The Most Recent Thing You Bought

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
the games on the Serious Sam weekly humble bundle.
I have no clue if I will even atleast try all of those game but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
I was watching this video, these guys seemed to be having ridiculous amounts of fun and I kind of wanted that... so I spent like 3 weeks doing some research, talking to people who know their stuff, then I bought a.... longboard. And I never skateboarded in my life, despite enjoying watching people ride their boards.

So here I am now, with a 40" wood plank on wheels, and I'm having so much fun despite being terrible at it. Until I injury myself, it's great fun. I'm taking things very slowly though, for that very reason. Some scrapes and bruises, fine, I'm willing to accept that, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

The negative side to all this, though, is that apparently longboarding is a huge fad right now and I had no idea. I just watched this video on youtube completely by accident and fell in love with it. Worse than falling off the board, I have to deal with elitist assholes who seem to think I'm just another "bro" who bought a board to cruise around campus (it's been years since I graduated, actually), but I'm honestly practicing day after day to get better at it.

Assembling the board was incredibly fun too, getting to know the components a little bit and stuff.

I'll be honest though, sometimes I do wonder if this is a stupid idea and I think to myself "maybe I should sell it and just go back to video games, that is so much safer."

Here's a video of the model I went with, a Rayne Rival if anyone cares

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I bought Morrowind in the Steam daily sale a few days ago, adding it to my growing list of games I'm not playing yet but will definitely do so at some point maybe.

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
FireAza said:
It is! It's made by Epiphone, not Gibson though. But they're owned by Gibson, and their guitars are made the same way (just in different countries) so it kinda counts (and costs a good $1000 less!). It's a Les Paul Standard Pro Plus in case you were wondering, and it's BEAUTIFUL :D
Thats cool, I always wanted a Les Paul. They are the perfect blend of classically beautiful, and modern sleek. I'm sure it'll bring you many good times ^^.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
new MoBo and case. I won't give out the details lest the UPS guys be tracking me for nefarious purposes.

Silly Hats said:
Not including food....

Makes your guitar sound like an Organ. Rad.
*drool*

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
FireAza said:
Playful Pony said:
FireAza said:
A shiny new guitar!
Woah, is that an authentic Les Paul? Pretty sweet! I have a 15-year-old Gibson SG myself, sadly I don't play as much as I did as a teenager in a band X3.
It is! It's made by Epiphone, not Gibson though. But they're owned by Gibson, and their guitars are made the same way (just in different countries) so it kinda counts (and costs a good $1000 less!). It's a Les Paul Standard Pro Plus in case you were wondering, and it's BEAUTIFUL :D
Epiphone guitars can still be pretty quality. I've had an SG series for years.

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
JoeCool385 said:
This morning, I bought surgery for my cat. She has a tumor in front of her left ear that needs to be removed.

It's not cancerous or malignant or anything... just big.
Aw bless, hope your cat recovers quick. My cat had a cyst removed and he was fine after.

OT: I brought the humble bundle 8. Recently finished Thomas was Alone which was a really sweet little game.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
Last thing I bought? Some diatomaceous earth and a powder puffer so that I can kill the damn carpenter ants that have decided to invade my house. I am so phobic of ants. When one of them showed up on my pillow one morning, I had had enough.

Aug 1, 2010
I bought THIS beautiful baby!

[image/]http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd509/QuickDEMOL1SHER/Untitled-1.png[/IMG]

Went together like a charm. Thanks so much to all the people in the advice section who helped out. I also need to mention /g/ because I couldn't have done it without them.

I've been gaming on a laptop with a multimedia GPU for the last few years, so loading up World of Tanks at Maximum graphics and watching my tank explode at 60 frames per second was a positively orgasmic experience.

Dr. Doomsduck

Nov 24, 2011
Kolby Jack said:
A new iPod nano.

I had been using a first gen nano for YEARS. Finally the thing got to the point where it could only hold a charge for a little over an hour, so I tossed it and got a new one. It's pretty cool, and it can play movies and TV shows on its tiny, tiny screen. The earbuds that came with it have really good sound quality. The radio feature doesn't seem to work at all though, although I haven't really experimented with it beyond just turning it on and searching for a station. All in all, a very satisfying purchase.
Ahhh, I've been having my eye on one for quite a while now (I've got a 3rd gen right now). Is it difficult to get used to the lack of clickwheel?

Bestival

May 5, 2012
Can of Fanta Lemon. If food and such don't count, then a toothbrush... If stupid boring stuff don't count, then Minecraft.

Going to buy a big Marilyn Manson flag tomorrow though!

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
Able Seacat said:
OT: I brought the humble bundle 8. Recently finished Thomas was Alone which was a really sweet little game.
Ohw yeah, I adore that game! Bought it last winter and played it snuggled in a blanket while the snow piled up outside on a dark evening... It was an unusually cozy and warm experience =p.

Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
I've been gaming on a laptop with a multimedia GPU for the last few years, so loading up World of Tanks at Maximum graphics and watching my tank explode at 60 frames per second was a positively orgasmic experience.
Congratulations!

Have you considered Planetside 2 (if you like FPSs)? It's a reasonably pretty game, but if you have a good PC it is the battles during the night that really makes it stand out. It really is very beautiful seeing the AA tracers make stitches across the night sky. It is also Free-to-Play (with ALL weapons unlockable during play, it's a "pay for convenience" system), so with a powerful PC there shouldn't be anything stopping you from checking it out ^^.

Aug 1, 2010
Playful Pony said:
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
Congratulations!

Have you considered Planetside 2 (if you like FPSs)? It's a reasonably pretty game, but if you have a good PC it is the battles during the night that really makes it stand out. It really is very beautiful seeing the AA tracers make stitches across the night sky. It is also Free-to-Play (with ALL weapons unlockable during play, it's a "pay for convenience" system), so with a powerful PC there shouldn't be anything stopping you from checking it out ^^.
That's an awesome idea! Planetside 2 always looked pretty great with how amazingly big the battles are.

I'm also looking very forward to playing Battlefield 3 with a full 64 players instead of the very nerfed 24 on Xbox.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
A gallon of 2% milk and the first season collection of Game of Thrones. I don't watch TV and I wanted something to drink with a movie binge. =P

I've read all the books except the latest one (I'm trying to hold out for the paperback copy...it's not easy when I realize that I'm willing to drop $35-$40 for the DVD TV show collection) and watching people react to the "Red Wedding" episode--which I read a while back--I finally gave in and just bought the collection. [small]I'm trying to stay on a budget.[/small]

I hope it's worth it. I've only seen one--count it ONE--brief clip from the first season and nothing else.

Please don't suck!!! Pleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuck!!!

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
The latest bundle from Bundlestars.
Tropico Trilogy, Legendary, The First Templar, SpaceChem, Dino D-Day, Section 8, Dream Pinball 3D, Disciples III: Resurrection, Insecticide, Imperium Romanum: Gold Edition

Lots of fun. Totally worth $5 at least. :F

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Well, my DS Lite's bottom screen started to flicker and turn green, so I bought another one off Amazon for £33 (a DS, not a bottom screen), which I consider a pretty good deal.

Before that, I bought the Spongebob Squarepants Movie DVD for £3.23 on Amazon, because unlike the rest of the entire franchise, the movie is diamond-encrusted gold.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Dr. Doomsduck said:
Kolby Jack said:
A new iPod nano.

I had been using a first gen nano for YEARS. Finally the thing got to the point where it could only hold a charge for a little over an hour, so I tossed it and got a new one. It's pretty cool, and it can play movies and TV shows on its tiny, tiny screen. The earbuds that came with it have really good sound quality. The radio feature doesn't seem to work at all though, although I haven't really experimented with it beyond just turning it on and searching for a station. All in all, a very satisfying purchase.
Ahhh, I've been having my eye on one for quite a while now (I've got a 3rd gen right now). Is it difficult to get used to the lack of clickwheel?
Not really. The touch screen is pretty intuitive. The only issue I've had with it is there is no lock feature (as far as I know) so sometimes if it gets jostled around it'll do random stuff, but it's a minor issue.

Dr. Doomsduck

Nov 24, 2011
Kolby Jack said:
Not really. The touch screen is pretty intuitive. The only issue I've had with it is there is no lock feature (as far as I know) so sometimes if it gets jostled around it'll do random stuff, but it's a minor issue.
Ah cool, thanks for the info. The whole jostled thing sounds annoying, but Google tells me that a hold button at the top right edge of the nano can be used to lock the screen, except I don't know if that's the same thing?