The Portal 2 E3 Demo Will Give You a Headache

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
The whole Portal thing still seems like the only difficult thing to get my head around. The portal puzzles weren't terribly difficult, it was the platforming that provided the challenge.

Carboncrown

Oct 17, 2009
My love for GlaDoS is starting to reach unhealthy levels.

And bouncing looked crazy fun, makes me wonder if you can mix the gels.

[sub]WEEeeee-[/sub]

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
On the topic of the Excursion Funnel, inb4 OM NOM NOM.

It looks sweet. I have the feeling I'm going to end up wasting time messing with the physics.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
dfcrackhead said:
I hope this doesn't end up like Trine did in Yahtzee's review, there's a completely complicated solution, but if you just do the most simple, obvious things, it works just as well
Nah. If you've watched the developer commentary, the amount of work that went into level-design in the first one was phenomenal. Had every angle covered. I don't recall ever doing anything that felt 'cheap'.

No reason why it shouldn't happen again. I presume the team is the same, anyway..

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
the antithesis said:
So Wheatly is the new Companion Cube?
Pretty sure he's just one character. There are supposedly tons of other personality cores that you talk to. I bet there'll be an evil one as a boss!

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
I always thought Portal 1 was a bit too shallow, it's good that they're making it more complex.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Well this game is on its way from the want list to the need list. It only has to hold up until my fellow gamers review it. "I guess I haven't killed you yet...food for thought". I love GLaDoS, msounds are TF2 and GLaDoS, I need more!

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
I'm know that I'm going to feel really dumb playing portal 2. It will be like THATS HOW YOU SOLVE IT?!?!uuuggghhh brain is hurting

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Wow, I didn't think it was possible for that game to be more of a mindfuck than it already was. I can't wait to spend many an hour checking my physics books just to be sure reality hasn't collapsed in on itself because of the sheer awesome this game will bring to the table.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
That looks so good, and the writing and voice acting is once again astounding.

Oh wait, I haven't killed you ket. Huh, food for thought.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Well, I just watched the first due to wanting to play this kind of game spoiler free-ish, and it seems good, I guess.
Wasn't a major fan of the first, but this could be fun.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
GOD DAMNIT

I've been whining about the flood of sequels ever since the E3 started, and told myself I wouldn't allow myself to get all hyped up over a sequel.

And yet... I want it I want it I want it and I want it now!

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
I loved Portal, but I am pretty dimwitted so it took me about 12 hours to complete the original. I know, that is a lot longer than it took 99% of people.
Portal 2, really is scaring me shitless. I won't be able to do half of that stuff, ever.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Ah...umm...what? How can...What the...Nickelodeon goop...laser beam...huh?

I gotta go sit down, okay?

Solstrana91

Sep 4, 2004
igissx said:
Wow....as if GLaDoS couldnt get any cooler...she goes and makes a hair-raising return

No seriously, when GLaDoS starts speaking...i got goosebumps
You and me both mate. With the first video "It's been a long long time..."
I swear my hair went Super Saiyan.

OT: I want this game. NOW!

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
GLaDOS' last words in this demo were... beautiful :D
I'm so grateful her amazing wit is back. Also, Wheatley's line are quite fitting XD
cannot wait :D

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
HG131 said:
Valve, PLEASE STOP IT!!! The game comes out next year and it's already hard enough to wait!
Yeah, because Valve is so caring about it's fans and would never want them to wait an unnecessarily long time for a sequel. *rolls eyes*