The Political Compass test!

holacoaster

Apr 27, 2012
I think this makes me one of the farthest right people here...

Edit: right 0.12, libertarian -3.08

TwiZtah

Sep 22, 2011
I like how for USA, Barack Obama is on the extreme left. While he would be extreme extreme right in Sweden.

II2

Mar 13, 2010

No surprise, really. By others standards, I consider myself a left leaning political centrist with strong sense of value on individual liberty.

I guess I fit in here.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Ok, let me be original here

...NOT

There is some serious pattern here :)

TKretts3 said:
Oh look who we got here!

FELLOW ESCAPEES! Gather your pitchforks and torches, and unite into one lovely lynch mob.
Together we will wipe those pesky right wing Libertarians from the face of this website.
Today The Escapist, tomorrow your local cities, day after tomorrow the northern hemisphere and two days after tomorrow the world!
[Well EXCUSE ME for being realistic]

P.S. Sorry nothing personal against you, we just need a common enemy and you were closest thing to it. Because nothing unites people better than common enemy. And we need unite for Left-Libertarian revolution.
P.P.S. I'm not sure how it will happen, but if history lessons have thought me anything, then eventually there will be infighting between Conservatives (Right-Left-Authoritarian-Libertarians) and Radicals (Left-Left-Libertarian-Libertarians). And that will end up in total bloodshed. And those in the middle of these two camps most probably will be killed first.
Crap, I'm in the middle :(
FELLOW ESCAPEES! New plan. Pack your pitchforks, extinguish your torches and disband lynch mob. Revolution is being postponed till a better circumstances occurs.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Well, its where I kinda guessed I'd appear if not a little bit nearer the centre.

ddon

Jun 29, 2009
http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=-3.38&soc=-4.92
Well aren't I special. I wasn't expecting there to be so many left libertarians here.

TakeshiLive

Mar 8, 2012
I got the same result like everybody here, left wing-ish libertarian-ish. It cos most of us are probably from the same-ish demographic of the young internet using generation... like minded in the whole share and everyone has their rights and so on.

Also, check out the music ideology page, it's quite interesting to see what songs represent which quarter.

xorinite

Nov 19, 2010
Okay, apparently I am Ghandi.
Despite being in favour of all kinds of military actions.
This test is simply nonsense.
The Dali Lama is against authority?
He's a theocratic monarch, an authority by declaration and definition.
Mugabe is a collectivist, really?
In any case you can't expect much from such a simplification, but this one seems way off, trust me, I am not Ghandi, I am of the belief that failure to act with violence against evil is itself an act of evil, something Ghandi wouldn't support.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Vuliev said:

Huh, farther left economically than I thought.

Eclipse Dragon said:
It is a little discouraging isn't it?
It's also sad they're pretty much in the same area with only slight variation, which makes all the arguing seem so much more pointless.
Want something even more depressing? Here's the map of our senators by state:

Really drives home the whole "in America, there's the right, and then the extreme right" point.
"That which is different from me is evil" never rings more true than in political discussions. That, and I doubt the accuracy of that chart. There are extremely, openly liberal congressmen, who only occasionally vote across the line because they want to win re-election.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
holacoaster said:
I think this makes me one of the farthest right people here...

Edit: right 0.12, libertarian -3.08
Beware the flame war! I'm in the same boat, minus a few decimal points. We had best raise the walls and brace for the storm.

Vuliev

Jul 19, 2011
Nieroshai said:
That, and I doubt the accuracy of that chart. There are extremely, openly liberal congressmen, who only occasionally vote across the line because they want to win re-election.
This is a map of senators, not congressmen. And a handful of outliers in a body of 435 representatives isn't going to do anything besides throw leaves at a wall.

Nieroshai said:
"That which is different from me is evil" never rings more true than in political discussions.
So the fact that the political center of American politics is in the blue quadrant isn't a bad thing? There needs to be discussion, yes, but it needs to be in the actual center, not far to the right of it.

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011

Economic Left/Right: 0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69
What am I?
I think, I screwed up on the "morals without religion" question, too many negatives.
Edit:
TKretts3 said:

I actually took this exact test for a politics class a few months ago and it was somewhat different. It was still in the purple but my dot was only a tad below the X-Axis. Although I did predict that it would go down more towards Libertarian.

Also shouldn't this topic be in the Religion and Politics section?

EDIT: Am I the only one on the right...?
Right Wing, libertarians! Go team!

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
I can't remember what the political "left" and "right" represents, though I did cover it in History back in school, but here's where I'm at:

I'd vote for lib dems, but in this country they don't know their arse from their heads when it comes to defence or the EU, and they're pushovers too. Nick Clegg and his party's a joke.