The REALLY Wild Wasteland. (The Fallout RP!)

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
"Yeah, we should be fine if we're friends!" Vikki beams, happy that Lucy had opened up to her and was willing to come with her to the Underworld and was actively going there too.

Another voice interrupted the sortie between the two woman, a muffled voice from a grey metal man.

YOU! Where the hell did you get that tech?! he shouted, pointing his weapon at Lucy directly. Vikki began to move in front of her friend, thinking that her skin might protect her a bit better than Lucy's would, but as soon as one of her muscles moved the man twitched his weapon over to Vikki, his aim fixed upon her head.

If you move freak, I'll take your head off your shoulders! he growled, quickly turning the rifle back at Lucy.

This guy isn't like the black metal men, he actually talks but he's just as evil, Vikki thinks to herself, trying to calm herself and assess the situation a tad better.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
William took another sip of whiskey and considered the bottle a write off, handing it over. He didn't have anything against not feral ghouls but thought they were, well most of them, unhygienic. He rolled his eyes but looked down so that the ghoul would not see.

"I'm almost certain I know which boss you're talking about, so come on, what is this oh so important message?"

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
"Yeah, we should be fine if we're friends!" Vikki looks openly happy and this brings a great sense of joy to Lucy.

She could use a friend and at The Underworld, she could at least go asking around about the attack. Traders talk, you know.

Besides, maybe I could help Vikki out along the way.

YOU! Where the hell did you get that tech?!

Lucy's thoughts were cut short by a muffled and aggressive shout. She turned to look at the figure pointing a weapon at her.

Grey armour, full helmet, energy weapon... "The Brotherhood of Steel" Lucy muttered just loud enough for Vikki to hear.

But in that moment, Vikki half-stepped in front of her. She's shielding me?

If you move freak, I'll take your head off your
shoulders!
the man was positively hostile towards her. Turning his weapon on her and then re-focussing on Lucy.

Lucy's mind raced rapidly. This guy got the drop on us, I may be quick with my rifle, but he already has his sights trained on me. He's talking to me, but it seems like he'll kill Vikki without hesitation.
Noting this, Lucy raises her hand and steps in front of Vikki instead. "We're not hostile! We're just passing through."

Notably pissed off at having her friend threatened and her Dad's weapon questioned. Lucy makes sure she's blocking Vikki as much as she could.

"And this?" Motioning towards her Gauss Rifle "It's a family heirloom!"
. Proceeding forward "You're Brotherhood, aren't you? Well we don't mean any harm...See? Neither of us have even remotely tried to attack you!"

Lucy hopes that diplomacy works in this case.

If things go to hell, Lucy knew she was quick and nimble. She could dive to the side in a roll, easily emerging with her rifle ready to fire at him. The torso would be an easy shot, it won't kill him, but her rifle will have enough force to severely incapacitate the guy.

But what about Vikki...

Contradiction

May 20, 2009
Sounds of rowdy brahmin outside eased Sully into wakefulness. In no rush his mind slowly emerged from the residual mires of sleep that were determined to stick against his conciousness. Still groggy he thought back on the past night. He hadn't done himself any favours with Dave he suspected instead being quite a rude guest. Determined to set things straight... or in his favour if he could help it, he rose and began packing his equipment.
Walking rested but far from fresh, he strode out into the courtyard to find the girl from last night surrounded by her siblings. Wearing worn clothes they milled around not doing much. Sympathetic Sully supposed that there wasn't much for a kid to do in the waste land he himself just started working when he was old enough, helping his tribe to get by. Looking around at the compound in the morning light all he could see were a few brahmin within the walls,not much to help with there, but the land around was just as desolate as any other dead chunk of wasteland, how had they managed to survive this long he wondered. Letting these thoughts recede he refocused his mind at the task at hand, fleecing Dave. As, if any of last nights conversation had taught him much it was that the only help Dave would have to offer was a clean meal because he certainly lacked information. Sully found his way into the presidential office and found Dave silting nonchalantly in his seat, not doing much of anything either... Sully really hated this place.
After curt greetings between the men Sully cleared his throat and began his drive, 'Alright Dave, from what I can tell the great republic could use some allies out in the waste yes?' Dave nodded after some though making sure to keep his face neutral. 'Well I think that a show of charity would be a great example of TRoD's kindness and more importantly their international policy'
'You do huh?' said Dave his reply taking a harder tone than David would have liked.
'Uhh... yes'
'Uhh no.' Dave said with such conviction that Sully gave up on any hope of help then and there. 'Instead' Dave continued, 'It seems to me that you stayed within the republic of Dave without sorting it out your papers and details with the immigration bureau first. Not something we look kindly on in the republic.'
'So' Sully mused heart sinking 'what does it take to have a charge like that over looked?'
'Not much' a now smiling Dave replied,'but there are tasks I haven' t gotten around to, if you do intend to repay our kindness'
'Or... right? or, you could use my services to further your voice in the waste land, Dave. Sure, I could be a pack mule for the republic, kill a few mole rats here or stamp out a death claw infestation there or the republic of Dave could gain an envoy to spread the knowledge of Dave'
Dave scoped Sully out from top to bottom as one would asses a dodgy brahmin. Finally his stern expression dropped into a small smile and the tension from before was forgotten in the wake of Dave's newest grand idea.

Strange sounds tore through the Steel and Tin homestead and the inhabitants of the proud sovereign state of Dave's Republic walked out like sheep in a herd enthralled by their own curiosity. Watching the Rosie and Jessica run out of the capital building set Dave and his newly anointed envoy on edge. Handing him the promised armour (a set of strange padding that seem to look unusually like the frame of a football uniform) 'Maybe you'll be called into service before you even leave for your mission to Canterbury' Dave laughed devoid of the dread that was quickly rising in Sully. There were to things that Sully was sure of, the first is that he heard a god awful sound outside and the second was that with old world technology like that there was either going to be a whole lot of annexing,a whole lot of blood or a whole lot tithes and tributes.
Rummaging through the messy duffel bag that he had packed with the hope of a quick exit, he almost thanked the distaste that Dave incited. Pulling out both his gun and his bat he strode out into the courtyard and watched as the craft he thought might be a vertibird hovered into a soft landing. Three beetle like men emerged from the ship strutting as though they had few cares in the world. They approached the fence now a feeble looking defence when compared to the humming machine behind them. Tearing his thought yet again from their musings he got down to the bare bones of the situations.

Dave may not be a slouch in a fight, there was a fair chance that he would have had to defend this hole with Bob, his son. The rest however, well, they were collateral or hostages or worse even entertainment. Not that Dave's important guests seemed to be expecting a fight, approaching rather arrogantly with their weapons holstered. Sully turned with what he hoped a sense of gravity and started, 'Dave you have to remove the women and children right-'
'Great President Dave!' crackled an almost robotic voice from one of the beetle men (Sully was unsure as to which).
Dave turned to them happily, the smug self serving smirk he'd seen during their question and answer session drew across his face. Dear god Sully thought to himself, he'd just eliminated tithes and annexing from Dave's diplomatic store of political stratagem.

What on earth could they want with this maniac anyhow?

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
Although he knew he wasn't welcome for long, Crawver made the most of the time he had in the small settlement. As he found out later, it was actually quite a hub for trading within the wasteland, regularly sending out trading caravans. He was even told that they had a travelling doctor, but the walrus was unfortunate in that he never got to see him. Not that he needed any more medical supplies, but that he might have been able to have a conversation with a man on his own level.

However, the trader he did get the pleasure of talking to was an...unusual man to say the least. Almost everything the man sold was a pile of scrap, and yet he insisted that business was good and he was in high demand. He did however raise the good point of 'one mans scrap is another mans' treasure'.

The walrus always did like meeting traveling traders, they always seemed to be the most accepting among the wastes, provided you have caps of course. After a brisk trading session, while his caps now felt a little lighter, he had come out with some materials to repair his platform on Udders, as well as a medical brace and some spare surgical tools. He reminded himself to at least give the implements a clean before he used them.

Once the trader had left, Crawver was starting to feel tired again. Feeling that he deserved to treat himself to make up for the past bad week, he stopped off by the diner to get a little snack, and then waddled his way to the communal sleeping area, leaving Udders tied up outside with her own dinner.

While he hadn't found himself a home, he had entered a new region full of people, his chances had improved dramatically in his own eyes. He made a mental note that he would make his way to 'D.C.' soon enough, provided no interruptions of course.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
-EDITOR'S REPORT-

Truth continues to be stranger than fiction, we've caught up with 'the catfish'.

Needless to say, it's not a catfish, but that doesn't mean to imply that it's human. Not at all.

It seems nothing is out of the question in the Wasteland.

What follows is an account of the evening's events, although words are limiting, such is the journalists' missing limb.

Soon after rousing me with his excited rambling, but more accurately the end of a crutch in the sternum, Abe led me to an open-air camp, somewhere within the commons, it was too dark with too few lanterns to really tell where.

...It is difficult to write this, this is just...I've seen a lot, too much in this job, okay? I've seen a yellow-skinned mutant, the size of a factory chimney wandering the Wasteland, I've seen whores that do business with half of their skin, I'm expected to believe that two-headed cows are fucking normal for christ's sake!

It's been 3 years since I left the Vault, and this...this is just too much.

A Walrus.

A Walrus, sleeping in a camp, wearing a fucking lab coat!

A fucking Walrus!

That's it, I'm sending this report in, and that's it. I fucking quit, Ron, I fucking quit. This is too much, this is too fucking much.
Send my caps to Megaton or something, I don't care.

Fuck Abe, fuck the Wasteland, and fuck this.

-Last known report ends-

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
"We're not hostile! We're just passing through."
. Proceeding forward "You're Brotherhood, aren't you? Well we don't mean any harm...See? \
[Perception]She seemed to be telling the truth about her lack of hostile intent, Frank relaxed slightly.
"And this?" Motioning towards her Gauss Rifle "It's a family heirloom!"
. Proceeding forward "You're Brotherhood, aren't you? Well we don't mean any harm...See? Neither of us have even remotely tried to attack you!"
[Intelligence]Her story seemed to follow, it appears she didn't steal any brotherhood tech, or attack anyone to obtain the gun.
Frank was about to holster his pistol when he heard a familiar noise...
Frank quickly whipped around and shot the eyebot that was spying on him.
"Damned Enclave! We have to move, we've made ourselves a target!"
"We have about two minutes before a Vertibird comes after us, they won't be sure of where we went, so we have to get away from here!"

Floris2123

Apr 26, 2011
Brandon saw the 2 dogs barking outside. Rex seemed to listen to them, Brandon looked around the cave when he heard it. Rex started barking, Brandon was spooked as he looked outside. He saw an patrol.. an enclave patrol! Brandon grabbed Rex as he closed his mouth as he crouched before him looking scared. "Please be silent... Or else they will kill us. You know murder us. end our lives. Please be silent." Brandon looked up as he saw that the enclave had heard the dog. Brandon grabbed his hunting revolver as he started to pray, he wasn't the religious type but who know maybe it would help.

It didn't. The enclave soldiers were moving towards the cave, they were still quite a long way off but they would be inside the cave in a few minutes. Brandon pointed to an secure spot in the cave. "You go there and don't make an sound." He waited for a minute and then he put away his gun and petted Rex. Brandon looked worried "Stay quiet and start close, and we might just survive this." Brandon walked outside, he acted to be surprised by the enclave patrol. "Hello there gentleman. Sorry about the barking it was just my dog who saw an mole rat. No need to be alarmed." Brandon was very happy right now that he wasn't wearing an power armor.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
This situation was already tense to begin with, but this was getting unbearable.

Lucy stood her ground and glared at the Brotherhood soldier. She could feel Vikki positively seething with anger behind her. "Keep calm Vikki" Lucy thought.

After what seemed like ages, even though it was mere moments of silence the Brotherhood soldier lowered his pistol, spun around and shot some sort of flying robot ball thingy.

"Damned Enclave! We have to move, we've made
ourselves a target!"

"We have about two minutes before a Vertibird
comes after us, they won't be sure of where we
went, so we have to get away from here!" Shouted the Brotherhood soldier.

"Enclave...the poster...those soldiers in black armour...dad's murder" Lucy's speculation started connecting the dots. She needed more proof. Rage grew inside her and turned into a cold demeanor.

Lucy readied her Gauss Rifle and nodded reassuringly at Vikki.

Lucy turned to the Brotherhood soldier and shouted "Look, I'll make this quick! I'm willing to trust you judging by your tone. But if I go with you, my friend here comes with me!"

"I would be glad to lend you some backup in the meantime, I'm an excellent shot with this rifle. I'll even explain myself when we're safe, but no threats against my friend here!"

Lucy gave the soldier a determined look "Deal?"

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
The man in front of Michael opened and closed his mouth several times, but no words came out. If Michael knew what a goldfish was he would probably compare the pale man's wordless mouthing to that. He then hung his head looking disappointed with how fruitless his endeavour to communicate with Michael was and started miming. He first pointed to himself, then made his hands look like they were speaking and then held his arms up and crossed them forming an X shape.

"You can't talk then? Well my name's" He paused for a moment to remember what it was, "Michael, that's it" He beamed "Michael Brown. Could you show me the way to Underworld then?"

>>>>>>>RECEIVING TRANSMISSION<<<<<<<​

Underworld is just choking with ghouls. Wasn't there some talk of this insanely-rich and well-protected ghoul of some great influence? Someone like that would know how to find the BoS, who in there to talk to, and what palms to grease to get what's needed.

>>>>>>>TRANSMISSION RECEIVED<<<<<<<​
>>>>>>>CHANGING MISSION PRIORITIES<<<<<<<​

MISSION STATEMENT:

1) Locate the Ghoul city Underworld.

2.) To locate the Brotherhood of Steel by order of the Enclave.

3.) To infiltrate the Brotherhood of Steel and spy on them, transmitting location details and operation data by order of the Enclave

SECRET ORDERS: To transmit footage and data, on all operations, to the Institute.​

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
-FOR ATTENTION OF PUBLISHER-

Ron,

Please forgive and disregard my latest submission; it's just the sun, and the Wasteland, it just GOT to me; you well know that I'm a Vault Dweller, I haven't adjusted too well to post-war conditions. Look, you're the Publisher, the Sheriff, the Grand Poobah, I can't be the first to lose it out here, I'm willing to bet you've seen it more than once. I know, I know, you made me the editor because it's a position of responsibility and that's a rare commodity these days, but I swear, Ron, that it's a one-off.

Regards,

Ed.

-EDITOR'S REPORT-

Consider the previous report non-canon; a hard enough kick in the head can keep a good man down, clearly the Wasteland can't kick hard enough: this reporter isn't out yet.

Abe and I are inside the diner, just waiting for the sun now; he's taken a seat in a corner booth, slouching into one side with the crutch in turn slouching onto him; in the shadow cast by the solitary battery lantern on the bar shows a doting sweetheart with a head on his shoulder, just a young couple like any other with nothing to do but watch life seep away.

He's decanted some of his flask into a small dish, and he periodically lifts it to his mouth, sometimes he leans over to lap at it; it's a thick, syrupy liquid that seemingly refuses to reflect the lantern's warmth; a dense mass from which no light escapes. Those were the days...
He doesn't speak, but something has put him into a state of alertness altogether unexpected (more on that later), drumming his ragged fingers on the table - recognisable rhythms, strict 4/4, Abe continues to refuse to be predictable - and throwing glances across the street.

I should elaborate on the evening's events with a clearer head. I've come to accept a few things, and one of those things is that there's a Walrus in Canterbury Commons, I'm working on the rest. I well up with terror and laughter whenever I write it.

A Walrus.

But this is why I'm out here in the field. Nothing's impossible, not anymore.

Anyway, it's simple to deduce that this was the 'catfish' that Abe's been raving about, 'big tiger' he's named it; there were tapes, back in the vault; local folklore documented by gumshoe reporters, the lake creatures, the one that got away; maybe Abe's got a score to settle with himself.

To be completely transparent with my audience, as is the duty of all reporters, upon sighting the Walrus

Walrus.

There it is again.

Upon sighting the...catfish...I was. Indisposed. So to speak.
But not Abe, everything had gone dead, and only the gentle click-pad of his step remained. He had taken a bottle of 'shine from the crate, and carried it awkwardly in his armpit. Steadying himself against the camp fence, he gradually came to crouch on his good haunch, his other leg painfully bent beneath his meagre mass. I saw him rummage in the beast's pack.

It had a pack. The Walrus. The Walrus in a lab coat.

Eventually, he returned without the 'shine; addressing me directly again he said, "that's him, that's big tiger, mah grandaddy couldn' catchim, mah daddy couldn't catch 'I'm, n' I ain't gon' catch 'im yet, y'gotta find out if a fish done wanna be kitched, gotta spend a lotta time on the water, wouldn' be the man I ams today f'it weren't fer the time on the water..."

then, he added, "the rain. the rain don't stop comin' 'til the lady come home."

In his...unique...way, that meant something. To me. The lady never comes home, the rain won't stop. So we have to live in the rain, and the rain isn't so bad, we just need to built our levees higher and get used to being wet.

We wandered back over to the diner for some food; more bad news, I found the tender slumped behind the bar, glassy-eyed. Not dead, somehow, his breath was condensing on the glass still at his lips. He seems to be trying to speak, but we can't help him, another reminder that we haven't got Abe's pills or a doctor, not even any Jet, and a man has to be desperate to turn to the Jet. Apparently a medical caravan comes through the town regularly, seems we rolled in when the tide was out. Abe's been muttering about his leg, he says it'll get heavy soon, among...other things.

A half empty bottle of 'shine stands darkly on the bar; it's the same batch, if it does that to a man, then a Walrus?

There it is again.

A Walrus.

In a Lab Coat.

I...we need to move soon.

- Sunrise

I postulate to Abe that we move out, but he responds simply, "not yet, wait for the fishy. I wanna know if he liked Abe's gift. Folks like Abe's gifts, sometimes they up n' give Abe somethin' back; n' if I needs anythin' now, it's somethin'."

I'll comply with his wishes, but I dread to think of the day ahead without a doctor. Not just for Abe's sake.

-Report ends

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
#43 cut him lose. Flash slid off and plopped to the ground with an audible thud. His face was now covered in both his own blood and dirt. He could hear his own heart beat due to how near death he was. "You guys finally came! I knew you would come for me. You can't make a Superhero league without me!" Without saying a word #43 began leading the cow back to the helicopter. "You know Enclave is kind of an ominious name for a superhero group. You need something like TEAM LIBERTY or FREEDOM'S EAGLES or THE JUSTICE TEAM, or better yet, LIBERTY FREEDOM EAGLES TEAM OF JUSTICE. Also you guys didn't put where you are located on the posters. How is anyone supposed to find you?" The entrance to the vertabird began to close. "Where are you guys going? Oh I see your just going to drop off the Brahmin and comeback for me. When you get back i'll tell you about why i feel like there should be more individuality in the costumes!" The door shut and the Vertabird took off into the distance. Barry walked towards it and shouted, "Don't worry guys! I'll wait right here!!!"

Flash looked at what remained of the raiders. He took back his bag and pulled out three out of six of his stimpacks and injected himself. He sat down and looked up at the sky with a big childlike grin across his face. They had to come back? Didn't they?

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
The walrus stretched, yawning.

Life was going well for him now. Relatively speaking, of course, but he hadn't been shot at for a good few days now, and was able to find a place to eat and rest his head. Still, wouldn't want to outstay his welcome. He decided it was time to move on now, but made sure he'll keep a mental note of this place. A fallback plan was never a bad idea.

He pulled himself up, smacking his lips lightly. Thirsty. He hated the hot weather, always made him thirsty. He opened his pack, rummaging through it to find one of his flasks of water. His flipper found its' way to one. Pulling it out, he unscrewed the cap.

He had already downed half of it before he realized it tasted off.

"What the...why does this taste so bad? No-one's touched my pack recently..." The walrus just sat there, trying to think why it tasted like it did. It didn't taste contaminated, more just thick. It was then that his head started to spin, and he found himself learning over. He let out a loud belch.

"Wha...what's happening?" With his best efforts, he managed to set himself level again, but his mind was finding it harder and harder to comprehend what was happening. He clumsily set himself up, and stumbled out of the tent, knocking one of the townsfolk over.

"S...sorry there." He continued to stumble, not even sure where he was going now. Maybe Udders would know what was wrong.

"Udders!" He cried "Udders! Where are you?" He managed to stumble through a tent or two before finding his companion. He thrust the container, of which almost all of its' contents had been spilled, in front of the brahmin.

"Uddfurs, wh...what did ya do to my water? Silly cow." To his surprise, the brahmin spoke back to him.

"Well dr, we thought you weren't having enough fun, so we took the liberty of making sure you'll relax. We do hope you don't mind." The walrus just laughed a little.

"A...A talking brahmin...hah."

And with that he fell over backwards, hitting the ground unconscious.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
So, he wanted to go to underworld then? Well, he hadn't shot at him or even drawn a gun. Hell, he'd been rather pleasant all things considered. Kind of strange but you meet all sorts. Frankly, Fishspear was extremely happy to have met such an amiable guy and was glad that he could help him. Of course, that hat was tempting...

He nodded. He could take this man to underworld. But...Fishspear pointed at Michael's hat. He hoped Michael'd get the idea. It seemed like a fair exchange to him.

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
The mute pointed at Michael's hat, he obviously wanted it as payment for guiding him to Underworld, but he had become rather fond of it during the last 257 days and wasn't eager to part with it. But he didn't have anything else he could barter, nor any caps to give him for his services.

"Fine, you can have my hat" He said begrudgingly.

He might find another in Underworld, but it was unlikely.

"Do you have a name? Can you write?"

It was a long shot, the wasteland wasn't known for it's staggering literacy rates, he had learned to read during his Brotherhood training, but this man was probably just a common wastelander.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Fishspear took the hat and examined it closely. He finally gave an approving look and stuffed it in his pack with his others.

"Do you have a name? Can you write it?"

Fishspear didn't really have a name in the traditional sense. He referred to himself as such but considering he couldn't communicate it he wasn't really sure why. He shook his head.

He thought for a moment about how to get to underworld and mapped it out in his head. It wasn't too far but they'd need to take a metro tunnel if they didn't want to walk around. Mentally deciding on an apropriate route Fishspear beckoned to Michael and started heading futher into D.C., the Washington Monument providing a good landmark.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
"Look, I'll make this quick! I'm willing to trust you judging by your tone. But if I go with you, my friend here comes with me!"

"I would be glad to lend you some backup in the meantime, I'm an excellent shot with this rifle. I'll even explain myself when we're safe, but no threats against my friend here!"

"Sure, whatever; let's move unless you want to be a pile of goo or ash."
"We've got four options: The Supermarket which is crawling with raiders, the Anchorage Memorial which is crawling with Mirelurks, the Metro which is crawling with who-knows what, and Dukov's place which is crawling with skeez."
"Pick something, and let's go!"

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"...silent... kill us. You... us... silent."

Rex recoiled. He had assumed wrong!

Brandon pulled his revolver and looked outside. After a moment, he pointed back into the cave. "You go there..." Rex slunk into the corner feeling very ashamed and worried. He wanted to whimper, but stopped himself.

Quickly, Brandon put the gun away. "Stay quiet... stay close... we..." Rex put his head down and slowly followed Brandon out of the cave. Outside, there were armor-men. The armor was all wrong - it was darker and more triangular. He must have attracted enemies!

"Hello... Sorry... my dog... mole rat. No..."

Mole rat? What mole rat? How did mole rats fit into this?! Confused again, Rex crouched on his haunches and waited for something to happen.

LFC Scouser

The Fifteenth Arcana
Jun 7, 2010
Seeing the ominous message written in what appeared to be blood Gig was feeling sufficiently creeped out. "Don't what" he pondered it probably meant not to go inside the vault. If someone wrote out a message in blood before they died there must have been a good reason to not go inside. Just as he decided not to he saw something that completely terrified him. What looked like a small army of armored soldiers were patrolling and there was nowhere to hide inside the cave. Thinking quickly he slammed open the vault controls, the noise made alerted the soldiers who upon closer inspection appeared to be wearing Enclave Power Armor. Gig ran into the vault and hit the close mechanism. As the door was shutting and the Enclave at the mouth of the cave he shot the controls on the outside of the vault just before the door closed. Breathing heavily Gig slumps against the inside of the vault door, on the other side he could faintly hear cursing coming from who he assumed was the commanding officer. He was just relieved his luck had held out and that Power Armor did not make anyone faster. When he looked up from where he was positioned he could only think of one thing. "What the Hell!"

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
OOC: I said I'd be doing this.

IC>>>>>

What Lucas and Marlon found was a rather husky super mutant...and he'd ralphed all over the hood of Marlon's car. He was teetering around, looking dizzy and even sick. Sick? This orange-skinned monstrosity could eat hard radiation for breakfast and human flesh for lunch! What in god's name could make HIM feel bad? Well, there was the muttering...

"Bubbly bubbly brrreeewww... Mon candard est en feu... Ooohhh whooo hoo hoo...!"

Okay, more like caterwauling, but it just goes to show that this boy was screwed up. Looked like a tough mutant overall, assault rifle on his back. What the hell was up with him?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"I'm almost certain I know which boss you're talking about, so come on, what is this oh so important message?"

The ghoul just glared at William for a moment, then said...

"How should I know? He paid me not to read it."

With that, he handed over a sealed envelope - using a wax seal that had the letters 'GG' enscribed on it, for...gentleman ghoul - and then started to walk off.

"Later, smoothskins."

Upon reading the message, whenever he actually felt like doing so, he would see the following...

To my dear colleague William Knight,

As I'm sure you're no doubt aware, there is a growing presence of the Enclave in these areas once more. I have seen their actions over the years and can assure you that no good can come of it. Back before the war, I had heard rumors of Vault-Tec being a front for an organization, that they have been manipulating this country from the start. I could never prove it, of course, but enough circumstantial evidence led me to take measures and that led me to become the man - or should I say ghoul - I am today. That being the case, we cannot trust these people, and especially those who are like me have much to be concerned about. Even though they seem to be recruiting, their firm hatred of ghouls and super mutants remains unchanged. For the sake of all ghoul-kind, and that of a large payment for services rendered, I would ask that you meet me in the Underworld to discuss a favor worth a king's ransom...which as I said I would certainly pay for.

Yours Willingly,
Mr. Morgan Bloom

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#86: Great President Dave! The Enclave greets you and your Republic!

Sully was bearing witness to...a terrifying moment in time. He could see that this was trouble, big trouble. He could see it clearly, but Dave was being propositioned by a rather silver-tongued and diplomatically-gifted (or manipulative) member of the Enclave, buttering him up with false compliments.

Dave: The Enclave? I remember hearing that name quite a while ago, on the radio. It's hard to be sure what the Republic of Dave should think of you, though. You claimed to be owner of the land, and would not acknowledge our own independence from the world.

#86: That's an oversight of the old regime. Before the war, this land was a united group of small states that ran themselves and banded together in common cause. And we come here for the benefit of all Dave-kind. Our commander has taken special interest in the Republic of Dave, and wishes to protect the land with an alliance between our organization and your people.

Dave: My citizens, you mean.

#86: Exactly!

Dave: Just what is it that you men propose to do? What does your commander have planned?

The three of them looked at each other, and then said "Become citizens of Dave!". This...was gonna be a long day.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

EYEBOT-43545 REPORTING.....

Brotherhood of Steel Paladin sighted.
Coordinates transmitted.
Observation continues.

END OF LINE.

The display beeped at him until he paid attention to it. Still photos of a BoS member and coordinates were given. Looking at it, the pilot began to alter his course. It may seem petty to take down one Paladin with a vertibird, but they did make fools of the previous group. May as well send a few messages. Frank and compan would be getting more company soon.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The patrol of Enclave soldiers paused when they heard a dog howling right at them, or so it seemed. Night vision determined that there was a more domesticated dog along with a man. When they walked on over, the man came to greet them in a fairly jovial manner.

"Hello there gentleman. Sorry about the barking it was just my dog who saw an mole rat. No need to be alarmed."

#107: Alarmed! Because of your dog, we'll never reach the settlement in time to stop those raiders from killing everybody! Oh, what cruel fate this life be!

There was a good three seconds before they all busted out laughing.

#107: Nah, we're just on fucking patrol, long stretches of boring with sporatic excitement in the form of shooting anything that attacks.

Now, he looked him over.

#107: You're a sturdy lad. Why not join up and settle into metal? Your chances of survival go WAY UP in an Enclave powersuit. Nothing nearly as powerful.

Uh...oh...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah, they left Barry in the dust, so to speak. And as they were flying...

#109: Who was that crazy bastard? He was dressed like a superhero and talking justice all the time.

#43: Wouldn't be the first time. I assume you boys read the report on 'The Mechanist'.

#57: Yeah, yeah... One thing that cuckoo had right, though. We have an image problem.

"Considering that the Enclave was suppose to stand for many as one, I would think that subtleties were just lost on him."

What the...? Holy shit, that was Number One on their receivers!

#43: Uhhh, sir? Have...you been listening in?

"Of course, I have. I have that right as your base commander, and certainly NOW as your main leader. I have an order for you now... Turn around and educate the crazy man about the Enclave, doing so in a manner that appears to be for great justice. He will sow the seeds of confusion among the masses and even fight for us."

#57: Sir, is that wise? He's a wastelander with delusions of granduer and super power.

"I fail to see the problem, as I have such people as FalloutBob underneath my command."

Oh. Right. Yeah, they couldn't forget about Bob. Bob tended to be a bullet train running headlong into derailment and crushing everything in his path, but was also among the mightiest in their organization, so much so that in the new regime where all are known by numbers, he is one of the few who earned the use of their names, names like: Cornelius Jack, Roberto Malcontente' The 3rd, David Davidson, and more. The vertibird actuallt did turn around and land. It opened up nearby Barry and #43 waved at him.

#43: If you're that serious about great justice, get in here.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

People began to notice that there was a passed-out walrus on the ground. What the HELL just happened here? Of course, probably nobody noticed that his drink had been tampered with, but they were gonna find out of anyone took a sniff of that stuff. That said, Dr. Crawver's mind was probably taking a trip through La-La Land... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2sKH8yjVsM]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fishspear and Michael would have to get moving soon, because this WAS the DC ruins, and you know what they have there!

"I smell tastey hoo-mans..."

One mutant, thus far, carrying a nailbat. However, he could bring more trouble, easily

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And what was behind Door #1 after having avoided an Enclave patrol? Well, Gig, you win a lifetime's supply of...

[HEADING=2]"GARY!!"[/HEADING]

There was a large group of identical men standing there with Vault Suits on. They seemed quite pleased to see him, actually. Well, for now. What...the hell was going on?!