The Portal 2 E3 Demo Will Give You a Headache

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
HG131 said:
Valve, PLEASE STOP IT!!! The game comes out next year and it's already hard enough to wait!
Yeah, because Valve is so caring about it's fans and would never want them to wait an unnecessarily long time for a sequel. *rolls eyes*
But they haven't hyped that game much, if any. Its not their fault that that game hypes itself way before its ever made.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Portal 2 is looking better every time I see it.

Fellows, we might have ourselves an excellent sequel for once.

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Get_A_Grip_ said:
I loved Portal, but I am pretty dimwitted so it took me about 12 hours to complete the original. I know, that is a lot longer than it took 99% of people.
Portal 2, really is scaring me shitless. I won't be able to do half of that stuff, ever.
Before Portal came out, the gameplay videos that were being released also made the game look fucking impossible. What made it possible was the brilliant pacing, which eased you in to certain concepts before making you use them on your own. Hopefully, Portal 2 will do the same kind of thing with all of it's tubes and gels and whatnot. As long as it doesn't turn in to a monotonous Here's this, try this, use this, repeat, kind of game, all of these new tools should be fantastic for the game

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
Ahhhh, commence with the brain-breaking, Valve. I await this wonderfully gooey, utterly intriguing, hideously complex game with absolutely no patience whatsoever.

I can't wait to see what's going to happen to the productivity of the industrialized world if this thing gets released on anything except a Friday.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
I have a strange feeling Valve is going to put some very well hidden secrets around the game using these new mechanics.

Like using the blue gel and jumping to places you aren't told to.

Or riding in one of those Diversity Vents to see where it takes you.

Oh dear, Valve is going to toy with us ever so much.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
That is just awesome. I wasn't really hyped about this game but now I'm gonna be all over it when it's released.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
prepare for giant influx of Portal memes in 3..2..1...

OT: I love the way Wheatly looks and sounds. And I also love how emotive those pods are without any limbs.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
Sooooo any word on Cave Johnson???
My bet is he's gonna be some computer you meet later in the game, or maybe him in person.

OR MAYBE HE WAS CONVERTED INTO A PERSONALITY CORE.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
HG131 said:
Valve, PLEASE STOP IT!!! The game comes out next year and it's already hard enough to wait!
Well, at least they're giving us some information about the game...

as opposed to being like Episode 3 which they won't even acknowledge.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Can't wait to play this. The new AI seems pretty cool as well. I can tell there's going to be lots of fun with all these new toys :)

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
similar.squirrel said:
No reason why it shouldn't happen again. I presume the team is the same, anyway..
Actually, the design team has grown in size. The original game was made by a grand total of 8 people. This one has 28 fully dedicated designers. Plus, via the Cabal system Valve uses in developing their titles, anyone from another project can help out or lend some content.

As psyched as I was at the prospect of seeing something about Episode 3 at E3 this year, and being rather disappointed in not, I can honestly say that seeing this game in development more than makes up for it. The first was absolute brilliance bordering on perfection. This sequel, based on what little we've seen, seems to indicate that Valve have figured out a way to improve on near-perfection. I'm ecstatic for this games release. Super nerdy, I know, but I don't care. ;)

Ih8pkmn said:
OT: I love the way Wheatly looks and sounds. And I also love how emotive those pods are without any limbs.
I noticed this as well. I couldn't believe the amount of emotion coming out of Wheatley and Glados, based solely on their movements and mannerisms. It seems Valve have REALLY stepped up skills of their animators.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Well I have to admit that was awesome. Going along with a new comic character and then ... guess who's back.

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
when i finally play Portal 2 it will be the best Headache followed by brain implosion i'll ever have