The Rarest Game You Ever Owned...EVAR1

Moose

Feb 7, 2012
A few years back I had a game for ps1 called Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat. I don't know how rare the game was but when I went to trade it in at my local game shop they didn't even have it on their system so they didn't know how much to give me for it.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Well, I am over 30 and have most US-released systems from 1983-on (I foolishly sold my Atari 2600 as a teen).

But just pulling a system out of my hat, I looked up PS games. According to that site, my "rarest" for the PS1 would be Tactics Ogre and Suikoden II. I'm too lazy to research further. lol

Nim

Apr 5, 2012
I have no idea if it's rare or just obscure, but: Bloodwings Pumpkinhead's Revenge. Oh, and Dracula: The Days of Gore.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
wookiee777 said:
Simple question: what is the rarest game you have ever owned in your whole life?

Mine is a fun little game for the Playstation 1 called "Norse by Norsewest" which was developed by Blizzard of all companies. Apparently it's pretty rare; I only found five copies on Ebay, but they weren't too expensive. I got mine from a local game store. I just wish the game had a proper case, I bought it in a cheap-o case the store put it in and moved it to a stronger jewel case.

EDIT: When I say "Rare" I'm referring to whatever this site says

http://www.rarityguide.com/priceguides.html

or things that have very few listing on sites like Ebay or Amazon (and games you made yourself don't count.)
Yeah, that's just a port of The Lost Vikings 2 with some updated graphics.

OT I guess the rarest game I own right now would be FTL, simply because not many people have had the chance to grab it yet.

Findlebob

Mar 24, 2011
Geth Reich said:
Findlebob said:
All the army men games on the ps1.
Remember the grimdark sequel Sarge's War for the PS2 where his heroes and everything he holds close to his plastic heart is blown up and he embarks on a epic journey of revenge?
Nope, never played them past the ps1.

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
Probably Kirby and the Crystal Shards for the N64. I guess it isn't super-rare, but it's rare enough that it's going for several hundred on auction websites.

wookiee777

Mar 5, 2012
Alcaste said:
According to that, we've got...

Megaman Legends 2, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, Final Fantasy VII, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II, Pokemon Crystal. Odd that MS-DOS/Windows games aren't on there (that I could find) otherwise I think my rarest game might be my old 5 1/4 inch floppies of X-Wing or my CD-ROM version (both of them) of Star Crusader.
I'm starting to wonder how accurate that site I posted is. Pokemon Crystal? Rare? My older sister has like four copies.

Brett Bowling

May 12, 2012
I have a feeling that my copy of Dark Rift for the N64 might be a prototype or bootleg cartridge since it doesn't have the US pattent numbers on the back and the fighters in the game all seem to only have one move. So it is either my rarest game or my worst game. I think it may be both.

hedges1001

Mar 17, 2010
hmmm in terms of actual print runs it has to be either my copy of mana khemia: alchemists of al revis (the pal version had a very small print run) or my eu collectors edition of persona 3 portable

Geth Reich

Sep 16, 2012
Findlebob said:
Geth Reich said:
Findlebob said:
All the army men games on the ps1.
Remember the grimdark sequel Sarge's War for the PS2 where his heroes and everything he holds close to his plastic heart is blown up and he embarks on a epic journey of revenge?
Nope, never played them past the ps1.
You didn't miss much, save for some bizarrely WW2 esqe city terrain and some laughably bad attempts at giving the setting some depth.

Ccrack

Jan 7, 2010
the legend of zelda windwaker, with the bonus disk haveing oot and master quest is apparently 93% rare? glad iv got 1 then

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Final Fantasy VII, with the spelling error on the box. Somehow that made it more valuable than you'd think it'd be after the case got cracked.

Hocked it five years back, saw it come up again at my local indie store. Owner shakes his head at me, I stand behind my general dislike of the game being enough to justify selling it.

...Crap, there's a lot of rare stuff I've traded/sold over the years...Got a feeling the rarest one currently in my collection is an old NES cartridge. Robodemons. Never played it since it came in a box of game-related miscellany from my uncle's place, but it's a blue cartridge from Color Dreams before they found Jesus, so it's gotta have some value to it.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence seems to be pretty rare.
Also I have a few limited editions, if those count.
And some rare PSP games as well.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
omega 616 said:
Well before the MGS HD collection came out, which totally destroyed this game.

I have MGS3, which I saw go for as much as £140 on ebay/amazon, and I saw a lot £40 -£80. I bought mine for £14, so I got a bit of a bargain.
Wait, you're joking, the original MGS3 is worth that much? Dayum. I have one of those.

Chrono Trigger cartridges go for I think ~$75, and I have it.
Digimon World.
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Aurora Firestorm said:
omega 616 said:
Well before the MGS HD collection came out, which totally destroyed this game.

I have MGS3, which I saw go for as much as £140 on ebay/amazon, and I saw a lot £40 -£80. I bought mine for £14, so I got a bit of a bargain.
Wait, you're joking, the original MGS3 is worth that much? Dayum. I have one of those.

Chrono Trigger cartridges go for I think ~$75, and I have it.

For the Zone of the Enders image up there, that's easy to get used at Gamestop, or it was when I went.
They're prices from before the HD collection though, I assume the price has dropped radically since then.

I was talking about the subsistence one, not the normal one ....