The Stupidest Thing You've Ever Heard

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
I was playing Mass Effect 2 and when your ship does a bit of a crash landing, it kinda makes a sound like the old transformers transforming noise. My former roommate: "Wow, they ripped off the transformers sound, this game sucks, it can't do anything original." he's also commented on how it sucks because it "has too much talking and not enough shooting." Gaming philistine.

EHKOS said:
I didn't really hear it, but it went a little like this. "Hey guys, why don't we create a system where we have thousands of people. Then lets try to manage them all with one another and have different groups for some of them. Then after all that lets make it really hard for them to agree on things so that shit never gets done!"
-Creators of American Government
You think that's bad, you should see how the Canadian federal system is designed, it's just if not more broken then America's.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
interspark said:
anthony87 said:
I made a comment on these forums about how MMO's just go on and on, to which this was said;

"Like real-life? That's basically what an MMO is."

I had myself a little chuckle at that.
well... thats right, MMOs are SUPPOSED to go on and on
I know that, the part that caught my attention was where the guy equates an MMO to real-life.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
hurricanejbb said:
"Sarah Palin in 2012" and "Four more years for Obama." (See, I'm equal opportunity.)
Both are equally stupid ideas though, who do you want, the crazy woman or the inexperienced man who coasted in on popularity yet barely knows how to get anything done?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Some people in school today were arguing about how some shoes are made of stuff that doesn't weigh anything.
"IT HAS SPECIAL MATERIAL!" They said.

rescuer86

Apr 12, 2010
As a fan of "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" with Rick Mercer's "Talking to Americans" segments, the best one was when Rick asked an elderly lady the question "Do you think that we should blame public schools for the fact that 70% of school children could not find their home state on a map. The lady said it showed there was a crisis in the public education system, then the 10 year old boy with her said "Hey, wait a minute! Canada has provinces, not states!" The other reason this is funny, is that this was the result of an actual study done in the United States.

Dumbest thing I have ever heard in person? I know a college educated woman who believes that the Holocaust never happened. It is just a conspiracy created by the Jews to help them take over the world.

milkoy

Apr 28, 2009
Sennz0r said:
I once heard someone try to explain to our maths teacher that you can in fact divide by 0, using dividing pizza to further explain his theory. It was so stupid I can't even remember the specifics.
You can divide by zero; the result is infinity.

mastermarty

Feb 13, 2010
a classmate of mine didn't want to make a test, and so, made a note ''from his father'' that he was sick and couldn't learn, and that he couldn't make it.
a pretty good idea, but he made it like this..:

"dear sir/madam,

my son was sick of late, and therefore coudn't learn properly for this test. we hope that you can exuse him from class for the moment, so he could make it at a moment were he's feelling better.

signed, MY DAD!"

... that's pretty stupid...

Neikun

May 11, 2010
In my grade nine English class we were analyzing a short story about an alien sniper who had to shoot humans from his tower. A classmate suggested that the story took place on Earth, when I asked him why he felt that was he said it was because this planet had gravity.
I told him that all planets and even the moon has gravity to which he and the teacher both told me I was incorrect. I almost walked out of that classroom.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I don't remember how we got started talking about this, but one of my old co-workers once claimed that AIDS was not a disease, it was a symptom of a disease.
Another former co-worker claimed that he was a part of the Crips, Bloods and Jugalos (the three biggest gangs in America. THis same co-worker also claimed that he and a friend hacked into the worlds Nuclear Launch codes (U.S.A.,Russia, etc.) and created a program that, if they did not input a code every so often, would launch every single nuclear missile into the sun and cause it to either explode or go supernova (either way it would have destroyed Earth).

Yet another former co-worker thought that him (at age 17) reading all of the Goosebumps books in a year was an accomplishment. Finally, the stupidest thing I may have heard was when Goosebumps guy claimed that Jar-Jar Binks was a better character than Chewbacca.

Your once and future Fanboy

The Norwegian One
Feb 11, 2009
Some guy once bitched about that they shouldn't have made L4D because L4D2 was better and they should just made that game from the start.

and this other guy who had tickets to see Dio (R.I.P) and Heaven n hell in Norway August 11th , got retarded after i said that Dio might not be able to show up because of the stomach cancer, and he replied with this line; "just because he have stomach cancer doesn't mean he can't still sing". What a fucking idiot!

but the best one came from the cousin who said your gay if you have anal sex with a woman. he heheheheh! i lol'ed hard after that.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
The Theory of Evolution.

Yeah, go ahead, laugh. I'm entitled to my opinion, and you can pry it from my cold, dead hands :p

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Skylane14 said:
The Theory of Evolution.

Yeah, go ahead, laugh. I'm entitled to my opinion, and you can pry it from my cold, dead hands :p
If you don't mind my asking, why is it the stupidest thing you've ever heard?