The Pitt Launches to Bugs, Crashes on Xbox 360

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Malygris said:
The problem, according to Xbox Live Marketplace [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bethesda-fixing-the-pitt-for-xbox-360] file sizes apparently top out at 492.21 megabytes in size, while the PC update - which apparently went out successfully - comes in at roughly 682 megabytes.
Is this a typ-o?
I'm sure any 360 user will say how they downloaded files bigger then 490 megs.
I wondering if it should say 'The Xbox Live version weighted in at...' or something. Since it seems like, from the video, that things are missing (Hence the smaller file size).

Does that make sense?
Because, to me, that limit doesn't speak to my experience.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
GOD DAMMIT!!!! an extra month of waiting and you can't even make sure that its bug free, what the hell bethesda?!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Yup, that was an error on my part. Post has been corrected, thanks to everyone who brought it to my attention.

Apr 28, 2008
Well, I guess its a good thing that I bought Fallout 3 on the PC.

And I know for a fact that I have downloaded files bigger than 490 megabytes from XBL.
Isn't the GTA IV expansion like a gigabyte in size?

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
They were getting ready to team up and make another Metal Gear. They were testing how well the exclamation points would look. They look swell guys. Nice going. -pats Bethesda's backs-

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Baby Tea said:
Malygris said:
The problem, according to Xbox Live Marketplace [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bethesda-fixing-the-pitt-for-xbox-360] file sizes apparently top out at 492.21 megabytes in size, while the PC update - which apparently went out successfully - comes in at roughly 682 megabytes.
Is this a typ-o?
I'm sure any 360 user will say how they downloaded files bigger then 490 megs.
I wondering if it should say 'The Xbox Live version weighted in at...' or something. Since it seems like, from the video, that things are missing (Hence the smaller file size).

Does that make sense?
Because, to me, that limit doesn't speak to my experience.
Exactly. Bethseda probably dropped the ball on this one.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Srsly said:
They were getting ready to team up and make another Metal Gear. They were testing how well the exclamation points would look. They look swell guys. Nice going. -pats Bethesda's backs-
Ha ha. You're now today's "my favorite person." Well done.

Jul 9, 2008
Well, it's a good thing for me that I'm not downloading any DLC until they all come out so I can have one massive, epic playthrough.

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
TheBluesader said:
Srsly said:
Ha ha. You're now today's "my favorite person." Well done.
I feel ever-so-honored, sir. -bows- I try. Not too hard, but I try.

Shadefyre

Mar 25, 2008
Actually, the exclamation marks were in both Morrowind and Oblivion for missing models/textures, though they were bright yellow back then.

On topic, this definitely sucks because I was totally looking forward to playing this all night. Oh well, Bethesda will get it fixed eventually.

sturryz

Nov 17, 2007
what went wrong? you didn't f@cking proof test your game Bethesda, you haven't fixed any of the versions of your game so they run stable. you've ignored your f@cking community and refuse to beta your games. i think thats what went wrong.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Hm. I'm away from the Xbox at the moment, hopefully it'll be fixed by the time I get back.

As it goes though, in my hundreds of hours of playing on both the 360 and PC versions, I've never seen the exclamation marks in Oblivion.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Srsly said:
I feel ever-so-honored, sir. -bows- I try. Not too hard, but I try.
Never try too hard. That's my motto. Spend about ten minutes on it, think about it for a bit longer, give it a go, and if it doesn't work, give up, or better yet, pay someone else to fix it.

Because trying hard is for...um...people who...

Yeah.

(Obviously not whoever uploaded The Pitt, that's who! Oh snap!)

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
THEY PULLED IT!?! Nooooo!!! I love gigantic red exclamation marks!

EDIT: This would happen to have any relation to EI having problems would it? I can't help but think "Conspiracy."

Ph0t0n1c Ph34r

Feb 25, 2009
SON OF A WHORE! Damn it. I was so looking forward to purchasing it, but I'm not going to give Todd Howard the satisfation of relaesing a half-assed attemp of a DLC. Bethesda generally makes good games, but they need to learn a thing or two about polishing and running bug sweeps.

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
TheBluesader said:
Never try too hard. That's my motto. Spend about ten minutes on it, think about it for a bit longer, give it a go, and if it doesn't work, give up, or better yet, pay someone else to fix it.

Yeah.

Oh man. I think you should call the waitress on that one cause Bethesda just got served. Bwahahaha!

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Srsly said:
TheBluesader said:

Yeah.

Oh man. I think you should call the waitress on that one cause Bethesda just got served. Bwahahaha!
I bet they're reading this right now, and they're like, "We are so stupid," and they're all crying and hating themselves, because they realize how awesome we are and how stupid they and all the people they know are!

We should so keep cyberbullying them until we go too far and the real cops get involved. That would be so sweet. People would think we were so cool.

Let's do it, homes.