The scary thread

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
SadakoMoose said:
One word: (Two Really)
Ghostwatch...
I watched it twice to see if I could find Mr. Pipes every time...
I didn't sleep for weeks.
Now I'm working on a Ghostwatch game...
I'm so stupid
Fear is addictive, it seems.

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
David_G said:
SadakoMoose said:
One word: (Two Really)
Ghostwatch...
I watched it twice to see if I could find Mr. Pipes every time...
I didn't sleep for weeks.
Now I'm working on a Ghostwatch game...
I'm so stupid
Fear is addictive, it seems.
Check my Ghostwatch thread if you want
I got a kick ass proposal for a Ghostwatch video game

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
The fact that Encyclopedia Dramatica is spelt wrong, it's Encyclopaedia retarded creators, shows how intelligent you guys are in your blatant discrimination (why the hell do people say racism as soon as it's hate it's called discrimination).

DragonBorn96

Jan 17, 2011
Anyone ever heard of the Blair Witch Project? If you haven't the I'll give you a run down. Supposedly started with a women being banished from her village in 1785 because she was accused of witchcraft. Skipping the long timeline of events a thing or person came to be known as the Blair Witch after a series of brutal killings in the woods of a place in Maryland. Later, in 1994 3 college students head to the area of Burkittsville, Maryland to investigate the legend of the Blair Witch (this was the place where the murders took place). During the first day they interviewed some locals with one of them telling of "Coffin Rock", which one the places that these murders took place. They were told of an old logging route that can easily take them to this place. On the 21st of October 1994 the trio travelled into the Black Hills wooded area and were never seen again. Later, on the 25th of October, the car of Joshua Leanord (one of the trio) was found at the side of the road, the car was damaged. Following this discovery a mass search was launched in the Black Hill's area that lasted ten days and was manned with around 100 people on the search along with dogs and helicopter support equiped with a thermal camera.
This search turned up nothing, no sign of gear of the trio at all. Following searches from the parents of the trio the case is declared un-solved. However....on October 16th 1995, students from Maryland's university discovered a duffle bag buried under the floor of a 100 year old wooden cabin in the woods of Black Hills. In this bag there were: Film cans, cassestes,DAT tapes, a video camera, a film camera and the diary of Heather Donahue (another member of the trio). However this footage held on the tapes was considered fake by law enforcement and the families were restricted access to any eveidence relating to their childrens dissapearance.

My friend gave me a link to the images of the diarys pages all the way until the entries stopped. This is the link - http://www.blairwitch.com/journal10.html. I find the last pages quite disturbing. They read: Page 36 - am losing hope. Actually, I may have lost it. I didn't think it was possible to be where I am at. Staring. Waiting. I have nothing left to say. Tape Tape Film Film Film. We are being stalked and whatever is stalking us will at least be documented. Please God, let someone find our tapes. Please. To all the people I love, and you know who you are I love you. Simply that. I love you with all my heart and more. If something bad happens to me I will always find you and look out for you and help in anyway I can as I sincerely tried to do in my life. To Josh & Mike's parents - I am sorry. I am sorry for what happened to your sons and to my beautiful babycakes - I will love no matter where I am. I lack the strength to hold the pen. Hey, those last two lines rhyme. Why even [noe] that really, its obvious, but anything... Page 37- ...that brings humor is welcome especially now. I want to laugh. I want to laugh.
At that final point the handwriting is worse than at the start and the journal so ends after that last line."I want to laugh.."

Rhymenoceros

Jul 8, 2009
DragonBorn96 said:
Snip (It is hard to snip something that long on an iPod!)
I was interested by the story even if it is a little old so I clicked the link but it's a 404, anyone else get this?

DragonBorn96

Jan 17, 2011
Rhymenoceros said:
DragonBorn96 said:
I was interested by the story even if it is a little old so I clicked the link but it's a 404, anyone else get this?
http://www.blairwitch.com/ Thats the main one, if it doesn't work you could just search it normally.

DragonBorn96

Jan 17, 2011
ninjastovall0 said:
DragonBorn96 said:
Rhymenoceros said:
DragonBorn96 said:
http://www.blairwitch.com/ Thats the main one, if it doesn't work you could just search it normally.
thats a movie and its fake.
but they were good at viral marketing....
True, did freak me out though regardless of whether it was fake or not. There was another thing called the "McPhersons Tape" that someone showed me, he was really excited and believed until I pointed out the word "dramatisation" in the description of it, his dreams were well and truly crushed xD

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Here's a true story that happened to me and two friends on last Halloween.

It was on Halloween night round nine pm, I was with my friends Alex and Chris. We were at Alex's house, in his computer room, just watching some videos and playing games. We planned to go down to a local Tescos just to buy junk food and drinks, but before leaving we decided to eat a proper meal. The meal being pasta bake, I ate mine and so did Alex, although Chris didn't eat all of his and there was still some left. Just a few minutes before we left for Tescos the rest of Alex's family left the house, they were going to a halloween party. We left the pasta dishes in the computer room saying we'll clean them when we return. So we left the house, but first made sure that Alex's dog stayed in the kitchen with the door closed tight he then locked the front door and the back was locked as well, we then made our way down to Tescos.

when we returned we set our supplies on the sofa in the Computer room and went to clean the pasta dishes, now this is were it gets creepy. Chris's plate had been licked clean, we knew for a fact that he had some left and it wasn't his family because they were out, it couldn't have been the dog because he was locked in the kitchen and the house was locked, during the period we were at Tescos, the house was empty.

So who cleaned the plates?

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
knight of some random number said:

It was on Halloween night round nine pm, I was with my friends Alex and Chris. We were at Alex's house, in his computer room, just watching some videos and playing games. We planned to go down to a local Tescos just to buy junk food and drinks, but before leaving we decided to eat a proper meal. The meal being pasta bake, I ate mine and so did Alex, although Chris didn't eat all of his and there was still some left. Just a few minutes before we left for Tescos the rest of Alex's family left the house, they were going to a halloween party. We left the pasta dishes in the computer room saying we'll clean them when we return. So we left the house, but first made sure that Alex's dog stayed in the kitchen with the door closed tight he then locked the front door and the back was locked as well, we then made our way down to Tescos.

when we returned we set our supplies on the sofa in the Computer room and went to clean the pasta dishes, now this is were it gets creepy. Chris's plate had been licked clean, we knew for a fact that he had some left and it wasn't his family because they were out, it couldn't have been the dog because he was locked in the kitchen and the house was locked, during the period we were at Tescos, the house was empty.

SO WHO WAS PLATES?

Seriously, though. That's creepy.

Rhymenoceros

Jul 8, 2009
David_G said:
knight of some random number said:

SO WHO WAS PLATES?

Seriously, though. That's creepy.
I read that on my ipod last night so I came into the thread today to say "SO WHO WAS EAT?"

Stoopid ninja!

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
[http://img508.imageshack.us/i/1301500372152.jpg/]
[http://img827.imageshack.us/i/1301501553172.png/]
[http://img26.imageshack.us/i/1301503113228.jpg/]
[http://img856.imageshack.us/i/1301503750365.jpg/]

One day when riding my bike back from work, I noticed a man standing tightly against a building. He looked panicked, positively petrified. He was sweating bullets, shaking and muttering under his breath, with his eyes darting all about the street. I figured that he must be a junkie or something, but he was wearing a business suit, so he didn't exactly look like some lowlife bum. Maybe he was sick? Curious, I asked him "Are you alright, man?"
He immediately fixated his eyes on me and sputtered out "D-Don't come any closer!", to which I replied "Hey man... do you need me to call an ambulance or something?". He pinned himself even tighter to the wall. "N-No! Don't call anybody! Just get away from me!"
I began to get worried about this man. He was either tripping or losing his marbles, I had to get him an ambulance whether he wanted one or not. I pulled out my cell phone and flipped it open. He screamed. "No! Don't call anyone! Just... Just get away from here! Please! I'm begging you!". Something was clearly wrong with this man, I couldn't leave him like this. "Just calm down buddy... I'm gonna get you some help so just hang tight."

He screamed again, and stretched his leg out as far as he could while trying to keep his back against the wall, trying to kick the phone out of my hand, but I was much too far for him to reach. He looked up and down the street, and then quickly jerked off the wall and tried to grab the phone from me. I was much stronger than he was, so I had no trouble shoving him off and down to the ground.
But that's when I realized what kind of mistake I had just made.I could see a thick black line running down his back, and not a moment later, a pair of hands, and then an entire little creature, along with all of this man's innards burst out from his back. At first I had no clue what was going on, but then the creature told me everything. He was now inside my back, and if I let anyone see my back, he would burst out from inside of me, killing me, and possess the person who saw my back.
But luckily for me, he told me something interesting. If I could write down his name and get someone else to read it, then I'd be free of his curse and they would now bare him in their back.
Unfortunately for you, I'm not as nice as the man who had the demon in his back before me, and fortunately for me, you already read his name.

the clockmaker

Jun 11, 2010
I know that this isn't freaky to anyone who wasn't there, but a part of my old job involved manning a firetower about fifteen ks from anyone else. There is one road in, that you can observe at all times and the sides of the mountain that it sits on are too steep to climb easily. And, a guy died up there, heart attack, a couple of years ago, actually not all that uncommon for isolated jobs. (that last part is unrelated but gave me the jeebies)

But what really did my nuts in was the day the rains came. First off, when I climbed down to the tower's lower level at about mid day, I found the door open, most likely because the guy before me had forgotten to lock it, so the rain had gotten in and the floor was soaked. I tripped and twisted my ankle.

Then, at about 1300, radio reception went down, followed by power at about 1330. The storm hit at about 1400, bringing visibility down to a few meters and soon making the road out impassable. To take stock at this point, I was trapped fifteen ks from the nearest help, with a twisted ankle, no comms, no power and I couldn't see what was happening outside. I grabbed my torch and book and tried to while away the day.

The footsteps started at about 1600, not the sort of soft scrape of a roo at rest or the individual scrabble of a leap, but a very distinct one, two, one, two on the gravel around my tower. It was probably not all that loud, but I heard it over the rain. The birds were quiet by then. The nesting pair of wedge tails had hunkered down, much like I had and either the cockies were being uncharacteristically silent or they had buggered off, I couldn't see.

This state of affairs carried on for about fifteen minutes, rain and a steady one two. Then something banged against the lower door. I had locked it to prevent the wind opening it again. There were only a couple of bangs, and no request for the door to open, just, again, a little faster than the footsteps, one two, one two, one two.

The rain died down just before knock off at 1800, just as the sun was setting. I locked up and went down to my car. Both doors were open, as was my pack. The contents were scattered around on the ground, books and cans of drink and a couple of bags of lollies. Nothing was gone, just scattered. I gathered my kit and buggered off back off the mountain.

I didn't tell anyone at work, they'd just call me a pussy or a wanker or something, but it did make me realise just how vulnerable we are when we leave the safety of other people. I imagine that's how cavemen felt when the campfire was far away and the wolves were howling. Or I would think that, but I really don't want to think about what is beyond our campfire.

So I kept to my job, and I kept my eyes open, and that is the only true scary thing that has really ever happened to me.