The most useless weapon in a game?

NapalmBob

May 27, 2009
The Klobb was rather useless in Goldeneye, but was awesome in Perfect Dark.

Timed mines in multiplayer were useless. You already had Remote Mines and (the far more evil) Proxy Mines, both of which are far more useful, and annoying :D

That and trying to kill someone with the Watch Laser...

WriterX

Mar 21, 2008
I don't know... I found the Mini Nuke "Cannons" from Fallout 3 to be usualy cost inefficient. I mean, you can use them under the condition of: 1) Being outside, 2) There being either many small enemies or one realy tough enemy, 3) Having a reason to waste a Mini Nuke on something like that.

A lot of people, I am sure, think they are "Destructive" and "Cool" weapons. I say "Meh".

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Everblack said:
The half life 2 pistol.

It takes a whole clip to bring down one combine.

And that's with headshots!
You must be doing something wrong, I can knock them down in like 3 shots, without headshots. No cheats, no mods, just pure original game.

OT:
Uhh.. Umm, I'm not to sure, maybe the baseball bat from GTA SA, plenty of other better weapons, I can never find them, and they aren't that good at putting the people down, Personally I love the knife for stealth kills.

Hikikomori Ookami

Jun 26, 2009
Akai Shizuku said:
Spore pods in HL2 in later levels.

Also, the pistol in the second and third Halo games.
Considering the backstory for the first pistol, it wasn't really overpowered, just over-ranged. I use to use that instead of a sniper rifle because it fired faster.In Halo 2 the pistol was a bit weaker but it was still useable against smaller enemies and the flood, especially while dual weilding. But by Hal0 3 that thing was just a paper weight.

OT: For me it was the bows in Morrowind. Granted I didn't use them often in favor of melee weapons, I would go to trainers and level up that skill and use the best bow I could find. Usually still took three or four shots to kill creatures that I could kill with a steel short sword in two hits five minutes after the game started.

Dory16

Jun 10, 2009
How can you say that!? Sure it's weak and kinda pathetic, but that's what makes it fun! If an enemy is so close to the edge that you can poke him into the water, that's like adding insult to injury. Ok, there aren't many times when it can be used, but if you can use it in multiplayer against someone sat next to, being able to turn to them and go "I POKED you to death!" is Very satisfying.

For most useless weapon ever, I'd nominate the Itching Powder from Canis Canem Edit (aka Bully). I can go through the whole game, and never find a good use for it.

tuna69

Aug 5, 2009
Koobatashin said:
Magikarp from Pokemon.... and I dare you to say I am wrong
you're WRONG mwahahahaha.

whet about the m21 on cod 4, high reciol, no damage. just... terrible.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
There's an MMORPG called Trickster that lets you use Galders (money) as a weapon. So not only do they do little damage, but your f**king throwing your money away.

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
likalaruku said:
There's an MMORPG called Trickster that lets you use Galders (money) as a weapon. So not only do they do little damage, but your f**king throwing your money away.
Not sure how anyone can top this one.

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
Any of the guns that you hardly get/carry any ammo for on the half-life games, just because the lack of ammo makes them impractical to bother with at many parts. The tiny ammo limits for some also make no sense when you can carry so much for others.

Edulus

Mar 18, 2005
with some exeption, most melee weapons in any game that has guns and a player who can aim decent, that said i ain't one of them, but still if my rifle is out, the hell that i pick up my knife if i have a pistol loaded.

Wayne Insane

May 14, 2009
The nuclear rocket launcher from Shadow Warrior.Totally cool weapon, but I never even once survived the blast myself.

Wayne Insane

May 14, 2009
BolognaBaloney said:
Selvec said:
Throwing Knives in Assasains Creed takes the cake for me.
How so, they're a one-hit kill.
Yeah, I thought they were pretty much the coolest Method of Muridering in the whole Game.And throwing people from really high places.

effilctar

Jul 24, 2009
Lucifer in DMC 4. I just don't see the point in the red shard firing thing, and it barely does any damage