The Spoony One has been ejected from That Guy With the Glasses.

Nov 28, 2007
KrabbiPatty said:
See the only problem I have with any of this is I wanted to see the last of his Ultima videos and NOW I can't. I don't care what a bunch of spoiled white people with disposable income do or say but I did think his Ultima videos were funny as hell and NOW I have to go to his horribly made website to watch the damn things. Assuming he doesn't delete it or something, which knowing how..."high strung" he is, he may.

Jesus.

Internet drama is neither dramatic nor interesting...

Oh yeah and I had to type "far away" to post this. Lol, prescient captcha is prescient.
Um...he's still on his site. thespoonyexperiment.com

Edit: Minus the "the".

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
SaneAmongInsane said:
Rednog said:
Some background into this.
This is the original tweet in question:
At the time this was tweeted JessuOtaku had blow it off and it had gone under the radar.
Allison Pregler (aka Obscurus_Lupa) admitted (I'm still looking for the exact tweet, I lost it in all the mess) that she wasn't a fan of Noah after E3/as of late noticed he was in a bad place emotionally and thus dredged the tweet up to rip into him.

This led to a back and forth between them, that escalated into insult throwing.
Note:

Right as this escalation grew Channel Awesome, the guys behind That Guy With the Glasses, suddenly put Spoony on a suspension. Considering the amount of parroting Lupa has done of Holly Christine (Human Resources for Channel Awesome), many believe there are some shenanigans behind the scene with Holly taking Allison's side and serving up spoony.

Once the news of the suspension hit the net, and spoony went on a twitter spree, channel awesome threw him a ban, and the a subsequent announcement of letting him go. More speculation: A lot of Channel Awesome members have been copy pasting to their twitters that this had nothing to do with the tweet/feud, but the timing of events and Lupa pretty much cheering over it makes it look pretty dirty.

Members of channel awesome have been handling it pretty badly too, ranging from people like Phelous accusing spoony of being a misogynistic stalker to LordKat encouraging Spoony to commit suicide.

I'll refine and expound on all this if there is interest.
...Wow so a bunch of them are horrible people.... SHOCKER >.>

Hope this LordKat fellow gets some backlash.
He did but he has been going on his own little rampage, telling that if anyone likes Spoony or any of his videos they are the scum of the earth, should unsubscribe, and well repeating any of it would probably be an offense on the escapist. He said he stands by what he said and from what is going around it sounds like he is banning people, even his subscribers (some who pay money). He's also gone on to accuse Spoony of stealing jokes/reviews/videos.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
thebobmaster said:
KrabbiPatty said:
See the only problem I have with any of this is I wanted to see the last of his Ultima videos and NOW I can't. I don't care what a bunch of spoiled white people with disposable income do or say but I did think his Ultima videos were funny as hell and NOW I have to go to his horribly made website to watch the damn things. Assuming he doesn't delete it or something, which knowing how..."high strung" he is, he may.

Jesus.

Internet drama is neither dramatic nor interesting...

Oh yeah and I had to type "far away" to post this. Lol, prescient captcha is prescient.
Um...he's still on his site. thespoonyexperiment.com
I'd catch what you want on his site, he said he's going to move his content, because it sounds like his site/forums are owned or at least hosted by Channel Awesome.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I must admit I have no idea who a lot of them are but it's always good to have some form of internet drama, and the FJ admin and his idiotic lawyer vs The Oatmeal was dying down so having some more is always good.

Nov 28, 2007
Rednog said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Rednog said:
At the time this was tweeted JessuOtaku had blow it off and it had gone under the radar.
Allison Pregler (aka Obscurus_Lupa) admitted (I'm still looking for the exact tweet, I lost it in all the mess) that she wasn't a fan of Noah after E3/as of late noticed he was in a bad place emotionally and thus dredged the tweet up to rip into him.

Note:

Right as this escalation grew Channel Awesome, the guys behind That Guy With the Glasses, suddenly put Spoony on a suspension. Considering the amount of parroting Lupa has done of Holly Christine (Human Resources for Channel Awesome), many believe there are some shenanigans behind the scene with Holly taking Allison's side and serving up spoony.

Once the news of the suspension hit the net, and spoony went on a twitter spree, channel awesome threw him a ban, and the a subsequent announcement of letting him go. More speculation: A lot of Channel Awesome members have been copy pasting to their twitters that this had nothing to do with the tweet/feud, but the timing of events and Lupa pretty much cheering over it makes it look pretty dirty.

Members of channel awesome have been handling it pretty badly too, ranging from people like Phelous accusing spoony of being a misogynistic stalker to LordKat encouraging Spoony to commit suicide.

He did but he has been going on his own little rampage, telling that if anyone likes Spoony or any of his videos they are the scum of the earth, should unsubscribe, and well repeating any of it would probably be an offense on the escapist. He said he stands by what he said and from what is going around it sounds like he is banning people, even his subscribers (some who pay money). He's also gone on to accuse Spoony of stealing jokes/reviews/videos.
Well, good thing I don't grace LordKat's website. That's not cool by any standards.

KrabbiPatty

Jan 16, 2008
Strangely, Lord Kat has time to tell Antwater to kill himself but not enough time to get off his ass and make videos.

Not...sure if lol???

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Rednog said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Rednog said:

Note:

Wow... what a shit human being. can you link me to some proof? cause then I will boycott Channel Awesome till THAT fuckhead is fired.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Rednog said:

Once the news of the suspension hit the net, and spoony went on a twitter spree, channel awesome threw him a ban, and the a subsequent announcement of letting him go.

More speculation: A lot of Channel Awesome members have been copy pasting to their twitters that this had nothing to do with the tweet/feud, but the timing of events and Lupa pretty much cheering over it makes it look pretty dirty.

I'd have thought Lupa and Spoony would have gotten along well considering their personas. Pretty shitty of her to exploit him like this. What did he do at E3? I'd noticed he wasn't posting regularly on the site for some time before now, is there a connection?
Spoony's regular lapses in uploading content is nothing new, people speculate he has clinical depression and he himself has stated he has had heart problems. So a lack in regular regimen of videos is nothing new to him.
His E3 involvement still really hasn't been confirmed, what I can gather from CA Member comments is that he had an argument during an XCOM interview, and this led to the developer denying any further interviews with CA members, some have said that this led to other developers denying interviews, but none of this has been confirmed.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
SaneAmongInsane said:
Wow... what a shit human being. can you link me to some proof? cause then I will boycott Channel Awesome till THAT fuckhead is fired.
Except he does not work for them anymore. Hasn't for around a year now. :/

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Urgh. +5 To my Cynicism. It only takes something like misinterpreted sarcasm or a passing remark or even a rumour to ignite one huge raging inferno. I'm not going to debate or even question whatever's happened, I'm just going to keep watching what I like and hope that both entities can exist separately in peace.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
BreakfastMan said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Oh good.... Wow I'm listening to him right now. LordKat is a fucking loser.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
SaneAmongInsane said:
Rednog said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Rednog said:

Note:

http://www.twitch.tv/lordkat/b/322361112
I got removed from the chat during the first video, and it doesn't look like I can access it, but this is the follow up video.

KrabbiPatty

Jan 16, 2008
Can I just say, watching middle class white suburbanites tear each other new assholes like a bunch of feuding highland tribes is absolutely the funnest ever thing ever.

Their twitters are all calm and shit on the surface but if you parse through the newspeak it's like the Hatfields and the McCoys over there. I get the impression some of them are one Antwater's side and others have sided with Preggers (or however the hell you spell it).

You can't see but I'm giddy with excitement for gossip and drama right now.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
BreakfastMan said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
My mistake on that, I assumed he was still with Channel Awesome since I've seen him pop up in crossover/tweets with CA members.

Nov 28, 2007
Have Todd, Nash, or Film Brain taken any sides? Those are the only three I watch on there anymore.

Edit: Although since Hope is staying out of it, I'd imagine Nash is as well, unless he feels the need to defend her.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Wow this LordKat guy just said "try doing stand up comedy away from your fucking fans!" wow... this guy is an idiot.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
thebobmaster said:
Have Todd, Nash, or Film Brain taken any sides? Those are the only three I watch on there anymore.

Edit: Although since Hope is staying out of it, I'd imagine Nash is as well, unless he feels the need to defend her.
I saw film brain comment on Lupus's side, I haven't seen Todd or Nash yet, I'm still digging since a lot of stuff has been censored/removed on both sides, a lot of searching is going on what google has cached.

KrabbiPatty

Jan 16, 2008
Linkara, poor schmuck, seems to be desperately trying to calm the whole thing down and contain the damage all by his lonesome while everyone else is exploding into RAEG!!!

Oh Lovehug, why must you always be the Blue Ranger.

Nov 28, 2007
KrabbiPatty said:
Linkara, poor schmuck, seems to be desperately trying to calm the whole thing down and contain the damage all by his lonesome while everyone else is exploding into RAEG!!!

Oh Lovehug, why must you always be the Blue Ranger.
According to Spoony, Hope (aka JesuOtaku) is trying to help out Linkara as well.

Rednog said:
thebobmaster said:

I saw film brain comment on Lupus's side, I haven't seen Todd or Nash yet, I'm still digging since a lot of stuff has been censored/removed on both sides, a lot of searching is going on what google has cached.
Is he being a douche about it, though? I don't really mind if they take sides, but I do not want to see anyone stooping as low as LordKat.