The Political Compass test!

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
You're all gonna want to hold your breath for this one.

Look at me breaking the mold. But in all honesty I really think this test has a strong bias, and I find it hard to believe that Obama and all democratic senators fall in the top right side of this chart.
consider myself to be pretty much aligned with the president on most issues yet according to this we're practically opposites.

Your Gaffer

Oct 10, 2012
nerd51075 said:
I have a pretty big problem with how many of these questions are worded. There is a very strong bias towards the left in the text of the questions. I also find the lack of a neutral option troubling.

Economic Left-Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41
A neutral option would be pointless! Also, if you saw a bias it was your own bias as these questions do not make value judgements at all, you are viewing them through your own values. Very interesting to see how people interpret the test.

Jordy Hartog

Oct 5, 2012
I seem to be with most of you guys (on the first page, anyway): http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=-3.75&soc=-4.97

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
I dunno how to post the image here, but I landed just a CENTIMETER from the center, pointing towards the lower left.

I always knew God rolled me up as True Neutral.

PlagueRat

Oct 29, 2008
Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77

Doesn't surprise me at all. And if I had my parents take this... oh how far the fruit fell from the tree. I'm blaming spontaneous wormholes considering that they'll probably be far right and in the blue

Magical029

Sep 5, 2011
Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56

Hmm. Would have thought more Authoritarian, but eh.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Cool now i know what to describe myself as next time an american asks me what my political affiliation is: im a left leaning libertarian!

Im -5.75 eco left/right and -3.79 in social authoritanian/libertarian leanings

NotALiberal

Jul 10, 2012
CrimsonBlaze said:
Pretty much where I thought I would have been. I'm liberal, but still strict on certain policies that I feel passionately about.
Wow, pretty much mine. I'm actually surprised at how "left" I am economically, but I thought I'd be more libertarian.

I suppose not supporting abortion unless it is life threatening killed my libertarianism.

EDIT

TKretts3

Jul 20, 2010

I actually took this exact test for a politics class a few months ago and it was somewhat different. It was still in the purple but my dot was only a tad below the X-Axis. Although I did predict that it would go down more towards Libertarian.

Also shouldn't this topic be in the Religion and Politics section?

EDIT: Am I the only one on the right...?

nerd51075

Jul 18, 2009
Your Gaffer said:
nerd51075 said:
I have a pretty big problem with how many of these questions are worded. There is a very strong bias towards the left in the text of the questions. I also find the lack of a neutral option troubling.

Economic Left-Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41
A neutral option would be pointless! Also, if you saw a bias it was your own bias as these questions do not make value judgements at all, you are viewing them through your own values. Very interesting to see how people interpret the test.
I see left-bias because of the particular wording, as many of the questions are worded in extreme ways, for example, one question asked "Because corporations cannot be trusted to protect the environment, they require regulation." The wording implies that corporations cannot be trusted to protect the environment, regardless of whether you agree that they need regulation, hence a leftward bias. The questions makes an assumption, and leads you towards a particular conclusion. That is the very definition of bias.

Tanner The Monotone

I'm Tired. What else is new?
Aug 25, 2010
Folji said:
Mine looks almost exactly the same as OP's, but I'm almost entirely certain that's just a coincidence!

I took this a long time ago.

It was .5 right and 0 up/down

I knew my political thinkings was like that of a robot.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
I'd post mine... but all I'd really have to do is quote any of the ones on the first page.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Yeah, doesn't surprise me the least.
Way too many like minded on the escapists, it seems.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I scored as Gandhi apparently...

Thought my ideas on gun ownership, euthanasia, and sterilization would had put me much closer to Stalin.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010

Gee guys, aren't we original? It's probably because of our age bracket.