'The Pit: Hell Frozen Over' - Arc 3, Chapter 3: 'The One Truth' (Closed, Started)

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
"Do you have anything to say?"

Lewis breathed deeply thinking of what to say. He knew he had the chance to tell Lee what really happened in the Lower Levels. He could tell Lee that it was Albergo who struck down the inmate for trying to smuggle a piece of coal. It seemed like years ago now.

"Yes, sir. Corporal Albergo and I were patrolling the levels when we came into contact with a prisoner who tried to smuggle a piece of coal onto their person. We repeatedly tried to communicate with the inmate but he didn't cooperate with us." Lewis said, taking a pause in his words. "I felt threatened in that situation. Something got the better of me and I struck the prisoner. I take full responsibility for the excessive use of force." Lewis belted out with pure conviction. He was going to ride this lie for as long as he could, even in the face of Lee. "I was unaware of the full extent of the prisoner's injuries until after the beating. Once I realized that, Corporal Albergo and I searched for a medic on the level which brought us to Lt. Com. Montoya, who happened on the scene before we could get a medic."

Lewis looked Lee in the face even in the face of his lie. He would never abandon his loyalty to his friends. Not ever since the Highlands. Lewis could still hear the shrill screams. The smell of burning petrol and flesh combined. The yellow spots in his eyes still remained from the inferno he saw and did nothing about. Never again.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Acolyte raised an eyebrow in interest. He hadn't expected this. Despite that, he met Nikolai's gaze evenly.

"Fight who? You?"

========================================================================================================

Korovitch watched through binoculars as Tanner approached the warden guarding the outpost, with doctored orders to relieve him. The man put up some idle protest, mainly out of curiosity. But after a few seconds, he shrugged and headed off. For a couple of minutes, Wickers and Korovitch watched Tanner stand guard dutifully. Then they headed to the outpost themselves. As one, the three of them walked into the outpost building. There sat the man Korovitch had been sent to meet, weapons on the table. He could smell coffee brewing.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Nikolai nodded.

"To us, survival must be earned. Those who cannot withstand the test must not be allowed to taint the rest with weakness. When they die, all grow stronger for it. Your survival has been a gift, but that ends now. A child is one thing, but the Free Men will no longer stand to share their meals with a grown Man who has not earned his place."

===============================================================================================================================

Lee resisted the temptation to sigh, and rub his temples in frustration. It was the answer he'd been expecting, but not the one he had hoped for.

"I see..." He began, holding the pause "You would really risk it all, wouldn't you? You're closer than you've ever been, having come so far and fought through so much. You've held your tongue and kept your secrets, all the way to the last place any sane man in this world wants to be, and now you'd watch me take all that, and crush it into dust, for the sake of a colleague. I was like that once, a very long time ago. There was a time where I would have defended my comrades with everything I possessed, in everything they did. If I could go back, you have no idea how many of those men I would shoot dead, now that I have seen what would remain of them after the slow erosion of war had swept everything else away."

Lee drew the first file, and thumbed it open. Taped inside on the first page was a set of photographs, taken during processing, with a list of details beneath. He laid the file out on his desk facing the Corporal. It wasn't quite a family reunion.

"I'm not sure how much of my reputation precedes me, but let me assure you that there's no use lying to me, in matters great or small. You have not been responsible for the mistreatment of any Inmates, quite the opposite in fact. I expect you spend most of your day trying your best not to look them in the eye. Even so, did you really think no-one would find out about her?"

============================================================================================================================

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Kusanagi stepped back and allowed the boys to display their masculinity. While she believed such a bout to be utterly pointless now was a good a time as any for them to blow off some stream. They had spent three long, grueling months without any means and without the energy to vent their angst and frustration. The thought occurred to her that she had not been given the opportunity either.

Kusanagi hadn't taken issue with Nikolai's boasts or taunts until...

"...A child is one thing, but the Free Men will no longer stand to share their meals with a grown Man who has not earned his place."

An angry smile broke out across Kusanagi's lips, "Sounds like someone's forgotten I killed one of Azrael's top lieutenants. If that doesn't make me one of the boys, I am not sure what would."

She was proud of her wit, but she couldn't help but place her hand on her pelvis. The memory burned in that moment.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Neil heard Luka and his men enter through the front. He continued brewing and spoke without diverting his attention from the task at hand, "How do you like yours?"

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Like waves on a sandy dune, Lee's dissection of Lewis' philosophy eroded some of his conviction for loyalty but still it stood. It stood but Lee revealed some of its weak points. He thought back and Albergo's agitation was revealed in a new light. Lee planted a seed of doubt into Lewis' head.

"Even so, did you really think no-one would find out about her?"

Lewis looked at the file, seeing the proof that Aggie was here but it was nothing that he didn't know about. He knew this day would come. He would recite his statement to whoever would find out, even to Lee but now that he's face to face with him, things seemed different. Lewis looked closely at the pictures. She looked more gaunt than he had last seen her and her red hair was still noticeable.

"Eventually, sir." Lewis said, matter-of-factly. "She's the sole reason why I requested to be transferred here and the reason why I try to look the inmates in the eye, sir. If you want the truth then that's it. Plain and simple."

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
Olivander stumbled over to a desk piled high with neatly arranged papers. "I've been running some numbers, using any file that the Wardens have seen fit to let me see and... Do you have any idea what a logistical nightmare this place is!? Look at this!" Cried the financial executive, waving a file, "It's almost impossible for this place tomactually run a profit! I'm freaking amazed Lee has been able to make this place what it is! It's nothing short of a miracle! And it's still not enough!" He slumped down, clutching his head "It's maddening! The guy's probably the best administrator this place could have, and the bosses are threatening to fire him unless he does something physically impossible!"

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
"How do you like yours?"

"Not poisoned. I'll skip the drinks." As he said this, Wickers and Tanner paced to opposite sides of the room. All three of them cradles MP5 SMGs, with suppressors. Allowing his to hang by its strap, Korovitch took a seat. Gesturing to Neil, he said, "you're in trouble. I'm not clued in on the specifics. What's wrong, and why should I help?"

===============================================================================

Acolyte nodded to himself. "Alright. I prepared to fight you once, when I thought you'd taken Lucia by force. I suppose it'd be a waste if I didn't end up doing so."

He stepped forward, shrugging off the kevlar vest. The swastika brand stood out against his muscled chest, ridged and angry. It caused murmurs amongst the Free Men that he ignored. They were backing away to make room in the spacious hangar, and that was all that mattered.

Bending his legs slightly and swaying rhythmically on the balls of his feet, Acolyte put up a guard, and said, "let's do it, then."

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
"Not poisoned. I'll skip the drinks."

Neil smirked as he dumped cream and sugar into his coffee and began stirring, "I wouldn't trust me either."

"You're in trouble. I'm not clued in on the specifics. What's wrong, and why should I help?"

Neil blew into his mug as he turned and took the seat across from Luka. After taking a sip he placed it down in front of him and took off his sunglasses. He hadn't seen into Luka's eyes in quite some time. The two of them didn't have much in the way of a past, but they had been at odds with one another... so to speak.

"Pvt. Michelle Stevens, you've heard of her?"

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Kusanagi went silent once the brand came into view. When had that happened? Had he always had it? No, that wasn't possible... she had seen him with his shirt off back in the Pit. Come to think of it, Acolyte had avoided taking off his vest until now.

Was he trying to hide it from her?

And then it hit her like a sack of bricks. His allying with the Aryans to save her. Had they done that to him? How far had he gone to save her? It seemed there were still many aspects to her escape she didn't understand.

Kusanagi gritted her teeth. She was tired of others suffering for her. For every independent action she took to further her own survival, another had taken two. She clutched her pants--where her brand had burned into her skin--tighter as the Freemen began to murmur.

I need to make this right.

He had summoned the courage to show his... it was only fair that she show hers. Now wasn't the time, however.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
'The Talon's Roost' was the name the Songbird's had affectionately given the disused ATC tower, when she had made her quarters there shortly after arriving at this garrison. It suited her perfectly, in terms of personal, practical, and symbolic purposes. Above the activity of the main camp, her thoughts were clearer, and every Songbird who looked up, would be instilled with new courage for what was to come, knowing that she was watching over them. It was also the place that had the highest proportion of window space of any room in the entire complex. She had been almost a woman the first time she'd seen sunlight, and since then she had been forced to spend so much of her time scurrying around in the dark. Not right now though. Her time here, and her windows, were a are luxury. A luxury that she owed in no small part to her enemies. It was after all their playthings that she was using to shield herself. She could see one of the pylons right now, it's silhouette concealed to all those who didn't know exactly where to look, within the tree line on the perimeter. This place suited her, and it would be a shame to leave. However, the time was soon approaching, and when it did the window would be short.

Spread out in front her, as she sat cross legged on the floor, was an array of maps, blueprints, reports, charts and photographs. She picked up one of them, taken at the village where they had recovered the stragglers. Why had this child still been in bed at such a late hour? Perhaps she had been sick, although no sign of ailment showed on her face. In fact, she was smiling. The Talon wondered if that was merely a queer side-effect of the start of the decomposition process, or had this girl been having a good dream?

What mattered however, was the certainties; and what was clear all the photographs, the autopsy reports, and the diagrams showing various chemical compositions, was that her enemy's testing was drawing to a close. The substance was ready. The hard work was done, and in a matter of days a generous stockpile would be amassed. The nest was tended; and when the eggs were hatched, The Great Revolution would begin in earnest.

The setting sun bathed the tower in an orange bloom, and in her head The Talon recited a new poem. Each sunset was unique, and deserved its own. She did not waste time searching for paper and a pen, for she never had any intention to write them down. Her thoughts were between her and the sunset, and she would simply let them flow. The brand new verse streamed into her consciousness as if it had been there all the time. Perhaps it had. Even after so many years, The Talon sometimes felt she had barely scratched the surface of her potential, and that there were so many more gifts yet to unlock, given to her unwillingly by those she now sought to destroy. In her own way, she couldn't help but love them. They had given her so much, not least of which being that through them she had first seen the nature of the One Truth. It may have just been the effects of some residual conditioning, but she thought not. Recently, she had begun to wonder if her interpretation of events had been backwards, and it had in fact been the One Truth who had given them to her. Previously, she had understood the One Truth as merely an implicit construct within the fabric of existence, like gravity. Tangible, undeniable, but without any consciousness or will of its own. However, the closer she came, the more of the path that seemed to fall into place in front of her, the more convinced she became of some kind of divine providence. She was not simply a scholar of the One Truth, she was its disciple, it's protege, it's provocateur.

He companion in her vigil gave a weak, rattling groan as the sunlight inside the circular space continued to intensify, and if even the light itself now hurt him. It was not impossible. The Talon remembered when she had first experienced direct contact with the sunlight, bursting through the canopy as she had stumbled into that unlikely oasis at the most crucial time. It had burned, with a brilliant pain. On the other hand, her companion's experience seemed to be different. Her pain had cleansed her, burning away her fear and desperation. His only seemed to make him shrink, like some grey, translucent insect turned out from under a damp log.

Turning to face him, The Talon debated whether it was to her credit, or to his, that the man was still alive. She was an expert in her craft, and yet he showed an unusual resilience. Even after so much had been stripped away, his soul refused to reveal itself. He was suspended in the dead center of the room, chains binding him at his wrists and ankles, which in turn were attached to the joins at the floor and ceiling. Taut, the chains held him vertical, spread-eagled, the light glistening off the bare, raw meat of his torso. He was akin to a fly caught in a spider's web, only the web had been fashioned from his own skin, removed from him in slender strips, leaving one end attached, and pulling the rest out into strands, stretching out in every direction and pinned to all corners of the room. The skin is the largest organ in the human body, and fashioned in this manner, it would have been hard for the uneducated or uninitiated to believe such a maze had been harvested from just one subject. Another gift from her former tormentors. So many ways to remove a man piece by piece. Still, it had taken considerable practice on her part to become so artful. The defter she became, the more clearly the patterns presented themselves.

She lightly tapped her finger on one of the strips, drawn from his groin. Drawn so taught, the vibration traveled back to the angry flesh as if she had plucked a guitar string. A pitiless, rasping cry escaped his lips. Silently, The Talon took a cloth, and submerged it in a bucket full of a purifying solution that kept his wounds from festering. Seeing this, the man made more noises in protest, though having seemingly lost the ability to form words. This was the nature off all his kind. So dirty, stinking, foul, that any attempt to wash them of their bile will sting in agony.

"Do you see it now?" she asked, raising her voice over his fresh screams, as the wet cloth gently found every nook and cranny. "Now that your mask is lifted, and all is laid bare, do you see the disease of it? You are a malignancy, sapping the life out of the world as you cling on past your time. For the sake of all that is or ever will be, this world must be cleansed."

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
As Riley knelt in the courtyard, bloody to the elbows, his sharp ears caught the screams from Talon's Roost, and his nose twitched distastefully. But it wasn't his place to question her practices. As long as they didn't involve him, at least. He shrugged, and went back to his work. The boar's hide was furled up on one side of the tarp, and he would tan the hide later. First, it was time to gut the animal. By his leg was the bloody K-BAR knife he's used to skin the animal, and cut into its belly. On his other side, the boar's stomach and intestinal tract lay in a pile. If he needed to, he could use the stomach to make a cooking pot. But there was no need, so he would likely bury it.

He'd been trained to never waste any part of the animal, but in his current role, often times his own time was more valuable than guts, so he had reluctantly consigned himself to burying anything he didn't particularly need. With a squelch, he pulled the boar's liver free, and looked at it, thoughtfully. Then he shrugged, and threw it over his shoulder. A snap, squelch and thud told him Odin had snatched it from the air, and then there was the faint sound of chewing.

Later, after he had finished gutting the boar, and had taken out all of its tendons and pried off its hooves, as well as hacking its head off with a machete, he straightened up, moved everything he was taking off the tarp, and allowed his men to roll it up around the carcass that was now meat and bone, and take it for cooking. When everything was stored in his room, he walked out to where the trees started to crop up around the base, and buried the guts. When that was done, he set about gathering loose branches, and then walked back with his arms full. With that, he dug a small basin into the earth and set about making a fire in the center of the courtyard, then set off for more wood. He ended up making several trips, keeping the fire burning hot and sweeping the ash into the basin.

When he'd first been transferred here, the men under his authority had gawked at his post hunting ministrations, but they had long since lost interest. He provided a good part of the food the base ate, although not the majority. And often times, the tools and clothes he made came in useful.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Lee couldn't deny it. The young Corporal had courage. The kind of courage that he could make great use of right now.

"Here is the problem as I see it Corporal..." he began "I am in command of this facility, but over the years I've learned that being in command, and being in control, are not mutually inclusive. While much has been accomplished in this regard over the last few months, I still cannot claim to be fully in control while there are rogue elements operating under my nose. You, Corporal, are a rogue elements. I can give you all the commands I desire, but as soon as my goals no longer align with your own, we would see just how little this command structure means to you, wouldn't we?"

Lee stood up, leaning slightly over his desk, his stare searing right through Lewis'.

"The situation is currently more perilous than it has ever been. RACDI-Alpha is not safe. I have done my best make the situation underground as secure as possible, but outside our walls the threat is growing. I need control Corporal. I need every single man and woman here to show the same conviction to this place as I do. That means, any conflicting loyalties have to be resolved, one way or another.

I can help you Corporal, and I can help your sister. However, if I am to do that, I need your complete faith, you unwavering trust, in me. Do I have it?"

===============================================================================================================================

"It is not the same." Nikolai spoke over his shoulder "I told you before, Kusanagi. For every Man you see before you, dozens died at my hand. It is the ultimate test, and the measurement by which all are judged. It is the only test that matters."

He rounded on Acolyte, who had taken up a defensive stance, expecting the big brute to come to him. They always did.

"No army to hide behind now Sneaky Man." He taunted, a clunk accompanying every other step as he circled round. "No weapons or armor, and no squealing Pigs to make your threats for you. Now we find out who you really are."

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
"I think you'll find I was at the front of that army, Nikolai," Acolyte replied serenely, as he observed his opponent. He kept his eyes moving and roving so they wouldn't give him away. The leg was the biggest outlier here. It was powerfully built, but a recent addition. It could be dangerous, but it could also be slow, and it was likely Nikolai wasn't used to it yet. It could either be his weakest or strongest point. Nikolai was watching him, and didn't look surprised at all. Likely this was the approach many had taken to fighting him.

With no telegraphing of movement, Acolyte flung himself at what may well be the big man's 'bad' side. He knew from watching the fight with Orphan that Nikolai was deadly quick. He feinted a strike at Nikolai's kidney, correcting at the last moment to duck to the side, bringing a knee round at the small of Nikolai's back.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Ah, so you feel worthwhile here, that's it." Selina said in a kind manner as she took another generously long sip from her cocktail; from the looks of it, the alcohol wasn't effecting her behavior, which was a good thing, since Abigail didn't want the Executive to do something stupid.

"I can respect that. Time was I would never have been seen dead in a place... It would have been beneath my station, an embarrassment even. To say I was comfortable growing up in Iberia would be a criminal understatement."

'Well, someone certainly had an overly high opinion of themselves back when they were younger.' Abigail thought to herself with a small amount of disgust as she listened to the Executive's tale.

"My life with Venture Horizon is somewhat less glamorous, but don't think I'm complaining. It was good fun and games among the ruling classes of the Iberian Alliance... By the time the fools started to sit up and take notice, we'd lost a good 80% of our territory south of the Mediterranean... I may not be so pampered as I once was, but now I have the resources and the freedom to be part of the force that drags the human race out of our post-Cataclysm minutia and towards a new golden age... Of course, progress has its price, but we do only what we must."

"Indeed, we can only accomplish what we are capable of, so long as there are the resources to supply that demand. Take for example Venture Horizon and these prison facilities of theirs. Places like these are one of the few remaining outlets to supply this new world of ours with the resources to keep it spinning; but in return Venture has a demand for workers of all types, be they the Inmates, people like me who provide a service, the Wardens who keep everyone safe, then there is the Executives like you; who make sure that everything runs smoothly and efficiently." Abigail said, showing a hopefully more intelligent side to her.

"To some all that up in what could be described as a crude analogy, Venture Horizon is like one big machine, and we are like the gears that keep it running; some bigger than others, because they have a larger impact on the running of this machine. And whilst some people would say we shouldn't dwell on the past, and look forward to the future; I think looking back isn't such a bad idea. I mean by analyzing the past, we can see the mistakes that were made, and take measures to make sure it doesn't happen again. A great man once said, those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Nikolai knew he would be slightly slower than usual, due to the added weight of his new leg. To top it off, the area where the limb joined, flesh fusing with metal, was still very raw. However, it wasn't as if Nikolai was a stranger to ignoring pain; and even with his agility dampened, he had plenty of other strengths to fall back on.

He saw the feint, but chose to stay planted. Where attempting to dodge and counter may have put him off balance, and would likely have been too slow anyway, Nikolai chose instead to put his considerable bulk to good use. He braced, and when Acolyte's knee slammed with full force into a pressure point which would have almost certainly caused an ordinary man to buckle, what he found instead was a wall of solid muscle, as solid and unforgiving as a block of concrete. The audience of Free Men laughed in the brief pause, as Nikolai took the blow without so much as a wince or a stumble. He turned his head to look at Acolyte, leered, before spitting directly in his eyes.

Acolyte was going to have to fight dirty if he wanted to give Nikolai anything more substantial than a massage.

Using the split second in which Acolyte was stunned, Nikolai lashed out. Gripping onto his opponent's shoulders, his thumbs digging hard into the soft tissues behind the collar bones, Nikolai unleashed a savage headbutt that struck at the bridge of Acolyte's nose. Off-balance and dazed as Acolyte was, Nikolai's next strike, a kick with his new leg to the side of Acolyte's knee, swept his legs out from underneath him easily. Nikolai grabbed his arm, and held him almost horizontal, before slamming his elbow into Acolyte's side, just below the armpit, with rib-cracking force.

"Want to rest now, Sleepy Man?" Nikolai taunted as Acolyte lay on the floor, prompting further catcalls from their audience.

============================================================================================================================

"Meaning no offense," Selina responded with a broad smile "but you're wasted behind this bar. You're a bright girl, with more sense in your head than half the board of directors... provided you never tell them I said that!" she added with a playful laugh. "I'll remember your name, Miss Nyte."

She finished her drink, savouring every last hint of flavour as it went down. This had been a welcome distraction, but time was wasting.

"Now," she said, placing a generous tip on the bar "If you'll excuse me, I have a lot of reports to file. The glorious new golden age of mankind won't administrate itself."

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
"I can help you Corporal, and I can help your sister. However, if I am to do that, I need your complete faith, you unwavering trust, in me. Do I have it?"

The tiger rose from his desk and looked down at Lewis but he wasn't just sizing up his prey. Lewis met Lee's piercing gaze nearly seeing the cold fire in the man's eyes. He considered Lewis a rogue element. Of all people, Lewis couldn't see himself as one but the way Lee put it made sense. Lee needed everyone on board for whatever he was doing and Lewis had to be on board as well. Having Lee helping him and Aggie is more than anything Lewis could have asked for. Lewis nodded his head.

"Sir yes, sir." Lewis said.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"It's maddening! The guy's probably the best administrator this place could have, and the bosses are threatening to fire him unless he does something physically impossible!"

Richad gazed at the doctors reports, seeing through the numbers and graphs for the truth that lay among them. It is true that Lee is an incredible administrator and it is even more jarring that the board wanted him out. It confused Richard and he was barely confused.

"That is maddening..." Richard said, picking up some papers and quickly reading through some of the numbers. "What if he isn't trying to make a profit? What if Lee's trying to make an example or at least trying to keep attention away from something else? If this place is really as efficient as it is then why would they need us for longer than a week? Too many questions..."

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Acolyte chuckled where he lay, then began to get to his feet. He twitched his aching nose. He was a leaf on the wind, and would roll with any blow, though it would only be worth so much against this opponent. He might be bleeding from where the artificial leg had hit him; he wasn't sure, and wasn't about to check. Nikolai made no move to stop him getting up. Taunting him. His next moves needed to be quick, though. When he was in a crouch, he stood in a fluid motion, bringing his knee up, slamming between Nikolai's legs, and again. Two blows in quick succession as he brought his fists up, ramming them home into Nikolai's armpits. The blows to the groin would have tensed the frame of a lesser man, but Nikolai didn't react, and Acolyte had counted on that. The blows to the armpit hit the unprotected core, and could do lasting internal damage to smaller men. Not Nikolai, though.

No sooner had his fists connected, then he brought them away, clapping his hands on either side of the big man's head, he delivered a brutal headbutt, then backpedalled, getting back into a guard stance. This had only just begun.

===============================================================================

"Pvt. Michelle Stevens, you've heard of her?"

Korovitch thought back to his various forays into the personnel files.

"I may have read the name. What importance is this woman?"

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
Penn looked at Felix. It being a Look was really all that could be said about his expression. The rather blank expression on his face may have seemed like the result of a sort of tired apathy, but in truth it was more the effect of his body trying to express annoyance at what it percieved as an invasion of privacy, relief that the old convict had finally found someone he could call an ally without having to put a series of asterisks next to the word, and attempting to appraise what the big guy was actually good for and failing to show all three.
Penn briefly wondered if he had had a stroke.
His ego, in compromise to the various factions that had risen up as a result of these internal politics, settled on giving Felix a noncommital nod.

--------------------------

Olivander sighed, "Something like that, I bet." He nodded his head and blinked, before standing up, "Anyway, wasn't there a briefing or a second inspection or something? I think my mind's started playing tricks."

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
"I may have read the name. What importance is this woman?"

Neil weaved his fingers together and sighed, "Pvt. Stevens was found dead in the lower levels earlier today. From a somewhat brief analysis I would say she had been beaten and raped and was likely already dead before being thrown into the ravine. While investigating the crime scene a patrol spotted me and was ready to pin the crime on me right then and there."

Neil took another sip of his coffee, "Thankfully, I was wearing my mask when they found me," He said as he placed a hand on the mask. "Do the wardens even know what I've been doing down here the last three months?"

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Kusanagi winced as Acolyte delivered a savage headbutt to Nikolai's face. She was a bit antsy when the fight began, but the excitement of the moment overshadowed it. Now that blows had been traded she felt more... uneasy. She was happy to see Nikolai take such punishment. Deep down, she wanted to see him suffer. She wanted to see him punished.

Deep down, she still hadn't forgiven him for what he had done to Samuel. How he broke and mangled his body. He had said that it had to happen. That there was no other way.

Fuck that.

Fuck that...

Kusanagi was ashamed of herself, not only for this, but also because she had thought so many times about taking his life. She imagined the cathartic act of slitting his throat and watching the life drain from his face. She wanted revenge. Not just for Samuel but also for her father.

She wanted to make them pay. Every last one of them.

She took a few steps back and slumped down against the wall. Frustrated, she grasped tufts of her hair in each hand and rested her head on her palms. This was a battle for acceptance. If victorious, Acolyte would be accepted as their equal. But, if he failed... would Nikolai kill him?

Acolyte's death would not be justified if Nikolai ended him here. There was nothing he could say that would convince her it was necessary. If he killed Acolyte here it would take every ounce of her remaining willpower not to stab the giant in the heart.

She looked back up to see the two combatants, Acolyte standing in a defensive position. Her eyes burned into the back of Nikolai's head. She was angry now.

She was scared.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Clementina was growing extremely impatatient, her face contorting and lip curling up in anger. If these two men didn't come soon she was worried she would break protocol and throw them into the icy cold tundra that surrounded them.
------------------------------
Felix paused his pushups and kept his position as he raised his eyebrow towards Penn. "Um, is everything alright sir?"
------------------------------
Travis finally struck up the nerve to get out of his cell and go to work. Go to work? Fuck it's like a 9 to 5 job he's doing now, like all those fuckers he killed coming back to see their family's. He looked over his shoulder a couple times before deciding "Fuck it," he continued louder "if anyone wants to kill they can come out and fucking do it now!" He continued towards the industrial plant as he let his mind wonder to more... pleasant days...
-----------------------
6 years ago.

This was one of his fondest murders. A large family of farmers who had taken him in for an exchange of protecting them from hooligans who wanted to steal their food and ruin their crops. Mainly teenagers. The Dragon's job was to scare them off whenever they came. It was an easy job, but they came by the dozen and thus kept him busy for a while. The farmers were pleased, and each time they came it appeared that less and less were coming each time. From dozens to only a few, then a couple... and finally just one boy. One boy who came to the farm not to run up and tread on the crops. Instead he walked up, even knocking on the door, asking for his friends. He knew not were they went and thus became very lonely and frightened. The farmers took pity on the boy and said that they would help look for his friends as long as they promised not to destroy their crops anymore. So as they looked The Dragon decided to have some fun. After hours of searching the farmers and the boy returned home and were hungry, promising the boy some food as he cried for his missing friends. Yet as they came upon the road to their home they found one of the boy's friends. Not all of him but the most important parts. As the boy cried and screamed in total shock for his dead friends the farmers continued up the road and found more boys and more pieces, until they finally came upon their home were The Dragon lay waiting, covered in blood and lying on the porch pretending to be injured. He coughed and 'choked', and as the farmers ran up to help their friend, he slashed the jugulars of the toughest of them and slowly choked the weakest. The boy had seen it all and ran through the fields and woods to escape The Dragon. The boy was good, and it too Travis 5 whole days to catch him. But he caught him, and in the end that's all that matters. A good hunt, and another family claimed by The Dragon.
----------------------
And here we are 6 years later. Working with no clear goal in mind to murder those he worked for. There was no hunt or kill here to be gained. Just the endless working, the depression quickly sinking in. Sweat falling from his brow and the view only of sparks and metal, and sound only of mechanical oppression. This Dragon would never fly again. Never rain terror on villages or breathe his vicious fire upon the weak. Now he was the weak. The pathetic... he was just... he didn't even know what he was anymore.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Meaning no offense," Selina said with a Cheshire cat smile. "but you're wasted behind this bar. You're a bright girl, with more sense in your head than half the board of directors... provided you never tell them I said that!" she then added a playful laugh. "I'll remember your name, Miss Nyte."

"And I'll certainly remember yours Miss Hernandez. Don't you worry, the secret is safe with me." Abigail said with a wink, showing that she would keep her word. Selina then finished what remained of her drink.

"Now," Selina said, placing a generous tip on the bar. "If you'll excuse me, I have a lot of reports to file. The glorious new golden age of mankind won't administrate itself." Abigail couldn't help but chuckle at that last remark.

"That much is true. Hope you have a pleasant day, and thank you for your custom." Abigail said as she picked up the tip and put it in the tip jar that was behind the counter. She had to admit, it was one of the bigger tips she'd seen a while.