The one character you'll never forget

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
Rachel317 said:
Rem45 said:
Awesome reply. Nah, go beyond just awesome. I mean, some scenes with Zero almost made me cry they were that damn good. He also really got me into anime.

And thanks, my second topic lol
Has Zero inspired you in your day to day life, too?
I might have to play this Megaman game! Sounds like powerful stuff. Is the anime as good as the game?

I look forward to seeing more topics from you in the future, seriously. I like the thought-provoking ones ;)

He has influenced me to be awesome in my every day life. Nah, he was just the first character that I have really liked. I watch anime because of the cut scenes in the game.
He also influenced a lot of the stories I write, saving the somewhat psychotic damsel in distress. It was my first mature game and it made me really pasionate about certain things, even though I was young. just stuck I guess.

There actually isn't an anime for it. Just anime styled cut scenes. There is an anime for Megaman as in Rock Man with Roll and Protoman but this is based on X (Megaman) and Zero.

Its a good game, a little old. PS1. Not downloadable on the ps3 either.

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
Magus, aka Janus Zeal. Having a sister myself, I have long understood what it means to be willing to go to any length to protect the ones you love and Magus made no apologies about what he has done in the interest of saving his sister, or at least getting revenge on Lavos.

Woem

May 28, 2009
The Nameless One from Planescape: Torment. In all his facets, he will always have a place in my heart.

He endured, and in enduring he grew strong.

Balmong7

Apr 9, 2010
"My name is Francis "York" Morgan, but you can call him York, that's what everyone calls me. Isn't that right Zach"

Shade184

Nov 11, 2009
The Arbiter, Halo 2 incarnation. Fuck Master Chief, anyone badass enough to turn invisible and use an energy sword as their main weapon is a legend in my books.

Plus, he's all about honour. Maybe somewhat misguided religiously, but it's still honour.

Also.

These two sisters (image embed wasn't working, dammit).

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/7898/jeanettetherese.jpg

Therese and Jeanette Voerman, from Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Anyone who's played will know what I'm talking about.

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
Solid Snake/Big Boss from MGS I suppose, first character that popped up, even though I've seen alot of memorable characters in my life, those I will always remember :)

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Rem45 said:
Reallink said:
I really liked Hope, from Final Fantasy 13. Mainly because he was the first kid in any non-horror game that was traumatized by the fighting that he was thrown into against his. The fact that he recognized that his anger at Snow is childish, but somewhat necessary at the same time? Thats a character I will remember for a long, long time.
Wow...I always thought of Hope as a whiny brat. But I guess you're right, in that situation a kid would act like that.
I would think most people of any age would act like that to be honest, could you imagine if in an instant you became something that pretty much the whole world hates, knowing your life will never be the same? I don't think I know anyone who wouldn't break down like that.

As for a character I will never forget, Max from Dark Cloud 2/Chronicle, he was an amazingly well done character who developed really well over the course of the game.

Haxxle

Jan 14, 2011
Payne, Max Payne. Damn him and his good first person noir style metaphors and first person narrative.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Commander Keen... Ahh those were the days eh guys?

Also, Gordon Freeman - So silent, yet so wise.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
Lara Croft.

First character I was really introduced to in video games as a kid. She sort of symbolises gaming for me now. :p

Lord Legion

Feb 26, 2010
Kerghan, the dark necromancer from Arcanum. He's got one of the BEST monologues a villian could ask for, and by the end of it, you start to think maybe he does have the right idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkBrIrQikWY

norwegian-guy

Jan 17, 2011
FirstToStrike said:
Klonoa. He's cheerful, easygoing, ambitious, and VERY friendly. Also, he just radiates pure awesomeness. Just look:

Klonoa was a great character. But I wouldn't call him the one character that I would never forget. There's just so many characters within the platforming-genre that came before him and made it hard for Klonoa to stand out as a character.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Jeanette/Therese/Tourette Voerman from Vampires: Bloodlines for being both Batshit crazy and hilarious if you yourself are a malkavian vampire
Malkavians are awesome.

Edit- Damn beaten to Jeanette by earlier poster.

calvincaplan

Jun 3, 2009
A legend of our time... A hero to his people... Three letters... One word:
Abe.

How has no-one said HIM yet??