The REALLY Wild Wasteland. (The Fallout RP!)

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
712
0
0
"We've got four options: The Supermarket which
is crawling with raiders, the Anchorage Memorial
which is crawling with Mirelurks, the Metro
which is crawling with who-knows what, and
Dukov's place which is crawling with skeez."
"Pick something, and let's go!"

"Running from one possible firefight into another doesn't seem wise at this point." Lucy replied "Like you said, the Enclave is a much bigger concern at this point. So let's go to Dukov's place, I'm sure we can contain the situation easier there"

"So let's go!"

Lucy nodded to Vikki, opened her bag behind her back, just wide enough not to fall out but wide-enough for a nimble finger or two to grab, for easy reach to ammo for her Gauss Rifle and jogged up to the Brotherhood soldier.
 

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
1,490
0
41
Dudley reacted in surprise, almost falling off of his bike when a gruff voice called out to him. He quickly grabbed his axe and looked over, in case it was a threat, but judging by the clothing on the ghoul and the fact that the guards hadn't shot him full of holes yet, he was in the clear. A grin cracked over his face at the sight of the voice belonging to a ghoul, as they were one of his favorite types of people.

"Heh, yeah, I got a bum battery. Hopin' Flak an' Shrapnel got a few micro fusion cells so I can charge this sucker up."

He leaned against the seat and crossed his arms, eying all the guards around him.

"So, judgin' by the duds and all th' mercs, I take it you're some sort'a rich guy, am I right? What do ya want with Rivet City? I'd think ya'd want Tenpenny Towers. Heard ol' Dashwood's still there..."
 

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
3,623
0
0
Apologies, I got swamped yesterday, hence my lack of posting!

"Wait, just let me get my bike!" Vikki shouts, quickly clambering up the rubble she was previously on top of and dragging the bike down the small hill.

"This should be useful," she grins to both of her companions, deciding to trust the steel man since Lucy did, as she unzipped the bag on the side of the bike, revealing a pile of various energy cells held within it.

"Just in case ya know?" she smiles thinly, pulling her gun from its holster before nodding to Lucy once more, "I'm ready to leave when you are now."

We'll be slaughtered if they appear, my cousins couldn't do anything, she thinks sadly, her grip tightening on the grip of the submachine gun and holding the bike against herself with her free hand.
 

Floris2123

New member
Apr 26, 2011
991
0
0
"Alarmed! Because of your dog, we'll never reach the settlement in time to stop those raiders from killing everybody! Oh, what cruel fate this life be!" Brandon face changed to mild shock. They are kidding right? but 3 seconds laughter they all started laughing. Brandon looked very relieved. "Nah, we're just on fucking patrol, long stretches of boring with sporatic excitement in the form of shooting anything that attacks."

The enclave soldier then looked at him like he was looking at the worth of some kind of meat. Brandon felt very uncomfortable. He still urged Rex to stand down fighting 3 enclave solider from this range was suicide. You're a sturdy lad. Why not join up and settle into metal? Your chances of survival go WAY UP in an Enclave powersuit. Nothing nearly as powerful. Brandon was afraid that this might come. And walking away from these guys was not something you could do. He had to talk his way out of here. "Well I have considered it, but before I will join the enclave I have some things from my past to take care off. You see I used to gamble quite a bit and lose even more, and I have finally earned the money back. So I am going to pay my debts off first before joining the enclave. You know starting with an clean sheet and all that." He looked a bit sad while saying this.

"Well anyway I think it is about time for me to go, I still have quite some places to go to pay off my debts. But you boys keep fighting the good fight. I might even see you again one day when I am also wearing such an armor." Brandon smiled at them as he turned around. He urged Rex to follow him, he was still afraid that the Enclave would stop him and demand him to put one on now.
 

Contradiction

New member
May 20, 2009
123
0
0
'Great President Dave! The Enclave greets you and your Republic!'

'The Enclave? I remember hearing that name quite a while ago, on the radio. It's hard to be sure what the Republic of Dave should think of you, though. You claimed to be

owner of the land, and would not acknowledge our own independence from the world.'

'That was an oversight of the old regime-'

Fuck... The beetles, or as he now come to know them the enclave, were smarter than he had wanted.
They were playing Dave just right. Tickling his ego and dancing around his insecurities. Stiff rows of hair began to stand up in a concerned Mexican wave, he really didn't think that someone who buzzed in nonchalantly with amazing old world tech could be serious about what they said, nor would they waste time and energy on something stupid like messing with Dave's head there had to be sinister intent. Not that, he now considered it would all bad for Dave if he stayed as compliant as he was now but Sully the newly promoted envoy (what timing) didn't want to get roped in with these idiots. Placated though Dave was for now it didn't eliminate the chance of a confrontation later. Spining on his heels he turned from his place at the front of the crowd with Dave and Bob back to the women and children, trying gage their reactions as well. The only one who looked remotely as concerned as they should was Rosie. She'd always seemed just a little bit sanner than everyone else here to him, and as he was recently 'briefed' by Dave, had been the sole provider of food and trade in the republic until a few months ago. 'Perhaps... The kids should play inside for awhile... it would be rude to crowd these nice new visitors wouldn't it?' he pleaded giving here a steady and stern look to drive his point home. Shuffling with frustration at being denied their spectacle, the crowd dispersed quickly enough into the two bunk houses.
Vaguely aware of the talk of Sully turned back to the beattles to catch the last of their declaration.

'-interest in the Republic of Dave, and wishes to protect the land with an alliance between our organization and your people'

Deep...

'My citizens, you mean.'

Sinking...

'Exactly!'

Feeling...

'Just what is it that you men propose to do? What does your commander have planned?'

The three of them looked at each other, and then said "Become citizens of Dave!".

This...was gonna be a long day. Worse Sully knew it was entirely his fault. If he'd just woken earlier or... or decided to cut losses and leave without trying to wheel a deal with Dave...Actually that was a good lesson. It was time to cut loses. Clearing his conscious with a twinge of guilt for Dave's poor old family he announced, 'Well Dave, it looks like my diplomatic services won't be needed at all. Your Dave-ness continues to astound. You just went and found new powerful allies before I could even drag myself onto the road.' Dave looked quizzically at him still obviously enamored with all the respect and compliments. Making sure not to invite his input put Sully continued 'As such think I'll head onto Canterbury anyway see if I can't form other alliances eh?' Resisting the dual urges to heft his bat up across his shoulder ready for a fight and the urge to bolt out towards the highway he knew was to the east leaving all these loons in the dust he strolled toward the gate which Dave had so kindly opened for the enclave. Wishing that he could see the expressions of the enclave soldiers he pushed past he made his way out left the compound still tense noting the enclave soldiers had turned to watching him now. The snaked tounged leader of theirs raised a hand at him as if to stop. Squeezing his eyes together and pushing his luck he kept walking hoping they'd just let it go. No such luck.
'Halt! You are a civil servant of our new ally the Republic are you not?' Sully's hands skulked back down to the sides of his loosened pants careful not to disrupt either the hem of the shirt concealing or the waist band supporting his hidden ACP. Seriously though what kind of luck was this? 'If Dave allows it we might reprimand you as a show of good faith to the Republic' the beetle face prick sneered, he must have been sneering helmet be damned Sully could hear it.
Dave sat knocked senseless by all the responsibility and authority before him. He looked thoughtfully of into the distance mulling it over in what would have been a hilarious and comic fashion on a holodisc drama... This wasn't a holodisc damn it!
Scanning the area for escape routes as discreetly as he could he was met with the flat, barren wastes he knew would be there. Well flat and barren everywhere other than the hole he'd left and the still manned vertibird idling along casually.

If this was karma he had no idea what he'd done to earn it. Was it the boy he'd watched Ule kill all those years ago? If it was it he thought that it was about time the wasteland gave that shtick up and forgave him already. Resigned to his seat amongst the rock and hard place he supposed that if this was a bad turn there must surely be a good one floating around somewhere. Surely!
 

wilcoblackflame

New member
Mar 15, 2012
163
0
0
"Oh you son of a *****." Marlon hissed, glaring at the mutant with barely concealed fury. He half turned towards Simms, keeping his eye on the mutant and reaching one hand slowly towards his laser rifle.

"Say sheriff, I don't rightly know what your policy on the big muties is, but that big ol' sack of rads looks to me like he's outta his goddamn mind." He smiled. "If you want that freak to disappear, just say the word..." The smile widened just a little bit.

"I'd be happy to turn that creep to ash." The biggest upside of all of this, aside from a little retribution for the car, heavy handed and disproportionate though it may be, is that it'd be a prime opportunity to demonstrate the kind of tech you could expect to buy from the Van Graff family. Mama always said it never hurt to advertise.

By now he had the laser rifle in his hands and was quietly looking down the barrel at the mutant.

"Just say the word sheriff....Just say the word. Maybe before he decides to use that rifle?"
 

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
712
0
0
"Wait, just let me get my bike!" Vikki's voice rang out.

I figured the bike belonged to her.

Lucy walked over to Vikki in case she needed help, using this opportunity to get out of earshot of the Brotherhood guy. She proceeded to whisper to Vikki while Lucy pretended to inspect the bike "Look, Vikki, I'm sorry about that guy and I don't like this any more than you do." "That guy is Brotherhood of Steel, they have a massive hard-on for pre-war tech and a racist attitude"

Lucy's expression darkened for a moment but rose with a reassuring smile. "Judging by his urgency, we can trust him and get some answers when we're safe. Besides, an extra set of eyes will help"

Before Lucy turned around, she said one last thing to Vikki before smiling " I won't forget how you tried to protect me earlier. I got your back first and foremost, V."

When Vikki was done, Lucy turned to the Brotherood soldier "We're all good here, Let's get to Dukov's Place, it's just behind Anchorage memorial if I remember it right."
 

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
742
0
0
William finished reading the letter, it looked genuine, Bloom's seal, his handwriting and his obvious incentive of large amounts of money. William also noted that Morgan Bloom spent most of the letter writing about himself until any details of actual work needed doing, then it became 'we'. Still, at least Bloom bothered to be polite.

William wanted to investigate the Enclave, now he had a lead, 'Underworld, can't get there on the bike, I'll have to leave it on the outskirts and walk in. Underworld, it would be nice to see Sydney again. It shouldn't be too hard to remember the way in, what about Tom Nevets?'

"Tom, something has come up and now I'm definitely going to be heading for DC, I know you wanted to stay away but if you change your mind, I will have headed for Underworld. It's a ghoul town and you won't have much trouble finding it if you ask around, I set off in the morning."
 

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
10,313
0
0
"Running from one possible firefight into another doesn't seem wise at this point." Lucy replied "Like you said, the Enclave is a much bigger concern at this point. So let's go to Dukov's place, I'm sure we can contain the situation easier there"

"So let's go!"

"Wait, just let me get my bike!" Vikki shouts, quickly clambering up the rubble she was previously on top of and dragging the bike down the small hill.

"We're all good here, Let's get to Dukov's Place, it's just behind Anchorage memorial if I remember it right."
The choice of Dukov's place slightly displeased Frank, as he would rather just slaughter the market full of raiders, stay the night at a place that had ample supplies and bedding, then move on to Megaton which was in that direction anyways. Especially since there were rumors of a Van Graff trying to set up shop there, and those guys are never a good thing.
Besides; Dukov had gotten a lot weirder since Cherry ran out on him, but he'd prefer to maintain the trust of these girls, as they warranted investigation.
He ran off with rather startling speed for someone wearing power armor.
"Keep up with me if you can!"
 

TheBlueShotgun0

New member
Dec 20, 2011
315
0
0
Tom couldn't imagine why William would want to go to DC, but he assumed it was a personal matter, and Tom wouldn't ask. On the positive side, if Tom ever found himself in DC, he would have a friend there. "Suit yourself." he said with a shrug. He reached into his backpack and retrieved two raw potatoes. He tossed one to Bucky, who caught it in his mouth, and took a bite out of the other one. It wasn't tasty, but it was certainly better than starvation. "Hows about we get to bed. I think we'll both want an early start tomorrow."
 

Shadowstar38

New member
Jul 20, 2011
2,204
0
0
"MAAACAAAVOOOYY!!! Wheerrre aaarrre yyyoooouuu...?!"

Damn. That was the last thing Cassie needed. Her basic gear always had her standing toe to toe with any human, but she wasnt fit to take on a super mutant. Though the thrill of the challenge did slowly take over her mind, she tried to play it smart.

Cass injected herself with a stimpack and ran to the window she recently shot out. She carefully hung out of the side and lowered herself down to the second story window, trying desperately to kick it open without making to much noise.

The moment she got in, she tried to member the position of the sniper that she first encounter. The weapon would be to the right of her. The distance it would put between her and that mutant would be well worth reaching it. She just had to hope he wouldn't her when she snuck out to get it.
 

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
742
0
0
William agreed with Tom, it was best not to lose daylight. Settling down to sleep, he looked up at the sky and the stars and wondered if someone, somewhere was doing the same thing. Perhaps another one of the Anver survivors was looking at the same stars, somewhere else. The wasteland had a habit of swallowing people up, it was easy to discard an old life and turn up in a town as just another stranger with nothing but the clothes you wore and two stories, an old one never to be told and a new one to be learned.

Anver didn't matter though, that was an old life, everyone had died, even those who had lived walked alone as separate people.

William cast those thoughts out of his mind and remembered as much as he could about the DC layout. 'Might as well head to Rivet City, leave the bike there and travel upriver. Find the quickest metro tunnel to get to Museum Station and make it to Underworld.
 

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
843
0
0
The man had asked for his hat, his hat! But he wasn't wearing it. Instead he shoved it unceremoniously into his bag. It was Michaels favourite hat, he bought got it a few days after traders had discovered him laying unconsciously on the ground. Apart for Brahmin it was the only constant he had, it gave him a sense of identity and this man had shoved it into his bag without a backward glance. He could get it back when he reached underworld, maybe he could barter some ammo for some caps and buy it off him.

He was being lead in the direction of a tall white pillar that ended in a point, parts had fallen off exposing the hollow interior.

"Are you sure this is the right way? I don't like being so exposed, what if there are super mutants?"
 

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
19,316
0
0
"...your dog... raiders... killing! ...!" Rex understood nothing of it, but it made Brandon turn pale. Rex bristled a bit, ready to pounce if told. Then, everyone burst out laughing.

Wat.

"..."

These armored ones used big words that Rex didn't understand. With no facial cues to go by, he continued to sit, growing anxious.

The armored one suddenly seemed to lean in towards Brandon, examining him. Brandon clearly didn't like it, but placed his hand on Rex's snout when he tried to growl.

"You're..."

Gah! SPEAK NORMAL! GAH!

Brandon turned pale again, this time for real. He began to talk in a trembling voice.

"...I... "

Again, Rex understood nothing. He didn't like these armored folk. At least he could see Brandon's face though... he was totally faking a sad look. Rex quickly realized that Brandon was lying through his teeth to gain favor, so he threw in a whimper of his own.

"...I... me... go, I... fighting... fight. I... armor."

Brandon smiled at them as he turned around and beckoned at Rex to re-enter the cave. He still looked as tense as hell, though.

The armored one spoke again, and Brandon seized up. "...goodbye... luck."

They trudged off.

Brandon relaxed so hard he nearly fell clean over.
 

Deadyawn

New member
Jan 25, 2011
823
0
0
Michael appeared somewhat dismayed by the trade and Fishspear could sort of understand not wanting to lose a hat. He certainly didn't. He didn't empathise quite enough to consider giving it back though.

"Are you sure this is the right way? I don't like being so exposed, what if there are super mutants?"

Surely this guy understood he could only answer yes or no, right? The kinds of questions that couldn't be answered like that tended to frustrate Fishspear seeing as how he couldn't really respond.

He nodded first. This was definetly the right way. The second question...well there would almost certainly be super mutants around. The place was crawling with them. But Michael didn't seem terribly stealthy and his brahmin not at all. Was there a way to circumvent them?

He couldn't say. They tended to move around a bit. There was no sure way to avoid them. Sticking to the metro wasn't necessarily preferable seeing as how there'd just be ghouls there instead. Although, they were generally easier to kill and seeing as how there were two of them and sneaking was out that might just be a good idea. He stopped a moment to consider the route and planned out a different one that, while slightly longer would confine them almost entirely to the metro.

He set off on this divergent path, looking back to check Michael was still with him. He was headed down an alley so hopefully this would quell his compunctions about being exposed.
 

ImSkeletor

New member
Feb 6, 2010
1,473
0
0
Barry sat there and began to realized he had been ditched by the superhero team he had dreamed of joining for an entire...what?...23 hours now? This was the longest Barry had been focused on something, besides fighting crime, in his entire existence. He brushed himself off, got up, and turned around. Suddenly he could hear a loud propeller sound behind him. He turned back to see a landing Vertabird. The entrance opened and number 43 said, "If you're that serious about great justice, get in here."

A massive smile stretched across his face. "I KNEW YOU GUYS WOULD COME BACK FOR ME! Didn't doubt it for a second. You guys would never ditch me in the middle of nowhere with no weapon and take my only option for food!"

The Enclave soldier stared at him with complete and utter contempt for a solid 20 seconds, not that Barry could see that due to the whole mask thing. "Are you going to get in or what?" 43 said trying to hold back the hatred in his voice.
"Of course!" Barry ran into the Vertabird and threw himself into the available space. The Vertabird took off into the sky. Its dark form created an ominous looming effect over the area. The soldiers sat silently making it hard to distinguish between them. It was as if they were one. "Hey, you guys want to read my comics?"
 

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
3,623
0
0
"I don't want him with us longer than we need him," Vikki mutters before hearing Lucy telling her that she has her back too.

"Good, we'll always be safe then," she grins, happy that they both would protect each other.

"Anchorage? Yay! We get to deal with miralurks!" she mutter sarcastically checking her gun, ensuring that it would fire properly, "lets get going then, its not safe to travel at night around here."
 

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
712
0
0
"Wait, what?...Mirelurks?" Lucy hated those things, they were creepy and unpredictable. Lucy visibly shuddered. Well this was embarrassing...again. Brave girl braving the wasteland with her Gauss Rifle creeped out by Mirelurks. Yeah, I'm a shining example of stalwart bravery thought Lucy.

Sheepishly Lucy called out to the Brotherhood guy "I-I changed my mind. Let's go to the market instead. We have the drop on them, we have superior firepower, it's also a good place to bunker down and get supplies"

Plus I wouldn't mind taking down some raiders with sheer glee.

"Mirelurks creep me out, don't judge me" Lucy grimaced at Vikki. "Let's go."

Lucy ran up to the Brotherhood guy's side, making her way to the the market, rifle ready in hand, mentally preparing for an attack.
 

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
10,313
0
0
"I-I changed my mind. Let's go to the market instead. We have the drop on them, we have superior firepower, it's also a good place to bunker down and get supplies"
With a heavy sigh of relief, Frank changed directions and began to run to the market. He didn't want to have to deal with Dukov calling him "Tin Can" and inquiring if he could "Keep the pieces of ass your brought with you".
"All right, but we don't have time for you to change your answer again!"
As Frank came up on the market he saw the raider patrol outside.
[Perception]They appeared to be four of them, armed with a 10mm. Pistol, a Sawed-off, a hunting rifle, and a sledgehammer; all in bad condition.
This would be a cakewalk.
Frank charged in, shrugging off the hail of gunfire, shooting the one with the shotgun in the torso, and punching through the head of the one with the hunting rifle.
Frank chuckled. Even if the girls did turn out to be useless, this would still be all too easy.
 

TheBlueShotgun0

New member
Dec 20, 2011
315
0
0
"Good night, man." Tom said as he lay down on his bed roll. Bucky curled up beside him. Once he woke up, he would continue down the road until he got to a town. Surly someone there would know how to get to Boston without going through DC, or at least have a map. But Tom decided he would worry about it later.

Tom woke up just as the sun was creeping over the horizon. He could feel the distinctive head ache that came when ever Steven was close to taking charge. Tom would have liked to sleep a little bit more, but there was no use in just laying there at that point. Looking around, he saw that William was still asleep. 'Cause he's not plagued by these stupid headaches. Tom thought with some envy. Dismissing these feelings, Tom started rolling up his bed roll and packing his things back into Buckys saddle bag when William stirred. "Oh jezz." he said. "Sorry if I woke you."