The Narcissism Test

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
I scored a 38, of course I knew that. I can literally spend hours (I'm not even shitting you) staring at myself in the mirror, I am utterly in love with myself and I think the most worthy partner would be myself for myself. I am really aware of how this sounds and I really don't give much of a shit, in fact, I like it.

EDIT: Scores following the format:

My score: 38

Authority: 8.00
Self-Sufficiency: 5.00
Superiority: 5.00
Exhibitionism: 6.00
Exploitativeness: 5.00
Vanity: 3.00
Entitlement: 6.00

Edit2: Why isn't Vanity higher? I am the most vain person I've ever met, that's just retarded.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Your Total: 27

Authority: 6.00
Self-Sufficiency: 4.00
Superiority: 2.00
Exploitativeness: 4.00
Entitlement: 2.00

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Wow, these questions are incredibly polarizing. Ridiculously so, actually.
I scored a 24, but frankly, I would rate myself in a 17-21 range in accordance with this scale. I do hold myself in very high esteem, but I don't consider myself to be superior to anyone. I am very proud of my physical appearance, but I don't downgrade other simply for being unattractive. I love being complimented and recognized, but I don't feel that I am entitled to those things.
In my book, I have abnormally high self confidence in most areas, but I don't think I'm at the narcissistic level yet.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
I scored 23, boeya!

Authority: 5.00
Exhibitionism: 1.00
Exploitativeness: 4.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 3.00

Though i would like to not sometimes the possible answers didn't match in either case, heck sometimes the answers weren't even polar opposites but barely relevant to each other. So while the score kinda matches it's still somewhat broken.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
I started answering, but they were so pathetic with no middle ground that I just fucking stopped because that test was gonna be 50% blank for me -.-

I would rate myself probably a 15-17, slightly less modest than average :p
But seriously screw that test and its awful binary choices.

EDIT:

j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
One snip to rule them all...
One snip to find them...
One snip to bring them all...
And in the forums bind them.
I should have read this post before posting, it is a beautiful and adequately rage-ridden description of my exact feelings on this test. I applaud thee!

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Your Total: 1
Authority: 0.00
Self-Sufficiency: 0.00
Superiority: 0.00
Exhibitionism: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 1.00
Entitlement: 0.00

Am I anti-narcassist?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I got 20. Apparently being confident, humble and generous makes me bad.
http://i.imgur.com/78PvC.png

However I am very good at lying and manipulating people.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Was expecting to be told I was special and narcissistic. Was told I was only average. What does that say about me? =D

Brandon237 said:
I started answering, but they were so pathetic with no middle ground that I just fucking stopped because that test was gonna be 50% blank for me -.-

I would rate myself probably a 15-17, slightly less modest than average :p
But seriously screw that test and its awful binary choices.
It's probably more clever than you give it credit it for. These tests aren't normally binary and there was a very clear explanation of what it expected you to do in a situation where you felt neither applied. There's a lot of repetition of single statements but with another statement on the other side. (Variations on "I want to succeed" with "I expect to fail", "I will succeed" "Success doesn't matter to me" etc on the other side). So I think through the course of the whole test they're actually grading a lot more thoroughly than the usual 1-5 scale might.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Evil Smurf said:

Brother!
AHAHAHAHA!
XD

Apparently you're a lot like me, right down to the TF2 playing and zombie exterminating!

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Ieyke said:
Evil Smurf said:

Brother!
AHAHAHAHA!
XD

Apparently you're a lot like me, right down to the TF2 playing and zombie exterminating!
http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/101358/woah-thumb.jpg
Do you have long hair or like Iron Maiden?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Heh. 1.

Authority: 0.00
Self-Sufficiency: 0.00
Exhibitionism: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 1.00
Entitlement: 0.00

Most or all of those questions are... odd. Not sure why someone could answer any of the damned things in such a definite manner.

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
Yeah. None of these really apply to me.

Take number 5. Neither. At all. Ruling the world does not frighten me. And I do not believe it would be a better place.

At best it would be a horrible, dark place. With the only truly happy people being those living in towns my oppress-o-bots, name pending, (human mooks aren't as reliable as robots designed to be loyal only to me.) don't go to that often. Me ruling the entirety of the planet, and galaxy that we have managed to explore after the jump in technology by crossing lines "moral" people would never cross. Oppressing and killing as I please in my search for immortality. I would be a dark, evil, genre-savvy overlord.

And number 4! I am completely confident in myself, and not because I am told I am good at what I like. I KNOW I excel in what I like. Only cemented by the fact that everyone who has discouraged me from what I like, can't spell or write for shit. And that their only arguments against it are that it is something they don't like. Effectively giving them no say in my decision to be a writer.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
26 HA!

Authority: 6.00
Superiority: 4.00
Exhibitionism: 3.00
Exploitativeness: 2.00
Vanity: 1.00
Entitlement: 5.00

First of all that is probably higher than it should be, but that is largely because I tended to answer questions that way - because I kind of wanted to score higher... which may very well say something right there.

I am, however, fairly narcissistic. I know that and am actually (and perhaps not surprisingly) pleased by it.

Zyst said:
My score: 38

Edit2: Why isn't Vanity higher? I am the most vain person I've ever met, that's just retarded.
I think vanity is scaled rather differently than the others, and that a "3" is actually very high on its scale.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Evil Smurf said:
Ieyke said:
Evil Smurf said:

Brother!
AHAHAHAHA!
XD

http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/101358/woah-thumb.jpg
Do you have long hair or like Iron Maiden?
I used to back in high school. Now it's real short.

Ryan Donavon

Nov 9, 2012
Ha! 39!
I beat you all.
Self-Sufficiency: 6.00

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
JoJo said:
My result...

Authority: 7.00
Self-Sufficiency: 4.00
Superiority: 4.00
Exhibitionism: 1.00
Exploitativeness: 3.00
Vanity: 1.00
Woah, the Escapist record so far! Not a particularly good test though since it can't differentiate between someone who erroneously believes they are better than others and someone who actually is better, and it would be dead easy to get a low score by deliberately answering the "modest" answers. Quite seriously I don't believe I have the disorder despite scoring high enough since I get along well with most people, certainly not bad enough it's a disorder >.>
Authority: 7.00
Exhibitionism: 3.00
Exploitativeness: 3.00
Vanity: 2.00

I guess you and I will just have to decide how we're going to split the spoils up.

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
Is narcissism a serious condition? I'd like to know before I post my score because I got over 20 with a score of 25.

Authority: 5
Self Suffiency: 5
Superiority: 3
Exhibitionism: 4
Exploitiveness: 5
Vanity: 0
Entitlement: 3

This probably stems from my worst fear: to die and have my name forgotten after 3 years. Nothing scares me more than the thought of not having a visible impact upon the world and I'm not afraid to admit it. Its a long shot but I'm determined to not die until I achieve that. I'd like to point out that all the vanity questions were about my body which is pretty average.