The saddest animal death in any form of media

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
*Search bar approved*

Okay, so theres been lots of threads about the saddest death in a movie/game etc.

But for some strange reason im more likely to get a little sad when i see the heros trusty pet die, call me wierd.

and thus, a thread was born.

my turn first, mine would probley have to be the dog in 'I am legend' dying, i was genuinely sad at that part.

Okay, GO!

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Jurassic Bark, saddest animal death ever...

Damn you, Futurama! Damn you!

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
coxafloppin said:
*Search bar approved*

Okay, so theres been lots of threads about the saddest death in a movie/game etc.

But for some strange reason im more likely to get a little sad when i see the heros trusty pet die, call me wierd.

and thus, a thread was born.

my turn first, mine would probley have to be the dog in 'I am legend' dying, i was genuinely sad at that part.

Okay, GO!
ace_of_something said:
there is an episode of futurama involoving Fry's very loyal dog. Loyal *sniffle* until the very end.
Very true, brings a tear to my eye thinking about him... :'(

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I laughed when Bambi's mother got shot.

But I cried when bumblebee got hurt in the first transformers, I actually stood up in the cinema.

Micklet

May 21, 2009
God yeah, that dog was something else...a true hero.

But what about Old Yeller? BOOM HEADSHOT! both barrels

Crofty

Sep 17, 2008
Spoilage
Nighteyes' death in Robin Hobb's book, Fool's Errand, and Toboe's death (and Tsume talking to his body) in Wolf's RainEnd of spoilers

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Uh, this is a no brainer: Mufasa from the Lion King.
Nooo! Stop trampling him your terrible antelopes! He's just trying to save his boy!

Jan 11, 2009
Ciarang said:
suckmyBR said:
Marley & Me

*braces self for abuse*
I actually cried in the cinema when I watched that, so much sader than fry's dog dying
*cautiously steps out of bunker*

I agree not to say that Fry's dog dying wasn't sad, it was handled beautifully, but Marley reminded me so much more of my own dog. I think it makes the film's somewhat bad acting excusable.