some shirts: Queen, Green Day, Minecraft, Harry Potter, and Power Rangers. Also, Skyrim, but technically my brother bought that for me, so it doesn't really count.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Got me a copy of

Now I just need to buy some flash cards or dig out the ones I haven't needed to touch since high school...

EboMan7x

Jul 20, 2009
I paid for half of a meal from Five Guys Burgers and Fries (best restaurant ever), but that's sort of boring, so before that I bought Season 1 of the new Doctor Who.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
They look like this, but with different patterns on each one. I like 'em a lot, but I'm pretty sure I have too many. If I ever have seven people trapped in my house and they all want hot drinks in a different pot-belly mug - I've got it covered.

THeFraz

Oct 31, 2011
I bought myself some vinyl. I got this one, Strawberry Jam by Animal Collective, in the mail recently:

[http://s279.photobucket.com/user/ehijk/media/IMG_0118.jpg.html]

Plus I've got 5 more records coming. They are:
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Panda Bear - Person Pitch
Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

Now I just need to setup the record player

KOMega

Aug 30, 2010
One of these:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10171274

And a copy of Armored Core V

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
A birthday card for a friend of mine.

Seeing as that one is kind of boring, I also managed to get Metro Last Light Limited Edition off of Ebay for £23.99 (approx $37.27) including postage and packaging, brand new and sealed. Considering the only shop who still has it costs £36.85 and the normal edition is still around £35.00, that's a pretty sweet deal for a game that came out only three weeks ago.