The Most Recent Thing You Bought

The Event

Aug 16, 2012
A Lee Enfield No.4T sniper rifle.
Even though I bought it, the advert is still up.
http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Rifle/BSA-No-4-T-gun-for-sale-gs115827.aspx

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
I also picked up
And

Also, he's a shiny
During that same trip.
I'm in the process of building a green mono deck. Hoping it turns out good.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I bought myself a 100% UV cut sun parasol. i refuse to get tanned or burnt this summer!!!

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I bought 2 MTG booster packs yesterday. 1 Modern Masters, got a foil Myr Enforcer from that one. Also got a Dragon's Maze booster that I got a foil fuse card, Toil & Trouble in.
Also picked up a copy of Mists of Pandaria expansion so I can spen the next month between uni semesters checking out the new content before unsubscribing again.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
Mass Effect 3 from Origin. Yes, I have. Unbelievable, I know.

As for the last physical thing... well... uh...

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
"A Man Without a Country", by Kurt Vonnegut. Horribly overpriced (sorry Kurt) but it's as a gift. And I did get to read it first. So it worked well for me.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
One of these:

It's not very spectacular or particularly exciting, but if you ever find yourself in a similar situation to what I did today and need to make some 8mm holes in concrete fence posts, then this does the job brilliantly.

This bit alone cost almost 10 time more than my previous 8mm bit I was replacing (or almost half the price of a cheap set of 17 bits), but unlike the cheap bit I destroyed yesterday, the flukes didn't melt off in the hole I was drilling.

It's not a very exciting or remarkable tale, but it's an honest account of the most recent thing I bought.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Well, the most recent thing I bought was gas, but that would be a boring answer to make. I don't think you lovely people would care about that and my eating purchases.

I did, however, buy the latest Black Sabbath album when it came out.

[sub][sub]Yes I know it's Saturday, but I don't buy non-essential things all that often. >.>[/sub][/sub]

It is all of the awesome. :D

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
I bought a copy of Drive on DVD. I don't get to buy movies all that often, but it was for sale for $5 at the local video rental place, so it was a pretty good deal. Plus, besides the fact that the movie's awesome on its own, it holds a special place in my heart because it was the first movie I ever went to see with my boyfriend, so just couldn't pass it up.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I recently bought an iPod classic to replace my old iPod Nano, as I was getting fed up of charging it every night, and I had it for about 5-6 years, so I thought it was about time to get a new one. The biggest change has been going from 16GB to 160GB memory, its a novelty not having to switch out what music I have on my iPod at any one time. I also got a case for it so the back doesn't get scratched.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Playful Pony said:
Because I feel like doing a bit of it myself, everyone brag about the latest item you bought! I just added this adorable square chicken [http://www.stitchmind.com/store/products/toy_doll_cockblock.jpg] from Stitchmind [http://www.stitchmind.com/] to my collection of decorative and funny (to me anyway) items. It's the cockblock!

Your turn, show me your cool, cute and awesome new stuff!
Just got back from Anime Boston. Spent $1400 in manga's and action figures.

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010
I purchased a humorous Adolf Hitler European Tour 1939-1945 shirt for 18 euros on a recent trip. Almost bought some brass knuckles, too, but I didn't have the money for it. Maybe next time.

The shirt lists, in tour shirt style, the important dates from WW2 on the back. It's pretty cool.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
New pair of Adidas hi-tops. I love them so much, I've refused to wear them so far.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
The most recent thing I bought was Riot Points for League of Legends. With those I bought Foxfire Ahri skin and Swain. I love that Ahri skin so much!

so-it-goes

Jun 16, 2013
The last thing I bought was a bottle of Purdey's on Friday. It's delicious.

The last non-food/drink item I bought was Fyodor Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Wadders said:
I'm not 100% sure as it's been a while since I spent money on myself, other than food and beer.

Fairly sure it was this Fred Perry gingham shirt though. It's pretty nice.

Nice shirt i would wear that but you cant wear normal blue jeans with it? Is it ok with black jeans?

To paraphrase tropic thunder: you never go full denim (i know its not demin but same sort of colour)

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
shootthebandit said:
Wadders said:
I'm not 100% sure as it's been a while since I spent money on myself, other than food and beer.

Nice shirt i would wear that but you cant wear normal blue jeans with it? Is it ok with black jeans?

To paraphrase tropic thunder: you never go full denim (i know its not demin but same sort of colour)
Cheers, Fred Perry's probably my favorite brand.

Sure you can wear jeans with it, but they'd have to be dark I guess. I usually wear it with some slim Levi's like this kinda colour
I suppose black would be fine too, anything dark really.

Yeah double denim's a big error haha! I guess some people can pull it off though...

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Wadders said:
shootthebandit said:
Wadders said:

Cheers, Fred Perry's probably my favorite brand.

Sure you can wear jeans with it, but they'd have to be dark I guess. I usually wear it with some slim Levi's like this kinda colour
I suppose black would be fine too, anything dark really.

Yeah double denim's a big error haha! I guess some people can pull it off though...
I have a pair of levis almost exactly the same i tend to either wear them or slim (not skinny) black jeans. I like fred perry and ben sherman