The Super Hero RP Deluxe! (Closed, Started)

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Tim Merridy

"Save the world more then a dozen times from eldritch nightmare fuel that makes Lovecraft look like Dr Seuss before I was old enough to drive and this is how I'm re-payed, no respect.at.all."

Tim snickered at the comment, but he stayed still, hoping the police-men would understand that he had already given up.

"I think. I will be 'resisting arrest' by leaving, I still have to find the girl that supposedly has the evidence need to burn this whole 'Hero Registration' thing to the ground."

"Oh? She does?" he asked, sounding rather interested in the fact. Even so, he dismissed it as nothing, Tim didn't need Unicorn to know he had any interest in Rias. "Peculiar."

Perhaps I'm better of trying to wreck havoc than letting them take me, then. But playing the role of someone trying to redeem himself is so much more fun.

Tim shrugged. He laughed quietly as she left, unable to take the heat, and looked towards the police-officers.

"It's me and you now, right? Well, here's a surprise for you. I give up. You can have me. All I want is a chance to change, to join this... hero organization, right? Look," he put his hands up, the spikes on his armor disappearing. "I can be a good guy too. I've never hurt anyone, all I wanted was a little fun. Just give me a chance."

He sounded as sincere as anyone could, pretending to be innocent and misunderstood. "I'm sure that you could talk it over with that boss of yours. Well, new boss of yours. The business woman, she's bought you all out, right?" Tim couldn't help himself, mocking the sell-out police was just too tempting for him to resist it.

I never did claim to have good impulse control. I mean, I'm a villain, I'm not supposed to either.

The police-officers didn't respond, simply kept their guns on him as they prepared for the arrival of the ones intended for these kinds of jobs, he was sure. However, hopefully one of them would have the sense to contact that woman.

Hiei can decide if they do it, or if they just arrest him instead. I don't know what Mina's told them, after all :p

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sirius Hamilton

Sirius had decided against walking home, instead taking a taxi back to his apartment. Daniel and him had spoken more about his art, and though Sirius wasn't exactly sure why, it sometimes felt like they had more in common than the other let on. He couldn't explain why or how, though. It had been enjoyable, though, he felt like he had walked a mile further to getting appreciation for his art than before. It was difficult to think of other things, he was simply going through what Daniel had said in his mind, a sort of celebration on his own. Perhaps it was odd, repeating the praise to himself. However, with every word of praise, he thought he could "feel" a little happier, even if it wasn't true.

Sirius was so lost in his thoughts that it wasn't until he nudged the door and realized it was open that he remembered what he had told Tess. She would be inside now, right. Probably have been there for a while too.

At least I hope that's her. Else it could be burglars.

Sirius didn't like that thought, he had items worth quite a lot of money inside, even if they were put away when he didn't use them. He slowly opened his door, prepared for that there could be someone dangerous there, but only saw Tess lying on his couch. A bit relieved, he took his jacket of and went to the kitchen to get a little water, wondering if Tess had been sleeping for long.

I wonder if I should wake her up. She looks really tired. But she could be sick too.

It was probably better for him to do it carefully now, than to have her suddenly react to a loud noise and get startled. Not that he was planning on making one, but better safe than sorry. He didn't want to admit it to himself, but it was also partly because he just wanted to wake her up.

"Hi," he said, and carefully nudged her awake. "Tess, it's me. Sirius. I'm sorry to wake you up, I just want to see if you are okay."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

"Though to be honest, I donno what even possessed me to go to the factory, it was really out of character for me."

Tom nodded and jotted down a few notes "What makes you say that?" he said "you went there to try and help right? I'd like to think that helping people is just human nature."

Stay professional, he reminded himself, he wasn't supposed to let his own views slip into matters of journalism regardless of what they were. Even so he knew well enough from stories of disasters that it was in human nature to help others. Certainly there were bad people who might take advantage of calamity for their own gains, but by and large any story of large disaster featured communities and even strangers pulling together to solve matters.

It's just too bad that sometimes it takes disaster to bring out the best in people.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"Tess, it's me. Sirius. I'm sorry to wake you up, I just want to see if you are okay."

She woke slowly at first, yawning as she began to sit up, and then remembered what was going on. She snapped more fully awake and glanced around almost as if in a frenzy, but then calmed. Her mind didn't feel as stretched out now, and the rest had eased her paranoia some.

"I'm fine," she said, shaking her head to clear her thoughts. What next? Did she plan to just squat in Sirius' place until she felt like going out again? Was she willing to let her worries about Mina cage her in?

"Nice place you have here," she said idly to Sirius.

She wondered if she should tell him about her concerns, he was already keeping one secret for her and it might put her more at ease to confide in another. But then if Mina somehow found out she wasn't keeping secrets... Screw that *****, I'm not going to let fear of her ruin my freedom. Still she wasn't sure about telling Sirius even beyond that, after all if he got involved he would be in danger and he'd been nice enough to her so far.

"So what do you do to afford a place like this?" she asked "I saw some painting stuff lying around, are you an artist by trade?"

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Mina​

"Miss Fukao, after what's occurred over the past month I think we do need a new team and training for handling all threats...and one of those threats is 'magic' or 'demons' or other things of that nature. I'm particularly not prepared to handle it, maybe I'd be fine in research and prep but fighting it? I've never had to fight any 'rogue magicians' that's for sure! So I was wondering if I could make a slightly...unorthodox request? You can still use your powers, correct? I was wondering if perhaps you'd like to, you know go, a few round? I think I noticed something mentioning a gym facility while we were walking? A sparring area of some kinda? Sorry if this is a bit too forward but hey, I see nothing wrong with some friendly sparring... Well, unless you're afraid. No offense but older heroes tend to, well frankly, 'lose their touch' after awhile. I get it if you aren't up to it, really I do."

For the first time in a long time, Mina was surprised. She had expected many things - accusations, attempts to slip away while no one was looking, even just punching her in the face and dragging her to jail in some misguided attempt at justice - but this... this was unforeseen. Unforeseen incidentally was bad. Unforeseen meant she didn't know what they were thinking.

For a moment too long she was silent. She coughed slightly then responded. "I'm afraid my powers are indeed not what they used to be. Unfortunately, the source of my powers was destroyed several years ago. In terms you might understand, I'm a bit like a cell phone with a broken charger; I can use my powers for a while, but once the battery runs out they're gone forever. It's also true I'm a bit 'out of practice' if you will. Still, if you feel such a battle will be useful to you, than I'm more than happy to help. Of course, for the sake of getting the most out of my limited remaining power, perhaps both you and Specter should spar at the same time." She said, inviting them down to the sparing arena.

Police

"I'm sure that you could talk it over with that boss of yours. Well, new boss of yours. The business woman, she's bought you all out, right?"

Needless to say, but the police didn't take this particular insult well. One of them lowered their weapon and approached Tim and pulled out a pair of handcuffs. "You're under arrest and we'll be taking you to the city jail."; with suitable emphasis on the city part.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
The Crick

"I'm afraid my powers are indeed not what they used to be. Unfortunately, the source of my powers was destroyed several years ago. In terms you might understand, I'm a bit like a cell phone with a broken charger; I can use my powers for a while, but once the battery runs out they're gone forever. It's also true I'm a bit 'out of practice' if you will. Still, if you feel such a battle will be useful to you, than I'm more than happy to help. Of course, for the sake of getting the most out of my limited remaining power, perhaps both you and Specter should spar at the same time."

"Uh, yeah sure..." The Crick said, still partially acting.

A cellphone with a broken charger? Interesting...

"Is the Specter really here? Seriously, is he here? I never know what's going through that guy's head anymore. He doesn't seem too trusting these day. Still makes a pretty good partner and damn fine hero though."

She clearly could sense Specter's presence somehow. The Crick's best bet was to just keep playing dumb, distance himself, chalk up Specter's secrecy to weird emotional ghost junk. She seemed to be buying it. All The Crick could do now was see how Specter handled things.

She knows man, The Crick thought, wishing he had a better way to communicate to The Specter. Just play it cool, play it cool...

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Specter=Frederick

...A sparring area of some kinda? Sorry if this is a bit too forward but hey, I see nothing wrong with some friendly sparring... Well, unless you're afraid. No offense but older heroes tend to, well frankly, 'lose their touch' after awhile. I get it if you aren't up to it, really I do."

"I'm afraid my powers are indeed not what they used to be. Unfortunately, the source of my powers was destroyed several years ago. In terms you might understand, I'm a bit like a cell phone with a broken charger; I can use my powers for a while, but once the battery runs out they're gone forever. It's also true I'm a bit 'out of practice' if you will. Still, if you feel such a battle will be useful to you, than I'm more than happy to help. Of course, for the sake of getting the most out of my limited remaining power, perhaps both you and Specter should spar at the same time."

"Is the Specter really here? Seriously, is he here? I never know what's going through that guy's head anymore. He doesn't seem too trusting these day. Still makes a pretty good partner and damn fine hero though."

A book disassembled and the pages flew across the room as Frederick did his best to contain his anger. This was an insult to Theodore's sacrifice, to everything they had done so far. A sparring match. What the hell was up with that? However, he kept some resemblance of cool, he couldn't let Mina know they knew what she had done.

Hero organization. Right. That's why we would be here.

"This is a farce," he said, not showing himself but still very much let his presence be known. His flair for drama made an appearance as he spoke, even if he himself didn't.

"An insult to this whole ordeal. I may have followed you Crick, and I may not have let my presence be known, but had I predicted you would be a complete and utter fool, then I would have shown myself before. A sparring match? For what purpose? It's mockery, either you investigate this whole hero organization thing in a reasonable fashion, or you don't. But go ahead, just play around, don't expect me to help you out, though. Trottel, both of you."

With that, he crossed his arms -though no one could see him still- he wondered if Mina could just sense his presence or actually see him clearly. If it was the former, then revealing himself would put him at an unneeded risk of having her be able to identify him, once she had the time. That was... dangerous. Especially because he wanted to be the prosecutor on her case.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Tim Merridy

"You're under arrest and we'll be taking you to the city jail."

"HAHA! HAHAHAHAHA!" Tim replied, letting his armor grow bigger as he laughed. "You do know that I could destroy that puny prison the second you put me in, right?! Heck, you couldn't even get me in those tiny toys," he pointed towards the handcuffs. "Would you prefer I put them on and slipped out of them, or that I crushed them? I mean, you have to try, right?!" He stepped forward, waiting for some sort of reply. His goo was thick enough to hinder any bullet getting through, and the policemen was very clearly out of their depth.

I should explain just how much they are, though. Arrogant bastards.

"Now, because I truly want to be a good boy, I'll explain this to you. I am a monster compared to you, I am so much stronger. I've picked up cars with ease, and when I do that I hold back, so I don't crush some poor bastard inside. I could do so much more damage than I have, I could stab 10 people in the time it takes you to get your gun out and decide to fire at me. I can withstand gunfire, I can move faster than most or your cars. If I wanted to, I could take out your entire little troop of officers in less than a minute. Is that what you want?" He stepped further forwards.

"I am a generous god. I am giving you the possibility to take me in, to let me become a hero, to have me use that destructive power for the good. You seen the other goo guy? Sir Awesome, or whatever? I have so much more control than that guy have. I destroy exactly as much as I want to. Do you really want to throw away that chance to have a hero with some damned control? Or do you really want me to prove what I really can do, against you?"

He chuckled, his goo armor forming what looked like a sharp-toothed grin. "Because I have no issue with eradicating those who stand before me, not when I have no rules to follow. As long as I'm a villain, I can and will crush you guys like tiny bugs. So... where was it you wanted me? The city jail? Are you sure you shouldn't be rethinking that?"

Sirius Hamilton

"I'm fine,"

"Okay, that's good."

Sirius made himself smile, moving a little so that she could sit up with more of an ease, and allowing her to take more space if she wanted to. He looked at her, she looked tired still, though he didn't want to ask her why she was so tired. Instead, he followed her eyes as she looked around.

"Nice place you have here,"

"Yeah. It's not too long since I moved in, and it's supposed to be for the summer only..."

Why did I say so much? Surely she does not care about how long I will be staying here.

He felt as if he was trying to sell her the apartment.

"But yeah, it's nice. I like it."

"So what do you do to afford a place like this? I saw some painting stuff lying around, are you an artist by trade?"

He scratched the bridge of his nose, and though it looked like a nervous habit, it was more because it was itchy. This was a little awkward, people had a tendency to react in an odd way when he said his father had a lot of money. Especially because he was a painter. He had been told he was a spoiled brat, even if they might hesitate to do so had they known just why his father had that money.

"Uhm, no, not yet. But I'm in talks with someone who is willing to give my art a chance, and that's good. All of this stuff, it's my father's money. He has a lot, and I wanted to experience a little of the world, so he's paying for it as long as I'm not earning my own money. He found this apartment for me online, and he wanted to be sure it was nice and had a good placement, because... I suppose he's worried about me being alone."

He rubbed the place he had scratched at, it felt as if he might have overdone it a bit. "Since I'm not normal, I mean. And because it's always just been the two of us. I call him every day to make sure he knows I'm fine." Sirius looked at Tess, not sure how the other would respond. Almost as if he was afraid of letting her think too much about what he had said, he added;

"And you? Why did you need to sleep over? I don't mind, but if you have troubles, you can tell me. I'll help."

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
The Crick

As Ms.Fukao guided them towards a sparring area, a book seemed to slightly shred itself, pages drifting across the floor.

Wait, no stay calm I just need to get her- The Crick thought, until the Specter spoke up.

"This is a farce. An insult to this whole ordeal. I may have followed you Crick, and I may not have let my presence be known, but had I predicted you would be a complete and utter fool, then I would have shown myself before. A sparring match? For what purpose? It's mockery, either you investigate this whole hero organization thing in a reasonable fashion, or you don't. But go ahead, just play around, don't expect me to help you out, though. Trottel, both of you."

The Crick cringed slightly. Is that what the Specter thought he was doing? Just "playing"? That he didn't want to just arrest her now? Well, to be fair, The Crick had said he was going to do that, before entering the building. But then they ACTUALLY entered the building. The Crick had heard it, the initial pounding of boots,the distinct sounds of guns being primed and loaded, movement of security. He figured it was just "normal protocol" for a facility such as this. He was ready to arrest her after he listened to her reasoning.

He had listened. And he had thought. And then asked for tour of the building. He had a set of fiddler tucked away in his wrist and was waiting for the perfect time to let them drop and sneak away, jack into a computer and see what they can find.

But as they had toured the building, The Crick had been listening. Listening harder than he'd had to for awhile, barely focusing on what Ms.Fukao had been saying aside from a few things of interest. He'd been hoping to pick up something about Rias, pick up some dirt he could use to justify arresting her now. Instead he heard the sound of cameras turning and focusing on him.

And then he heard the gears of business turning. The lawyers, the media, the company dealings. He could hear people tapping away on keyboard, phone calls being made, and realized it wouldn't work.

The Crick arrests her. He doesn't have the authority to do that. She gets released because they don't have anything to justify her arrest.

The Specter could attempt to prosecute her but without Rias's information from Loveless they have no actual proof of her dealings.

Perhaps they do get an investigation of the building, then it's a matter of who can dig faster than the Fukao Group can bury. The answer would probably be whoever Miss Fukao has in charge of that.

Even with the information The Crick and his own small ring of connection gathered, none of it is concrete. It's too lose. The public still isn't too sure of heroes so they couldn't even appeal to emotion.

And this was just acknowledging her resources in one single building.

Miss Fukao was too big. Her powers weren't magical, they were corporate. Rias was wanted for the murder of the very person the Specter and the Crick wanted to avenge. Most of the police in the city technically worked for Miss Fukao now. She had could control the news. Arresting her now wouldn't work without Loveless's info, the information he died for. And they couldn't get that without Rias.

The Crick had hoped Unicorn would check in with a "I have Rias and her information secure" and he could just arrest Miss Fukao. But that wasn't going to happen, at least not anytime soon.

So The Crick simply ignored the Specter and let Miss Fukao guide him towards the sparring area.

He thought of Rias's speech on television. He thought of Psyclone, who wasn't alive because The Crick had spared him but was alive because the Crick hadn't realized the piece of shit wasn't dead. He wondered how well Miss Fukao could fight. He figured he could have a fiddler or two sneak away during the sparring match and jack into a computer. He wondered how Loveless would report on all of this if he was stil here. And then he wondered how much pressure and force it would take to puncture a skull or break a neck, particularly that of a middle aged women.

He thought of Rias's speech. He remembered something about a factory. And he listened.

"Yes, I came to check here and make sure this organization is legitimate, but this is how I work. If I can afford it, I try to understand people and why they do what they do before I make a choice. Even if there's only one choice, I need to know. That's the way it's gonna be." The Crick said to the Specter.

They entered the sparring arena.

"Miss Fukao, I must say, you've been a rather lovely host. A nice show of good faith. I'm hoping in the future I get a chance to 'fiddle around' with this building's resources. Building these suits is tough."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"What makes you say that?" he said "you went there to try and help right? I'd like to think that helping people is just human nature."

"I went because Theodor has contacts I don't, people he knows who can get this data out there and are way more influential then me. I shouldn't even have this data." Rias said, clearly frustrated with the situation. "Besides, I'm not a hero. I'm just a singer."

"So?" A voice said from above, which turned out to belong to Karen. " 'Doing what needs to be done' has nothing to do with your 'job'. Elvis was 'just a singer' but he still took up arms and fought for his country in World War II, which why he's 'The King'." Karen as she walked up, giving a small wave as she did. "Anyway, Saw you crash that news cast, ballsy, anyway, here I am, as you invited."

Rias hesitated a moment, but then pulled you the USB drive with the data on it, to which Karen just stared at it a moment. "Don't suppose ether of you have anything to read it on do you?" and while Rias gave the hero a 'really...' look Karen reported in to Crick, stating that she'd been delayed by Lord Magnificence, but that she's with the girl and that they're about to go over the data, soon as they find something to read it on.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Mina​

For her part, Mina knew what they were up to. It wasn't like Rias's intrusion had gone unnoticed and that was before she had accused her of a crime on television. No one really believed her - Mina's control over the media and police was too strong for that - but that didn't stop the heroes from trying.

So yes; of course they were trying to sneak around and catch her in some kind of dirty deal. She was somewhat surprised by the Specter's outburst, unaware as she was of his connection to Theodore, but that was more an exception to her otherwise met expectations. The Crick and Specter were here trying to gather information; expecting to find some grounds on which to arrest her, apparently oblivious to the fact there was nothing dirty to find in the building. The fact of it was that Mina wasn't stupid enough to keep evidence of wrongdoing in a building purpose built to house both police and superheros.

That wasn't to say there weren't questionable things to find; two floors down she had a real-life Nazi scientist working on... well, Nazi science. Equal Opportunity Employment just doesn't cover that kind of thing. If anything, the real threat to her wasn't Rias so much as what she might have on her. If that data came to light... well it wasn't over, but it would be a hard fight that would burn considerable clout. Fortunately, there were contingencies for that.

Returning to the task at hand, Mina took to the opposite side of the sparing arena and transformed. "Miss Fukao, I must say, you've been a rather lovely host. A nice show of good faith. I'm hoping in the future I get a chance to 'fiddle around' with this building's resources. Building these suits is tough."

"Members of the organization have full access. One more incentive to join." She said, striking a stance. From there she summoned her scythe. "As for fighting mages; there are a few rules you should know. Rule #1: Never let them right from a distance." she said, launching a blast of magical fire directly at her battle-suited-up opponent.

Police

"...Because I have no issue with eradicating those who stand before me, not when I have no rules to follow. As long as I'm a villain, I can and will crush you guys like tiny bugs. So... where was it you wanted me? The city jail? Are you sure you shouldn't be rethinking that?"

While the villain monologued, apparently forgetting that villains haven't really done that since the 40s, the officer in the back called in reinforcements from the Anti-Superhuman Taskforce. This was a bit too much for the beat cops to handle. They were used to dealing with villains the heroes had already beaten into submission, not these kinds of monsters.

And to be certain; monster was the correct term.

The officer with the handcuffs however began to speak. "Yeah yeah. Keep speaking. I don't really give a damn about heroes, villains, or whatever. The damned truth is I have a job to do. I put on a uniform each day to take criminals in; you're no different. The rules apply to everyone, so to hell with your ego. Get on your knees, put your hands behind your head. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, the state is obligated to provide one..."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Tim Merridy

One could say things weren't going as they were supposed to. No, they definitely weren't. He could see one of the officers call for the anti-villain people, those with the actual equipment to handle it. That was bad, they'd completely missed the point, and now he'd have to act. He was partly annoyed, partly frustrated, and very, very ingrained in his role.

Is there no end to their foolishness?

The last straw, however, was the guy who decided to give him a lecture.

"Yeah yeah. Keep speaking. I don't really give a damn about heroes, villains, or whatever. The damned truth is I have a job to do. I put on a uniform each day to take criminals in; you're no different. The rules apply to everyone, so to hell with your ego. Get on your knees, put your hands behind your head. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, the state is obligated to provide one..."

The other trailed off, and for a brief moment, it felt like Lord Magnificent's mind was completely blank. With a angered growl, he stepped forward, swiping at the other, like he would any other hero. "For fuck's sake, can't you just shut up and get the script?!" He barely felt resistance in his swipe, but an odd sensation of something being torn lingered in the tips of his "fingers", and he stopped. Then the realization came, and a sickening feeling spread. His persona as a villain failing him, there suddenly was no Lord Magnificent. Only Tim Merridy.

I didn't just---

He looked down at his claws, one of them extended forwards, halfway through the officer, having entered from the side, and having severed and destroyed most if not all vital organs. There barely was a light in the policeman's eyes before it faded, and the man died. Murdered by Tim.

I did. Oh god.

Oh god, he had killed someone. Him. Not just Lord Magnificent, but Tim also. And now he could feel gunshots at his armor, every gunshot bouncing off his goo-armor as if they were made of soft sponge. He felt out of breath, as if he was suffocating, and while his appearance had not faltered, his will certainly had.

Role. I need to... I need to get out of here, and I need to keep my role. They can't know I'm upset, that I'm... I'm so soft. I need to keep intimidating them, if not the other guys will overpower me.

How long had passed now? Only half a minute, he was sure it couldn't have been long, but it was far too long. The officers had surrounded him, and he pushed his way past them.

"OUT OF MY WAY, PITIFUL CREATURES!"

Claws or no claws, Tim made his way past the officers in a forceful manner, not paying attention to if his spikes or claw did any more damage. The worst had already happened. He ran, and he ran, the only real direction he had was "towards Tom's apartment", the armor around him shifting so that it was only a thin -though still distorting his real shape- layer around his body, as to not call too much attention to himself. His mind was a jumbled mess.

It wasn't until he was sure he had gotten enough of a lead that he took the chance to enter an alley and let the goo loosen up, quickly disappearing as he started walking, now looking like just another person. Well, just another person who had happened to murder someone, that was.

Where do I go? Will the police realize?

He needed a way to hide, his hands shaking in his pockets. One thing he knew he'd have to do, was to get out of Tom's apartment, at some point Tom would find out, and then... then... Tom wouldn't sell him out, would he?

He does have a strong sense of justice.

More of that queasy feeling. Tim might've thrown up if it hadn't been for the fact that his stomach was completely empty. Besides, throwing up meant--

Wait, was that Tom? Yes, it had to be, Tom, in the park, with Rias, and... the Unicorn? Well, that was an odd combination. He made a quick choice, and headed over there. If he was standing with his brother, his twin brother, he would look less out of place. Not that he looked out of place, but he certainly felt out of place, and just feeling out of place probably made him look suspicious. He stopped, took a brief moment to calm down and think of how to act. He'd just be Tim. Normal Tim. Happy Tim.

Approaching the other from behind, he put his hands around Tom's waist, putting his mouth close to Tom's neck and blowing, grinning as the other showed discomfort. For what it was worth, his brother's presence made him feel calmer, his hands less shaky, though he couldn't keep his heart from beating too much. No way to control that. "Hi there, slightly older brother. Hanging with fugitives? Can I join in?" He patted the other's shoulder before letting go and looking towards the girls, hands put back into his pockets as he realized this was probably going to be the last time he saw Tom. Soon, he'd be dead to his brother.

I should at least warn them. Not let them get caught up in what... what I've done.

"Oh, also, I saw some cops not far from here, I think someone's stirred up some trouble, and I assume you'd not like to get caught?" Tim said, nonchalantly. After only a brief second, he raised an eyebrow, then added, directed at Unicorn as a way to change the conversation; "Also, what's with the get-up?"

Was this right? Shouldn't I be... I should be running. But I don't want to. I don't... I don't want that.

Tim wasn't sure what he wanted anymore. He wasn't sure he had much of a choice either.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

"Anyway, Saw you crash that news cast, ballsy, anyway, here I am, as you invited."

Tom was halfway through jotting down Rias' answer when a voice came from above. He looked up to see another hero, though from what he'd heard and seen he had his doubts about her methods. Did Rias invite her? How do they know each other?

"Friend of yours?" he said to Rias.

Suddenly Tim walked up, trying to act nonchalant though Tom could tell that something seemed off. Tim's demeanor seemed forced perhaps? It was hard to tell and he could easily be mistaken. Did something happen?

"Oh, also, I saw some cops not far from here, I think someone's stirred up some trouble, and I assume you'd not like to get caught?"

"We're not doing anything wrong," he said, "and I hope you aren't the one whose been stirring up trouble."

____________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"And you? Why did you need to sleep over? I don't mind, but if you have troubles, you can tell me. I'll help."

And he probably would too, he doesn't seem to care regardless of what I do. Wonder if it's all an act, if so its a convincing one. Still she felt a need to tell someone about what she'd gotten involved in, what she'd done, yet at the same time she felt that it was something she absolutely could not share. If anyone was listening in, if anyone found out... she didn't want to think about that.

"What if I'd killed someone," she said "hypothetically speaking of course."

Real convincing there Tess, A+ acting. Still by his reaction she might be able to tell if it was safe to tell him or not, maybe not everything but at least get some of it off her chest.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
The Crick

Ms.Fukao changed appearance in a mere second.

"Rule #1: Never let them fight from a distance." She said, as a burst of flame flew towards the Crick.

He leaped forwards and upwards over the the flame, spiraling through the air. He was above her now and kept soaring, his mind contemplating how long he'd keep this up. Wondering when he could attempt to let his fiddlers fly away. And wondering what the why the building seemed to be...humming?

He landed a few feet behind her and prepared to leap towards her,

"Close the gap. Thanks for the advice-" Just then he got the call from Unicorn. She'd been delayed, but she had found Rias. The Crick stood there for a second before putting his arms up.

"Wait, timeout, hold on!" He muted his helmets external speakers and spoke to Unicorn. "Get her to the Subway base. I don't know how much information Loveless has on there, but my computers should be able to sift through it...maybe...still better than being out in the open."

The Crick turned back to Mina.

"Hey Specter, I got good news. We can do what we came here to do. Ms.Fukao, you're under arrest."

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Mina​

As the Crick called a time out mere seconds into the battle, Mina dismissed the scythe and instead called forth a fly spell on the staff so that she had a place to sit. The call didn't take long, but the results were rather profound. "Hey Specter, I got good news. We can do what we came here to do. Ms.Fukao, you're under arrest."

Mina raised an eyebrow at that. "Oh? Well, not that you have the authority to arrest anyone anymore, but I'll humor you. What's the charge?" It didn't take a rocket scientist - or in this case billionaire corporate CEO philanthropist - to figure out what had happened. No doubt one of them had caught up to Rias and seen fit to take the data. No matter; contingencies were in place. They were always in place.

Dismissing the fly spell and returning her staff to it's most basic wand mode and slipped it into a case at her belt. As she did, she cast a spell; the spell shed gained from Theodore to change the information displayed by a computer on screen. Specifically, on The Crick's screen. From there, she held up her hands. "I do hope this isn't some rash move against the hero organization. I had hoped we were making progress."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Oh, ya know, trying to bring back that 'functional female armor' look." Karen replied sarcastically, though gave this new guy an odd look, but got distracted by a call from Crick.

"I've never met her before, but I did ask for those closet to Theodor to come find me so I could give them what he very likely intended them to have in the first place." Rias said to Tom. "Hey Tim" she added since Tim had shown up as well, though the news about the cops didn't seem to do much for her.

Karen turned back to the group. "Sorry you two, but I need to barrow Red for a bit." Karen said as she walked up to Rias, who had a quizzical look on her face. "I just got word back from Crick, I'm to bring you back to our base and have the computer there sift through the data."

"And I need to go along why you because?" Rias asked, which earned a 'really ...' look from Karen. "Oh I donno, the murder charges."

Rias sighed that 'I want to be done with this' sigh and manifested her own wings. "Don't worry you two, she'll be safe for the time being." Karen said as the pair of them left for the 'secret base'. once the pair arrived Karen took the drive from Rias, who just took a seat, plugged it into the computer and waited while it compiled a list of suspect and criminal activity's.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Frederick Rolls

The Specter distanced himself from the sparring, he didn't want to see it. It was idiotic and insulting, the woman had killed someone. However, it didn't last long, as Crick called out to him.

"Hey Specter, I got good news. We can do what we came here to do. Ms.Fukao, you're under arrest."

"It's about time," he replied, ready to act. Waiting for Crick's call. However, it seemed like Mina had something more planned, he didn't know what, but her demeanour was suspicious.

She probably knew why we were here from the very moment we approached the desk.

He hadn't given it much of a thought, but he had expected her to lock them out when they wanted to enter, and now her suspicions revealed themselves. He just hoped she didn't have a plan against it.

"I do hope this isn't some rash move against the hero organization. I had hoped we were making progress."

"Well, the hero organization happens to be an extremely bad idea," he said, and started using his powers, pushing her downwards. "But this is for something else. I'm a ghost, I've talked to Theodore myself, so I know you're just a criminal. And now we have more proof of your crimes." He used his telekinesis to force her further down, barely holding back enough to not have to risk smashing her into the ground or breaking a few bones.

"Crick, arrest her. We don't need to play along anymore, and this facade has grown tiresome."

Tim Merridy

"Hey Tim"

Tim gave her a quick wave, though he felt a little distracted. There was also a reply to his earlier remark towards Unicorn, but it was Tom's voice who got his attention.

"We're not doing anything wrong, and I hope you aren't the one whose been stirring up trouble."

It was with that he was forced to let a little of his mask drop, his smile turning more serious. "Well, I'm here, am I not?" he asked, as if expecting the other to realize why. Then he remembered that he'd never really told Tom what he was planning.

He'd have stopped me if he did.

Because he would have known it was a bad idea.

"Oh I donno, the murder charges."

Murder charges. She's accused of doing what I... actually did.

Tim's stomach twisted itself further, and he kept his eyes on his feet. His hands kept shaking in his pockets, it felt as if they would be able to see it by now. However, they didn't, or, if they did, they never addressed it.

"Don't worry you two, she'll be safe for the time being."

"...yeh, sure," Tim replied, and waited for them to leave, making sure there was no one else there, then looked at Tom.

"Tom... I... I killed someone. I wanted to help you guys out, and have them take me to the business woman leading the hero organization, but he kept pushing, and told me they'd take me to the city jail, even though I had already surrendered, told them I wanted to be good. I..."

It was getting difficult breathing, and he pushed more words out, feeling as if he had to force them out. "I didn't mean for it to happen, and I felt all numb, I just thought like, for some reason I lashed out like I would with a hero, an actual hero, not a... not a normal person. And then, then I saw him, and his blood, and, Tom, I... I... I... he died and I... I never wanted that to happen." He took a step away.

"J-j-just let me get my stuff, and I'll disappear, I won't bother you, I promise, just don't hate me, don't... don't tell the police either, but more importantly, don't hate me, please. I didn't do it on purpose, I promise, I didn't want him to..." he covered eyes, they were full of tears, but it was Tom's look he was trying to keep out. He didn't know how the other would react, and he wished he'd never said it, but it was already too late.

"I'm sorry," he sobbed.

Sirius Hamilton

"What if I'd killed someone, hypothetically speaking of course."

Sirius looked at her with a blank expression. He knew that he was supposed to be shocked, or at least be worried, but he wasn't using his connection with anyone, and thus only could give her a somewhat forced frown. "Well, killing people isn't good," he started, leaning closer to better read her expression. She was definitely keeping something from him, and her words hadn't seemed very convincing.

I suppose I can only tell her what I think.

"But people are killed for a lot of reasons. Was it a bad guy? Would he hurt you, or someone else? Was it an accident? You seem... worried, about it, so I don't think you did it because you felt like doing so. If you had done it, of course. Depending on who you killed, how, and why, I would probably have given you different forms of help, but I said I would help you, so even if you had killed someone, I would have done as I promised."

He looked away, giving her some time to think it through without his blank stare. Sirius knew the stare, probably made her uncomfortable, especially with him talking about her perhaps having murdered someone in such a matter of factly voice.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

"I'm sorry,"

Tom wasn't sure what to say, what to think. His brother had killed someone. He'd always known Tim was a villain, why had he never done anything to stop this? Had he turned a blind eye simply because Tim was his brother? How was that fair or just? What should he do now, show Tim mercy? It felt like the right thing to do but was it really, would he show the same mercy and forgiveness to any other villain? He wanted to think that he would, but he couldn't be sure.

He looked away from Tim, he wasn't sure he could bear to look his brother in the eyes with what he'd done.

"I... I need to think about this," he said, his voice wavering and confused "I won't kick you out... but I haven't decided what else to do just yet."

His voice hardened "If you say you're sorry you need to show it though," he said "I shouldn't have overlooked your actions before now, if you keep trying to be a villain I'll be forced to treat you the same as any other."

Everyone deserves a chance at redemption, right? But what of the man Tim had killed, what about those who cared about him? Was redemption more important than justice? I need time to think.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"But people are killed for a lot of reasons. Was it a bad guy? Would he hurt you, or someone else? Was it an accident? You seem... worried, about it, so I don't think you did it because you felt like doing so. If you had done it, of course. Depending on who you killed, how, and why, I would probably have given you different forms of help, but I said I would help you, so even if you had killed someone, I would have done as I promised."

He's serious isn't he? It was truly surprising, perhaps she'd stumbled on the one person in the city who genuinely didn't care what she did, or what she had done in the past. Still she was too used to keeping things to herself, telling him more felt wrong, even if she wanted to share.

"Nevermind," she said "What I did isn't important, I'm just worried there might be fallout from it. I wanted someplace safe to lay low for a bit and I thought of you."

She frowned, even that felt a bit too honest for her liking. He might kick her out if he thought she posed a risk to his place after all. His blank stare and matter of fact tone were hard to read, but it seemed to her like a logical action and even if he was devoid of emotion he wasn't devoid of that was he?

"If you want me to leave I'll understand," she said "I know how to look after myself so you needn't worry."

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
The Crick

""I do hope this isn't some rash move against the hero organization. I had hoped we were making progress."?"

"Crick, arrest her. We don't need to play along anymore, and this facade has grown tiresome."

"Already on it," The Crick said as he approached Ms.Fukao with handcuffs, "The hero organization wasn't the worst idea, sadly you're kinda crazy. "Mad and power hungry" apparently. Not my words, but now we've got the evidence to back them up-" The crick stopped and stared at the information being to his suit's display. The Crick scanned the screen and from behind his helmet, his brow furrowed.

"Um...Unicorn? This...doesn't look like evidence of anything wrong...this isn't anything. Unicorn, please tell me you plugged in wrong USB and are now about to put in the correct one..."

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Mina

Mina tried to hide her shock at Specter's revelation. "How is it that he spoke with the dead; that shouldn't be possible with... no matter." Mina thought, her face blas?. Shaking her head free of the aberrant thoughts for the moment; she still had tasks to do. Focusing, she tried to spread the spell through The Crick's connection to his base computer. She couldn't alter most of the files Theodore had taken - only those of audio and visual natures which were exceptionally few - but she could hope to prevent the display of the evidence for a time. Unfortunately the spell was still new to her and therefore finicky at best. For now, it took all her limited magic just to maintain and spread the spell.

"Um...Unicorn? This...doesn't look like evidence of anything wrong...this isn't anything. Unicorn, please tell me you plugged in wrong USB and are now about to put in the correct one..." The Crick said, bringing an involuntary sigh of relief to Mina. "Oh dear? Is there something wrong? Surely you wouldn't be making these acquisitions without solid evidence; Specter's unsubstantiated claims aside."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Frederick Rolls

"Oh dear? Is there something wrong? Surely you wouldn't be making these acquisitions without solid evidence; Specter's unsubstantiated claims aside."

He pinned Mina further down, if she could shake her head, he was giving her too much freedom. Intimidatingly, he spoke, his determination clear in his voice.

"I don't care if there's something wrong with the data. I can bring a witness," the Specter said. "A witness in person, one who would be able to repeat everything Theodore says. It would be... interesting, to say the least, but I can assure you, this man would not lie to benefit someone like me. Nor Theodore. However, I would make a deal with the devil, if it meant we can bring you to justice." It would mean giving away his identity, but it would be worth it.

Looking over at Crick, continued. "Regardless of what's happening to the original proof, asking Theodore will bring us to the truth, I'm sure of it. So don't hesitate, we have this chance to crush her and this alone." As he said crush, he realised that maybe he was pushing her a bit too hard onto the ground, and eased his telekinesis, though only somewhat. Any objects around her had already been thrown to the side, the only chance she had to get free would be for the Specter to let her go.

And that's not happening.

Even if Crick got confused or unsure.

Tim Merridy

"I... I need to think about this, I won't kick you out... but I haven't decided what else to do just yet."

He looked at Tom, having hoped for something more. It was unfair, it wasn't Tom's job to make him feel better, and he understood the other being unsure, even if it might end up in him being thrown in jail.

Perhaps I have to leave, then.

He was going to give it more of a thought, when Tom's next statement forced a horrid reaction out of him.

"If you say you're sorry you need to show it though, I shouldn't have overlooked your actions before now, if you keep trying to be a villain I'll be forced to treat you the same as any other."

At Tom's hardened voice, Tim felt something in him shut up, something vital. Tom's tone had triggered something defensive in him, and he chuckled, tears still running from his eyes. It felt unreal, all of a sudden, and he stepped away from the other, as he laughed. It just... it was all too much for him, and he didn't know how to react in a way that didn't feel forced. Sickeningly forced.

"Hah, no," Tim said. "You don't get it. I don't care if I'd have to stop being a villain, I don't care if you should have overlooked my actions, but I'm crying, and shaking, and I've apologised, and I don't know what you want me to do to prove I'm sorry. Charity? Become a hero? What does that matter, when I've killed someone? And if you can't see that I'm sorry... I don't get it, the same way you don't get me." He dried his tears, a smile on his face that seemed anything but cheerful.

"I get something else now, though. I've killed someone, and... and what you want me to do is "prove " that I'm sorry. As if I can prove that in any way other than my fear and sadness and shame, and desperation, and... What should I do, kill myself? You know I can't do that, if I'm not brave enough to kill someone straight up, I'm certainly not going to be brave enough to pay for my mistake with my own life. But, you know. I get the point, and I'm sorry, but I can't spend every second and every ounce of energy of proving something you should've already have gotten. Sorry bro." He shrugged, still with that insincere grin.

"I was going to go get my stuff, but you know what? Keep them. The password to the laptop is "NEO", If you check under the couch, there's a stack of cash there, should at least be a couple of Ks, donate it to the man's family or buy comics or anything, really. I don't care what you do with it. It was nice knowing you though." With that, he walked off. If he heard Tom follow him, he would run, and though he doubted he'd be able to run much quicker than the other, he'd at least be in front of the other, and not forced to talk.

Ah, this is so messed up.

He felt his eyes tear up again, more guilt mixing into the very wrong sense of amusement.

How do you prove you're sorry apart from being sorry anyhow?

Sirius Hamilton

"If you want me to leave I'll understand, I know how to look after myself so you needn't worry."

He looked at her, tilting his head. He understood her worries, but it didn't seem like there was much to worry about. Unless whoever was after her was resourceful and plotting, though. "Do you have a tracking device on you? Do they somehow know your genetic setup, and are capable of tracking it through the walls? Did someone follow you, perhaps?" He looked at her, waiting for an answer before continuing.

"Do they know you've talked to me, and do they know who I am? Where I live? Do they think you'd go here? If not, I don't see any reason to worry. Besides, I have powers as well, if you need to be protected, I'm very useful for that kind of thing." He stretched.

"Anyhow, I'm tired and hungry. Do you want something to eat? I think I have a pizza in the fridge. Or I could just order something, though if you want to keep a low profile you'll have to hide when the delivery comes." Sirius saw no reason to worry about them perhaps maybe being found at some point, perhaps it would happen, perhaps not. But right now he was hungry.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"There's only one USB, and how are you not seeing ...." Karen started, the stopped, as this look of revelation crossing her face. "Where's Mina right now." Karen asked. She had an idea what was going on, why Crick couldn't 'see' the data.

While she waited for Crick to reply, this, sullen look settled over. Mina was an old friend, and the only one that was happy to hear she was back, but this data, and, he possible screwing with the investigation, she had to admit maybe, time had not been as kind to Mina as she'd thought.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
There's only one USB, and how are you not seeing ....Where's Mina right now."

She's with us, Specter has her restrained. Is something weird happening, cause I feel like something weird's happening?" The Crick said, looking between Ms.fukao and the Specter.

"Regardless of what's happening to the original proof, asking Theodore will bring us to the truth, I'm sure of it. So don't hesitate, we have this chance to crush her and this alone."

"Okay, just...as long as Theodore says things we can prove without a shadow of a doubt, I think we'll have a chance. Assuming if they even let us try this. We'd essentially be doing a seance in court."