"The Old Republic will be the biggest failure in MMO history," says EA developer

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Yeah, I wouldn't listen to this ranter. He's like a 10 year old bitching over getting his toy taken away for being a brat. Nothing much more.

I still hold hope for TOR myself, and yes, there are game play video's out. God dammit people, do a simple search of youtube or it's main site! Though GW2 still holds the gamer within me overall, it is just plain orgasmic from the recent trailers.

alik44

Sep 11, 2010
Well lets look at the good part of this if it is bad then this will probably slap some sense into bioware and they can get started on knights of the old republic 3.

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
What the hell? What kind of BS is that?! I heard it more often but it makes zero sense. Way back in 2009 they already did a 4-part walkthrough through the actual game [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a8mlxCaRAI], including gameplay on various classes. That has only increased over the last year, just do a simple Youtube search.
Oh, sorry, I meant that in an ironic kind of, "we haven't actually seen anything that really separates it from something we haven't seen already." way.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
Korten12 said:
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
kman123 said:
It's Bioware+Star Wars. It's going to sell regardless. The only question remains is if it'll survive long term.
not long with Guild Wars 2 round the corner
But that could end up a failure instead and people will go back to TOR. You never know.
Yeah I suppose but to be far the 1st one is still goin strong, not to mention they said they wanna make GW2 playable on pc's that are not top of the line. In addition to no subscription fees.

Tbh my money is on Guild Wars but I suppose only time will tell.
You also bring up a good point but let us remember FF 14. I'm sure the people who enjoyed FF 11 went to play it thinking it would be awesome (as 14 can be thought of as a spiritual sequel since they're the only 2 MMO FF games), saw that it was a mess and went back to FF 11.

NOTE: I pretty much used this as an example, I highly doubt what I said actually took place.
I see what yours saying but by the looks of Guild Wars 2 it seems very impressive, and from all the feedback from the critics and such seems to back that up. The opposite occured for FF14.
Well I can honestly say I haven't followed GW so those facts eluded me. :p
go to http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.236131-All-yours-Guild-Wars-2-Information-Topic-Dungeon-Info-Updated

:D
Haha I'm really not interested in GW to be honest. Thanks though. :D