The Pitt Launches to Bugs, Crashes on Xbox 360

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
TheBluesader said:
Srsly said:
TheBluesader said:
Never try too hard. That's my motto. Spend about ten minutes on it, think about it for a bit longer, give it a go, and if it doesn't work, give up, or better yet, pay someone else to fix it.

Because trying hard is for...um...people who...

Yeah.

(Obviously not whoever uploaded The Pitt, that's who! Oh snap!)
Oh man. I think you should call the waitress on that one cause Bethesda just got served. Bwahahaha!
I bet they're reading this right now, and they're like, "We are so stupid," and they're all crying and hating themselves, because they realize how awesome we are and how stupid they and all the people they know are!

We should so keep cyberbullying them until we go too far and the real cops get involved. That would be so sweet. People would think we were so cool.

Let's do it, homes.
Oh man, I'm totally down. I'll grab my cyber ski mask and we'll be up in this *****. I'm slightly worried about the cops. I've never been involved with the police. Unless you count my family members...

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Srsly said:
Oh man, I'm totally down. I'll grab my cyber ski mask and we'll be up in this *****. I'm slightly worried about the cops. I've never been involved with the police. Unless you count my family members...
I'll go get my cyberbalaclava and my cyberspraycan. Because when I'm cyberbullying someone, I like to spray cyberanarchist symbols all over their cybercrap. Not because I'm a cyberanarchist, but because it scares the cybernorms and makes me feel like a big cyberman.

Also, cyber.

Don't worry about the police. When we tell them how stupid Bethesda is, they'll actually turn around and arrest THEM.

(Seriously, though - they better fix The Pitt. I am so not even playing on that one.)

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
sturryz said:
what went wrong? you didn't f@cking proof test your game Bethesda, you haven't fixed any of the versions of your game so they run stable. you've ignored your f@cking community and refuse to beta your games. i think thats what went wrong.
I'm siding with this angry person.
Surely they must do extensive testing, even in-house testing, that would have caught this beforehand. If they glitches and bugs are as common as I have read they are, Im guessing that they could have caught it EASILY if they tried.

Bethesda dont have the best record for finding bugs/glitches. I should know, I had the PS3 version of Fallout3, which was so riddled with gamebreaking programming that I asked myself if they had even tested if the disc had any data on it before shipping it.

SP MeaslyBinkie

Aug 27, 2008
I hope they fix this before the week is out I rerented Fallout 3 from Blockbuster so I hope I don`t have to pay for a late fee...

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
Alright who let the supermutants have root access to Bethesda's servers?

This really sucks, get it fixed and don't let anyone from the wasteland touch it. Ever.

On a more serious note:

dammit I wanted to play this today :(

I yearn for my auto-axe, it would go perfect with my CSA and shocksword.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
To all the angry nuts out there cursing Bethesda: Shall I point out that the French version is still available for download?

Only the English version is bad. Which means it's not entirely Bethesda's fault.

The file is corrupted. That's nobody's fault. That shit happens. I doubt it'll take them very long to get it back up and running.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
notoriouslynx said:
needausername said:
At least the PS3 owners get something to laugh about.
Yeah, but they can just fix it up in a few days and we'll get it back. Plus we have the GTA4 DLC.
Fair enough you get the Fallout 3 DLC, but to be honest, I didn't like GTA IV, and so couldn't care less about which platform got the DLC for it...

gmer412

Feb 21, 2008
The Shade said:
To all the angry nuts out there cursing Bethesda: Shall I point out that the French version is still available for download?

Only the English version is bad. Which means it's not entirely Bethesda's fault.

The file is corrupted. That's nobody's fault. That shit happens. I doubt it'll take them very long to get it back up and running.
I was about to say this. Bethesda didn't release an unfinished game; something out of their control happened.

Nov 5, 2007
The Shade said:

Yeah, shame I'm not home or I'd just get the french one although I prefer english. But yeah, proves the ignorance of the people that take a shit on Bethesda. Can't you read an article or do you need moving images to understand ?

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Anyone know if this is JUST for 360? because i just bought the MS Points for my PC, and i'm not sure if i should DL it or not.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Agreed with the above few posters who have enough intelligence to read an article. Bethesda didn't mess this up, Microsoft did when they uploaded the English file. All the other versions of The Pitt for other locations or languages work fine, the English file was corrupted. It was supposed to be 620mb, it was 490mb, so there's quite a few resources missing. It sounds like it was an honest mistake, either the wrong version was uploaded to the Live servers, or the data was corrupted while uploading. Either way, I don't see it being fixed at least until the Live servers update tonight, which is usually between 12 and 2am PST when they have a chance to upload the correct version. And for all of you demanding a refund, are you just going to use that refund to re-download it when the fixed version comes out? Or are you going to swear off Bethesda forever, which quite a few people said they would do after Oblivion, or the horse armor, or Fallout 3, or Operation: Anchorage, which apparently didn't happen. Something happened out of Bethesda's control, and both parties are working on fixing it. Besides, you can call Microsofts Live tech support and they will refund your mspoints. It was a mistake, and you will be able to download the fixed version as soon as it comes out, because that's how Live works. Once you pay money/points for a file, you can download that file as many times as you want. Just grow up for a minute and realize that in the real world mistakes can happen, and the world doesn't owe you anything because of it. If they just said "Oh screw them, we'll leave the expansion broken and take all their money, and then laugh while having a hot tub orgy in our alabaster palace on make-believe island" then there would be a problem. They're working to fix it, you've waited at least an extra month for this probably slightly better than mediocre DC, a day or two isn't going to kill you.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
AkJay said:
Anyone know if this is JUST for 360? because i just bought the MS Points for my PC, and i'm not sure if i should DL it or not.
Yes, it appears to only be the English version of the The Pitt on Xbox Live. PC version is fine, as far as we know.

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Yeah, but the PC version works, right?
Okay, good.
Nyeh nyeh nyeh. That's what you get. Tryin' to play an FPS on a console...filthy heretics...
Hahaha thank you for this comment! Needless to say, I wholeheartedly agree!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I'm fighting the urge to make a crack about the inherent superiority of PC gaming...

But back to the point, as has been noted by others, dumping on Bethesda is missing the mark. This is a failure of the distribution system, not of the DLC itself. It sucks, yes, particular for people who took time off specifically to play it on launch day - but honestly, I think that given the natural twitchiness of DLC, if you can't be bothered to wait a few days to make sure all is well then you roll the dice and you takes your chances.