The Official Screenshot Thread

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I think it is supposed to be Mexico because it's attached to the desert bits on the left border, though the layout is kinda wierd no matter how you slice it, because St. Denis should be next to the Gulf of Mexico and the Mississippi, so Roanoke Ridge and Van horn should also be approx. around the Mississippi as well.
It would seem the layout was never meant to really mesh with the U.S. entirely due to Roanoke being in the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia. Other things like Cumberland Falls actually being in Kentucky, whereas in-game it’s west of Valentine which is apparently based off of Valentine, Nebraska.

They took liberties with the layout because even if it was geographically correct, it would bring up the problem of how players could physically traverse the entire U.S. in about twenty minutes or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It would seem the layout was never meant to really mesh with the U.S. entirely due to Roanoke being in the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia. Other things like Cumberland Falls actually being in Kentucky, whereas in-game it’s west of Valentine which is apparently based off of Valentine, Nebraska.

They took liberties with the layout because even if it was geographically correct, it would bring up the problem of how players could physically traverse the entire U.S. in about twenty minutes or so.
That's before you get into issues like references to Texas and Pennsylvania in game. And apparently just beyond that body of water on the western edge of New Austin is supposed to be California.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
It's a short but strangely adorable game. I'm a little sad that the next two games they made require co-op and me being an intorvert pretty much means I can't play them. I wanted to play "It takes two" with my spouse but then realized that for some reason the game doesn't have a switch version and that's the console we use for co-op, so I'm still SOL.

Reactions: Chimpzy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
It's a short but strangely adorable game. I'm a little sad that the next two games they made require co-op and me being a poor intorvert pretty much means I can't play them.
Yes, it is. Tho I rather enjoyed how briskly paced it is, so I wouldn't call it short. It's one of those games that's exactly as long as it needs to be.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The nice thing about taking so long to play through this, is not having to spoiler tag my findings!

I can open your eyes

Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under...

...On a magic coffin ride

A whole new world
Of lands between I never knew
Like Radahn's shooting stars
I've come so far
So let me share
This whole new world with you

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I've been going on a little bit of a classic Elder Scrolls bend, playing through Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion. And one of the best mods for Oblivion is "The Dungeons of Ivellon", so of course I'm going to replay that.

RWSS4.jpg
"Yeah, that's not foreboding or anything."

Now, why do I consider this to be one of the best mods for Oblivion? Well, aside from being a custom dungeon with an involving story, a collection of new items, and a whole bunch of atmosphere, there's one other exceptional thing it has- or, rather, doesn't have.

Light.

RWSS5.jpg
"'Why bother carrying a torch,' they said. 'You're a thief,' they said. 'You'll never end up somewhere where you'd need it,' they said."

There isn't a single source of natural light present anywhere in this dungeon- torches or light spells are a must. (Night-eye is cheating.) There are torch sconces that can be lit, but they don't do a whole lot to push back the gloom- and, of course, you have to find them, while illuminating yourself for whoever- or whatever- is lurking about.

RWSS6.jpg
"I would like you to know that this is NOT my happy place."

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Did you kill yourself accidentally trying to get your tie off the fan?
LOL, is that a thing!?!? It shouldn't surprise!
So far, it is an actor's nightmare. I'm being treated like a detective when I don't recall anything.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
LOL, is that a thing!?!? It shouldn't surprise!
So far, it is an actor's nightmare. I'm being treated like a detective when I don't recall anything.
Oh yes. Apparently it's quite easy to try to grab the tie and die from a heart attack. The fails in this game are worth it, so much. If you find it, try to do the karaoke quest. It's worth it.

And yeah, the whole feeling of being uncomfortable because you have no idea what's going on is very much part of the point.

Reactions: gorfias

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
You mean with 45 year olds trying to be teenage toughs?
Basically, yeah.

More modded Oblivion!

RWSS11.jpg
What a lovely day for a stroll.

RWSS13.jpg
Okay, whose turn was it to set the food out?

RWSS14.jpg
Well, no, usually I like venison, but....

RWSS16.jpg
Hey, I'm here! Where's the party? Uh....

RWSS8.jpg
Oh. Guess I'm a little late.