The Pun Thread

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Haven't seen one of these for a while, and they always brighten my day - you all know what time it is! Pun time!

I think that at first I'll pick my favourite pun topic to get us off the bat - aquatic puns, but as it gets rolling it can go whatever direction it chooses to.

Now, to get us started I'll roll out a couple of the oldest ones:

I know this may be neither the time nor the plaice for puns - and believe me, I'm worried that this thread will turn out to be a bit of a damp squid - but if you post in this thread...well, should you want anything from the Escapist Shop, algaet it for you[footnote]I will not be held to this promise.[/footnote]

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
The Diabolical Biz said:
...well, should you want anything from the Escapist Shop, algaet it for you.
I sea what you did there.

I'm sure the thread will do fine, you'll just have to wade and sea.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Tartarga said:
The Diabolical Biz said:

I can tell that you put your heart and sole into that pun...

But it floundered a bit, wouldn't you say?

Looks like the rest of the community is shrimping on a great opportunity! Ah well, can't be kelped.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
The Diabolical Biz said:
Tartarga said:
The Diabolical Biz said:

Looks like the rest of the community is shrimping on a great opportunity! Ah well, can't be kelped.
Are you really shore about that?

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
ZehMadScientist said:
The Diabolical Biz said:
Tartarga said:
The Diabolical Biz said:

Oh come come now - you're clearly just at-tench-un seeking. That pun lacked mussel, and, if I'm honest, didn't really seem to serve any porpoise.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
The Diabolical Biz said:
ZehMadScientist said:
The Diabolical Biz said:
Tartarga said:
The Diabolical Biz said:

Oh come come now - you're clearly just at-tench-un seeking. That pun lacked mussel, and, if I'm honest, didn't really seem to serve any porpoise.
I'm sorry, I can't brine today, I have the dumb.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
ZehMadScientist said:
It just feels like I'm giving you guys a dolphinitive schooling in punning right now...[footnote]Hey, it's starting to look like a double pun![/footnote]

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
The Diabolical Biz said:
ZehMadScientist said:
It just feels like I'm giving you guys a dolphinitive schooling in punning right now...[footnote]Hey, it's starting to look like a double pun![/footnote]
Whale you stop this already?

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
The Diabolical Biz said:
ZehMadScientist said:
Whale you stop this already?
A bit limpet, no? And maybe I'll stop, when you admit that all you've said up till now is...a load of old pollocks.
Cod help us all if this thread continues. I guess I'll just have to tuna out the worst puns and oyster couple of my own in instead. Anyway, I should scampi off to bed; I have to roe in the morning.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
AlAaraaf74 said:
Cow: You guys are utterly rediculous.
Start with the milk puns. I dairy you. Either way, if these puns are making you sour, I guess that it's fair enough - I'm being udderly ridiculous.
Melon Hunter said:
Cod help us all if this thread continues. I guess I'll just have to tuna out the worst puns and oyster couple of my own in instead. Anyway, I should scampi off to bed; I have to roe in the morning.
I don't know what you shelled out for these puns, but they were pretty solid. In fact I'd go so far as to suggest that salmon's got a bit too much time on their hands. 'You carp be serious', I imagine you'll say, but your lips will be sealed.

Either way, I've gone on too long. Should probably shut the duck up.

EDIT: Yo is the Escapist glitching out for anyone else? It's telling me I've made no posts and that I could make a baby panda cry.

And if I did something like that...well, I guess I'd be endanger of irritating a lot of people around here. (damn it I just can't help myself!)

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
The Diabolical Biz said:
AlAaraaf74 said:
Cow: You guys are utterly rediculous.
Start with the milk puns. I dairy you. Either way, if these puns are making you sour, I guess that it's fair enough - I'm being udderly ridiculous.
Melon Hunter said:
I don't know what you shelled out for these puns, but they were pretty solid. In fact I'd go so far as to suggest that salmon's got a bit too much time on their hands. 'You carp be serious', I imagine you'll say, but your lips will be sealed.

Either way, I've gone on too long. Should probably shut the duck up.
Oh deer cod, what have we done? Mammal puns too?

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
A Satanic Panda said:
I can't be stopped! When it comes to puns, I'm just a bully!

EDIT: In fact, I guess you could call me evil, or unbullievable! (Cookie for reference).

Rakun Man

Oct 18, 2009
A Satanic Panda said:
I know it may be hard to bear with, but I'm enjoying myself. If I said otherwise, I'd be a lion.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Oh, buoy! Sounds like pun. Some of these posts really krill. Now I have to fill out the captcha, so they know I'm not fishing. I don't know what they're talking a boat.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
So far this thread is very punny.

Anyone want to eat on the beach with me? I have a sandy eggo waffle if anyone wants it.