The strangest thing a teacher ever told you about themselves

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
I had a music teacher when I was in year twelve who had just started teaching that year so her and the class were pretty friendly. One lesson she was teaching us about children's music and played a small Australian children's band called the Hooley Dooleys. After the song she said "I used to go out with that singer."

Cue the Hooley Dooley jokes for the rest of the year.

evilengine

Nov 20, 2009
I have three rather creepy ones. First off during 6th Form we were watching the movie Kes in Film Studies. One of the film's scenes involved the boy, Billy, being forced to shower in cold water after a PE lesson after everyone else. The PE teacher makes him strip off and go in and instructs the other boys in the class to not allow him out, the scene ending with Billy climbing naked over the shower walls to escape.

Our teacher then proceeded to tell us how he suffered a familiar situation as a kid. Apparently while at school something happened during a PE match, I don't remember exactly what, he might have forgotten his kit or gotten hurt during a game, something along those lines. His PE teacher brought him in, took him to the little office near the changing rooms and made him strip down completely naked in front of him. Again I've no idea what the exact context was to it, he said there was no reason the teacher made him do this, but it scared and embarrassed him senseless, I don't blame him one bit.

The second story is far more gruesome. My english teacher during Secondary School often told us stories from his childhood, I liked him alot. In fact both him and my Film Studies teacher were my favourites during Secondary School and 6th Form.

He told us when he was a boy he and the other kids would play cowboys and indians at a local mine/quarry. There was a big pile of scrap, rubble, slag and stuff. Basically a big mound that kids love to play around on. Above this pile was a sort of mine cart that ran along a suspended rail. This bucket/cart would carry stuff from the mines/quarry and dump it on the pile, then carry on and disappear into a mining tunnel. One day when my teacher was playing with his friends there, as usual, when one of the boys naturally wanted to climb into the cart and have a short ride. What kid wouldn't? He went to the top of the pile, and sure enough managed to climb in the cart as it passed over. He didn't jump out though, he continued to sit in it as it went along into the tunnel. According to my teacher, the boy was dumped out into a rock crushing machine inside the mine, and was completely mashed up and killed horribly. Yeah.... Other stories he told included running over caterpillars on his bicycles, his grandmother throwing a firework into their fireplace and blowing up in her face (she wasn't hurt, just shocked).

Finally, another teacher told us a story when he was younger. Whilst on an average day in the neighbourhood, he saw a little kid playing by the road. The kid crouched down to look at or pick something up, to which his head was immediately crushed by a reversing vehicle. Jesus I had some weird stories told by my teachers, even my old Music teacher told us how a cat was run over and sprayed blood all over his car, he didn't have time to clean it as he was on his way to an important meeting that day. Anyway, we're getting on to four stories, and pretty grim ones at that =/

Hazzard

Jan 25, 2012
Akichi Daikashima said:
Hazzard said:
When I was in Year 4 at school my teacher told me about how she and her family went to France. She went into a bakery and said
"Je veux une miche de pain."
This means
"I want a loaf of bread" in French. And then everyone in the shop laughed. She then realizes she has not said "I want a loaf of bread" She actually said "I am a loaf of bread" and not whenever she says "I can speak French" her whole family points this experience out to her.
It does; I do GCSE level French;
"Je suis"-I am(edit)

Still quite funny nonetheless.

I AM STEVE, KING OF BREAD, LORD OF WHOLEMEAL!
BOW BEFORE MY CARBOHYDRATES!
TASTE THE TOAST OF MY WRATH!
This didn't really come out right, I was trying to get across that she didn't actually say "I want a loaf of bread" that was just what she thought she said.

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
my tech drawing teacher is a crazy bastard!
each year at my school a couple of teacher take a classes to theme parks like lunar park or wet'n'wild etc
this one year he was waiting in line to jump off this diving board and into the wave pool. He was 2nd in line when he decided to throw one of the students of the edge, laughing as he did so, but it turns out the kid he threw off didn't even go to our school! and that his dad was standing right behind him!
long story short he got kicked out of the park
there was also the time where he farted in a students face, and i don't mean just standing in the same room together, i mean literally 8 inches away from his face!
he also shot some poor kid in the dick with a paintball gun, and he wasn't wearing a cup
but then he also stopped a women from committing suicide off a bridge, so i guess he redeemed himself

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Ironic bringing up a discussion like this especially with whats been happening in my school.

So at the beginning of Thanksgiving weekend my AP Psychology teacher doesn't show up and she's gone for the entire week. You would think she just took a long vacation... but then on Tues rumor spreads around that 2 nights before she skyped with a student and exposed her private areas to said student and said student took pictures of this and showed them to everyone he knew peer wise the very next day. I didn't want to believe it, cause rumors are usually 90% of the time false, but then any mention of the rumor met with an instant suspension, and when my schools morning news program made a joke about the rumor... they were taken off the air mid show because of "technical difficulties". Whatever the staff was hiding, they did one hell of a poor job at doing it.

My psychology teacher comes back monday after thanksgiving break and tells us that she will be moving school districts when the semester ends. I go on facebook and there are links to the local predator awareness website with her name on top...

Yeah, she didn't really come out and tell us she is a predator but with the way the staff at my school handled the situation, she might as well have screamed it on the morning announcements. I now will spend the remainder of my AP psychology class with a not so secret sexual predator for a teacher. At least she still has her smile and sense of humor. 0_e

Mugen

Dec 14, 2011
A university lecturer of mine came out to us at the end of my first year. That in itself is not so uprising, but this particular lecturer was the youngest Aboriginal Elder in our area, and apparently homosexuality is quite frowned upon in native Australian society.

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
My Biology teacher told us once about how his first job was in Alaska and he and a friend were out at a wilderness observation center. His friend went for a walk and never came back, turns out he got eaten by a polar bear, all they found were his legs from the knee down.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I was never fond of any of my teachers.
the only thing i remember about my teachers that was weird is how one of my history teachers taught us about japanese legends where a lady stuck chopsticks up her private parts.
I cant remember when or how that topic came up, but it sure stuck in my memory for sure.

CrimsonBlack

Mar 10, 2011
My stories are tame compared to everyone's! :p

We had a music teacher - a very pedantic man who on rare occasions had a wickedly deadpan and funny sense of humour.

We were all sitting in a small classroom and he was talking about music theory. He had been talking for about half an hour, and most of the class were drifting off, when suddenly the only lightbulb in the room fizzed and then shattered, casting the room in a dull twilight. All this music teacher did was look up at the remnants of the bulb and remark, ever so laconically: "...well... that was exciting." He then carried on teaching as if nothing had happened.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Hazzard said:
Akichi Daikashima said:
Hazzard said:
When I was in Year 4 at school my teacher told me about how she and her family went to France. She went into a bakery and said
"Je veux une miche de pain."
This means
"I want a loaf of bread" in French. And then everyone in the shop laughed. She then realizes she has not said "I want a loaf of bread" She actually said "I am a loaf of bread" and not whenever she says "I can speak French" her whole family points this experience out to her.
It does; I do GCSE level French;
"Je suis"-I am(edit)

Still quite funny nonetheless.

I AM STEVE, KING OF BREAD, LORD OF WHOLEMEAL!
BOW BEFORE MY CARBOHYDRATES!
TASTE THE TOAST OF MY WRATH!
This didn't really come out right, I was trying to get across that she didn't actually say "I want a loaf of bread" that was just what she thought she said.
Don't worry about it; I have a French Mock on Monday, so I am focused on French, as a result, Grammar Nazism is a symptom; and like I said, its still quite funny :D

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
One of my Math Teachers I had, had wearing all the time sun glasses.
At some point I ask him why he wearing them and he told me so he can keep an eye on us without know if he looking at us or not.

Yeah, sound weird, but at the same time this sound very practical.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
I found out this week that my English teacher in college also makes professional ceramics.

There's even a video of him making a pot

I just found it weird that he teaches me Great Gatsby by day and makes pots by night.

Quala

Mar 18, 2009
My English teacher has told my class about her first couple teaching jobs and how crappy they were. One was on an Indian Reserve in buttfuck nowhere Ontario where she was basically told "Don't be too alarmed if you wake up and your lawn is on fire, they do that to a lot of the new teachers."

She later woke up in the night to the sounds of something going around in her attic. Frightened, she got her husband to watch the entrance to the attic with the biggest kitchen knife they had while she went for help. When she went outside, she noticed that the ventilation grate for the attic was torn up and there was a pickaxe hanging from it. Turns out someone on the reserve had gotten high, thought she was Madonna, and proceeded to break into her attic.

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
There was a supply teacher at my school who was always telling zany stories. The only one I really remember was how he claimed he'd run the whole length of the Great Wall of China. Halfway through, he'd fallen over or something and had a huge gash in his leg, but just got up and carried on running, managing to finish.

This is just one example, there were loads, but obviously all complete fiction. We all loved lessons with him though, because you'd never have to do anything.