The Most Recent Thing You Bought

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I bought a new pocket knife as a gift for a friend of mine.

It's a Ken Onion CRKT Swindle.

It hasn't arrived yet, but at least it looks pretty sweet.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.

Saw HCBailly LP'ing the game, he mentioned it could be downloaded via the PSN, so I did. Loving it so far, a bit confusing on some aspects, but probably nothing I won't learn how to do in time. (And with the internet)

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Finished paying off my DPMS Oracle and bought a quadrail for it on Amazon won't see it or my iron sights till Monday though.

sir neillios

Dec 15, 2012
Technically the last thing I bought was The Walking Dead on humble bundle.

But what I am far more proud of is a Corsair CX 600m psu, and an Asus HD 6850 1gb graphics card, replacing the HD 6670 and dell piece of shit power supply in my pc.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
The boring answer is groceries from the store. The significantly less-boring answer is a pair of Transformers. Specifically, Generations Springer and Blitzwing:

Freaking awesome pair of dudes.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
scorptatious said:

Saw HCBailly LP'ing the game, he mentioned it could be downloaded via the PSN, so I did. Loving it so far, a bit confusing on some aspects, but probably nothing I won't learn how to do in time. (And with the internet)
Keep going with it; It's a great game. Although the gameplay is kinda slower-paced compared to the more recent titles, it's my favorite Disgaea right next to the third one. I can't wait for the direct sequel of Disgaea 1 to come out later this year.

EDIT: Also, what are the confusing parts for you? I think I can help you out if you have any questions.

OT: I bought the Mass Effect Trilogy a few weeks ago.

Good shit it is. I've never beaten the first one, and haven't even played the third one. I gotta say, this was a lovely package for $40.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Bunch of comic books. Some Blue Beetle (2006 series with Jaime Reyes), some Batman and some Superman as a father's day gift for my dad.

FireAza

Aug 16, 2011
Playful Pony said:
FireAza said:
It is! It's made by Epiphone, not Gibson though. But they're owned by Gibson, and their guitars are made the same way (just in different countries) so it kinda counts (and costs a good $1000 less!). It's a Les Paul Standard Pro Plus in case you were wondering, and it's BEAUTIFUL :D
Thats cool, I always wanted a Les Paul. They are the perfect blend of classically beautiful, and modern sleek. I'm sure it'll bring you many good times ^^.
It is! Love the finish too, just so beautiful! If you want a Les Paul, I'd recommend an Epiphone, they're really well-made.

Zachary Amaranth said:
FireAza said:
Playful Pony said:
FireAza said:
A shiny new guitar!
Woah, is that an authentic Les Paul? Pretty sweet! I have a 15-year-old Gibson SG myself, sadly I don't play as much as I did as a teenager in a band X3.
It is! It's made by Epiphone, not Gibson though. But they're owned by Gibson, and their guitars are made the same way (just in different countries) so it kinda counts (and costs a good $1000 less!). It's a Les Paul Standard Pro Plus in case you were wondering, and it's BEAUTIFUL :D
Epiphone guitars can still be pretty quality. I've had an SG series for years.
I've been impressed with it so far! Feels really solid and well-built (weighs a good 6KG!)

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
neonsword13-ops said:
scorptatious said:

Keep going with it; It's a great game. Although the gameplay is kinda slower-paced compared to the more recent titles, it's my favorite Disgaea right next to the third one. I can't wait for the direct sequel of Disgaea 1 to come out later this year.
Wow really? Awesome. Looks like I'm about to get wrapped up in another game series. :p

So, I'm guessing Disgaea 2 and beyond don't have much to do with 1 then? Note, I haven't actually beaten 1 yet, so no spoilers please.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
scorptatious said:
neonsword13-ops said:
scorptatious said:

Wow really? Awesome. Looks like I'm about to get wrapped up in another game series. :p

So, I'm guessing Disgaea 2 and beyond don't have much to do with 1 then? Note, I haven't actually beaten 1 yet, so no spoilers please.
Yup yup. All games have their own story and characters. Except for 2. Two is probably to most connected to 1 in terms of characters. The rest of the games have Laharl, Etna, and Flonne appear as post-game unlockable characters.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Why this lovely Sony Vaio E series that I'm typing on right now.

My total Sony fanboy conversion is complete.

EDIT: Oh sorry i tell a lie. A carton of beer; Reschs pilsner to be exact.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I bought The Land Before Time on DVD. Then had myself a good cry while watching it.

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
JFuss said:
Ordered this from ThinkGeek within 10 minutes of it being available

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f497/
Argh! I wanted to buy one but I work at night and the email went out about 47 minutes after I had went to sleep for the day. I hope I can get in on the next wave.

For me it was a tank of gas yesterday and a couple Warhammer 40k books, Baneblade and Deliverance Lost from the Horus Heresy series.

ShipofFools

Apr 21, 2013
Groceries. Tobacco. Rent. A new tire for my bicycle.

I don't... I don't buy things very often.

Let's see now, the last time I bought something that I didn't need...
Well, I didn't exactly buy anything, but I traded something that I grow in my shed for an Imperial Guard Basilisk. Now I have 5 Basilisks.

Casual Shinji said:
I bought The Land Before Time on DVD. Then had myself a good cry while watching it.
Good. Good purchase. That film is special, don't you agree?

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
JFuss said:
Ordered this from ThinkGeek within 10 minutes of it being available

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f497/
That's so cool... Thinkgeek is just one of those websites that hates my wallet and wants it empty X3.

Dirge Eterna said:
For me it was a tank of gas yesterday and a couple Warhammer 40k books, Baneblade and Deliverance Lost from the Horus Heresy series.
Are they any good? I have a copy of nearly every Warhammer 40k and a lot of Fantasy books I got for free trough work, but I haven't read a single one of them X3. I have only a small interest in the game and universe =p. My roomie reads them a lot, so do a few of my Warhammer-loving friends. There is a whole box of them in my PC room, I don't even have shelfspace for them all D=.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Eclipse Dragon said:
A Cuban sandwich

that looks REALLY REALLY freaking good...

---

The last physical thing I purchased was a $35 e-shop card (for the Wii U). After that it was Metroid because it's still 30 cents. I'm a bit disappointed I missed out on the Mega Man X/ Ghouls n' Ghosts sale...I'll wait for the next sale. Also curious to see if the Wii U version of Mighty Switch-Force will get discounted since the sequel was recently announced.