The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/site-news/general-updates/35675-a-farewell-to-noah-antwiler-aka-spoonyone-with-ca

I view this as very good news. Spoony is best served raw and unrestrained. That Guy With the Glasses was just a big censorship albatross chained around Noah's neck.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Why is this happening? Seriously it says "after recent events", what events?

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Pandabearparade said:
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/site-news/general-updates/35675-a-farewell-to-noah-antwiler-aka-spoonyone-with-ca

I view this as very good news. Spoony is best served raw and unrestrained. That Guy With the Glasses was just a big censorship albatross chained around Noah's neck.
Don't really know what you're talking about...the only thing TGWTG censors in its videos is nudity. Most everything else is fair game. :/

Besides which, despite all this mess I think the bigger issue is Antwiler's mental state right now. If he's just blowing off steam, fair enough, but he's previously being diagnosed with depression, and really it shows. Just compare some of his more recent videos with some from a couple of years ago. He looks haggard, worn down. He's still more than capable of dishing out the rage and laughs, but...I don't know, he doesn't look healthy.

He -says- he wants to keep making vids, because it's what he enjoys doing...but I wonder if he should just take a break for a while, take a vacation, maybe see a counsellor. IT just doesn't seem right for his fans to be egging him on, like everything is hunky dory dandy, "now get back to making us videos dammmit!" etc.

It's all very sad.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
GothmogII said:
Don't really know what you're talking about...the only thing TGWTG censors in its videos is nudity. Most everything else is fair game. :/
False. The Amazing Atheist was booted off the site for posting inappropriate content and it had nothing to do with nudity.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Pandabearparade said:
GothmogII said:
False. The Amazing Atheist was booted off the site for posting inappropriate content and it had nothing to do with nudity.
As far as Channel Awesome goes, they don't say anything about anything. But I did watch the AA's vid after he left, according to the man himself it was because he felt that TGWTG wasn't creating interesting/engaging content. He wanted to set up his own thing to attract 'real' talent. I hadn't read otherwise i.e regarding censorship issues, but quite possibly I just missed that little detail in the whole snafu.

Captcha: yes, sir

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Hmmm...although I tend to think he's not as good as he was, I still think he's better than most of the people on that site, very few of them are worth paying attention to.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
GothmogII said:
It's all very sad.
Yep.

I always got the feeling that he has a lot of sadness in him, and that's just such a shame because I do love his comedic timing. Even with his video series, when he starts talking about something enjoyable from his childhood, its like a glimpse of a different person.
I don't really like a lot of his content; he's generally too abrasive for me, but even when it does come to the videos I enjoyed, I wouldn't mind terribly if he never even made more videos if it meant he'd have a little more happy in his life.

Silversoul

Nov 19, 2009
From what I've found, the issue is that Spoony made a joke about chaining one of Lupa's friends in his basement and raping her and Lupa was offended. As a result, he was suspended from TGWTG for about a month. Then Spoony made a sarcastic apology which just escalated the whole thing; which inevitably resulted in an angry rant on his twitter, in which he basically attacked anyone who tried to talk to him. TGWTG then decided to ban him.

There appears to be multiple sides to this whole thing. Some people claim that his joke wasn't to be taken so seriously, and Spoony (sarcastically) did apologize. Other people also claim that it was Lupa's fault for making such a big deal out of it. However some people also claim that Spoony's behavior was completely out of line. That, dealing with such a sensitive topic, he should have realized that he really hurt someone's feelings and should actually make a sincere apology instead of giving one that could either be taken as real/sarcastic.

Personally, all of this seemed to be a bit much considering that this all started w/ a bad joke; but it was Spoony's behavior afterward that I think did most of the damage.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Silversoul said:
From what I've found, the issue is that Spoony made a joke about chaining one of Lupa's friends in his basement and raping her and Lupa was offended. As a result, he was suspended from TGWTG for about a month. Then Spoony made a sarcastic apology which just escalated the whole thing; which inevitably resulted in an angry rant on his twitter, in which he basically attacked anyone who tried to talk to him. TGWTG then decided to ban him.

There appears to be multiple sides to this whole thing. Some people claim that his joke wasn't to be taken so seriously, and Spoony (sarcastically) did apologize. Other people also claim that it was Lupa's fault for making such a big deal out of it. However some people also claim that Spoony's behavior was completely out of line. That, dealing with such a sensitive topic, he should have realized that he really hurt someone's feelings and should actually make a sincere apology instead of giving one that could either be taken as real/sarcastic.

Personally, all of this seemed to be a bit much considering that this all started w/ a bad joke; but it was Spoony's behavior afterward that I think did most of the damage.
...Isn't one of her running gags that she's stalked by Todd In The Shadows?

Ugh.... it was a matter of time before this whole internet reviewer thing turned ugly.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Eh, rather sad, rather funny (the shouting matches are just hilarious), and not entirely unexpected. He has been acting awfully self-destructive and abrasive for a good couple months now (way before the Lupa thing), so this was not much of a shock. Still, will be interesting to see what happens next. :p

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Well that's...interesting. I was never a fan, so it doesn't really effect me, but it's always sad to see somebody with talent leave a site. Unless of course he was being a total arse, like some reports suggest. I suppose we will have to wait and see.

KrabbiPatty

Jan 16, 2008
See the only problem I have with any of this is I wanted to see the last of his Ultima videos and NOW I can't. I don't care what a bunch of spoiled white people with disposable income do or say but I did think his Ultima videos were funny as hell and NOW I have to go to his horribly made website to watch the damn things. Assuming he doesn't delete it or something, which knowing how..."high strung" he is, he may.

Jesus.

Internet drama is neither dramatic nor interesting...

Oh yeah and I had to type "far away" to post this. Lol, prescient captcha is prescient.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Well that sucks, I was just watching the spoony rifftrax video for After Last Season (which you people need to see, it's freaking hilarious).

There needs to be more explanation on why a veteran contributer was kicked off. It must have been big.

Edit: So it seems Spoony made a "joke" to JesuOtaku, saying he wanted to tie her up in a basement and rape her. She took it about as well as you might expect but it was otherwise swept up under the rug.

Come a few months later and Allison (lupa) bought back up the old tweet as a way to attack him (apparently she doesn't like the guy, go figure). He went apeshit bananas over this and mauled anyone who tried to contact him over twitter (Spoony apparenly suffers from heavy depression so some of this can probably be understood). Then it seems half of the entire TGWTG cast gave their 2cents worth and kept harassing him over the rape tweet.
Things blew up pretty big to the point where the P.R team had to step in and take charge.

Can't say I've seen his videos lately but I always liked the ones I did see back in the day. Guess things have changed a lot since then.

Good luck to you Spoony, with whatever you do now.

For anyone wondering this is the tweet that started the entire thing:

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Based on the twitter feed of the producer for TGWTG, no one person caused it, and I can buy that, if you take a look at Spoonys twitter you see days of straight vile lashing out at anything and anyone who tries talking to him, he clearly snapped, and that is most likely the cause of being fired, rather than a single joke or person. That said, I know nothing of his personal life, and thus I have no opinion on whether or not his snapping was out of line or justified, all anyone should hope for is that everyone moves on and things end peacefully, I know I'll keep watching his work.

Spoonys twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/TheSpoonyOne you have to go back a little bit to get to the meaty bits of the rage

Response from the TGWTG Producer, Holly Christine: "Let me make this clear. Noah (Spoony) was not fired for any reason that could be tied to Allison (Obscurus Lupa) in any way whatsoever. Lupa never once made a complaint against Noah to CA. Anything since we parted ways, I honestly don't know about...... People are blaming other producers for getting someone fired when it's not what happened."

In case anyone was curious ^

Edit: Is Holly Christine the producer or HR? I've seen both said

=y

May 11, 2012
Scarecrow 8 said:
Well that's...interesting. I was never a fan, so it doesn't really effect me, but it's always sad to see somebody with talent leave a site. Unless of course he was being a total arse, like some reports suggest. I suppose we will have to wait and see.
Hey, stop stealing my stance on this. I've only seen a few of his videos and never really thought much of it one way or another. Well, here's hoping it doesn't degenerate into an internet war.

[sub]It's the internet, the war will happen whether he wants it or not.[/sub]

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
I can't really speak on Spoony's personal issues, or whatever happened on the TGWTG. But all I've been hearing about him lately is that he seems too depressed or that he needs to take a break. I'm not the biggest fan of his, but I do watch his videos from time to time. But I guess you have to be a regular subscriber of his content and his twitter to really see any changes. If he really is having depression problems, I hope he gets the chance to figure himself out, either with a councilor or with a vacation to rest himself physically, mentally, emotionally, and creatively. A vacation shouldn't hurt him too much with his content if he genuinely enjoys making them.

What I CAN say is that I personally can't stand anything related to Doug Walker. I find everything he does offensively boring and just plain uninteresting and not funny. So all I can say is that getting away from him can only be a good thing for anyone and their creative content.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Some background into this.
This is the original tweet in question:
At the time this was tweeted JessuOtaku had blow it off and it had gone under the radar.
Allison Pregler (aka Obscurus_Lupa) admitted (I'm still looking for the exact tweet, I lost it in all the mess) that she wasn't a fan of Noah after E3/as of late noticed he was in a bad place emotionally and thus dredged the tweet up to rip into him.

This led to a back and forth between them, that escalated into insult throwing.
Note:

Right as this escalation grew Channel Awesome, the guys behind That Guy With the Glasses, suddenly put Spoony on a suspension. Considering the amount of parroting Lupa has done of Holly Christine (Human Resources for Channel Awesome), many believe there are some shenanigans behind the scene with Holly taking Allison's side and serving up spoony.

Once the news of the suspension hit the net, and spoony went on a twitter spree, channel awesome threw him a ban, and the a subsequent announcement of letting him go. More speculation: A lot of Channel Awesome members have been copy pasting to their twitters that this had nothing to do with the tweet/feud, but the timing of events and Lupa pretty much cheering over it makes it look pretty dirty. Also considering how members of channel awesome are talking about this really shows that Channel Awesome as a company is trying to spin this as the removal having nothing to do with the tweets/feud.

Members of channel awesome have been handling it pretty badly too, ranging from people like Phelous accusing spoony of being a misogynistic stalker to LordKat encouraging Spoony to commit suicide. EDIT: LordKat is no longer a CA member, my mistake.

I'll refine and expound on all this if there is interest. Literally tell me if you are interested in me fully chronicling this, I was working on it to start a thread because I hadn't seen anything on it for a while but the OP beat me to starting a thread.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Been wading through homeboys twitter. Seems he caught real heat from his coworkers for jokingly suggesting he'd be willing to rape JesuOtaku. Ironic considering the heavy metal review doug did a few weeks ago.

....Ya know? Normally I hate access hollywood and TMZ cause what the fuck do I care about the kardashians... now all of a sudden theres drama going on with out internet darlings? I wish we had as TMZ on this! lol

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Rednog said:
Some background into this.
This is the original tweet in question:
At the time this was tweeted JessuOtaku had blow it off and it had gone under the radar.
Allison Pregler (aka Obscurus_Lupa) admitted (I'm still looking for the exact tweet, I lost it in all the mess) that she wasn't a fan of Noah after E3/as of late noticed he was in a bad place emotionally and thus dredged the tweet up to rip into him.

This led to a back and forth between them, that escalated into insult throwing.
Note:

Right as this escalation grew Channel Awesome, the guys behind That Guy With the Glasses, suddenly put Spoony on a suspension. Considering the amount of parroting Lupa has done of Holly Christine (Human Resources for Channel Awesome), many believe there are some shenanigans behind the scene with Holly taking Allison's side and serving up spoony.

Once the news of the suspension hit the net, and spoony went on a twitter spree, channel awesome threw him a ban, and the a subsequent announcement of letting him go. More speculation: A lot of Channel Awesome members have been copy pasting to their twitters that this had nothing to do with the tweet/feud, but the timing of events and Lupa pretty much cheering over it makes it look pretty dirty.

Members of channel awesome have been handling it pretty badly too, ranging from people like Phelous accusing spoony of being a misogynistic stalker to LordKat encouraging Spoony to commit suicide.

I'll refine and expound on all this if there is interest.
...Wow so a bunch of them are horrible people.... SHOCKER >.>

Hope this LordKat fellow gets some backlash.