The times you thought: 'fuck this game'

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Gears of War. I got all the way up to the unkillable final boss (I was playing on normal, he should have been killable) and after about 10-15 attempts to puzzle out some hidden method of luring him into the light to scare off his invincible shield of flying shit before I ran out of ammo, I said "fuck this series" and haven't picked up a GoW title since.

A Satanic Panda

Nov 5, 2009
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. Then the game designers thought that "Dog-fighting" meant "Put the player into a fucking helicopter"

Fuck that game.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Xcell935 said:
The DmC demo
"F*** you" -Donte

Uncharted 2's later gun fights can be a headache. You get shot a bunch, so your first instinct is to run away to the nearest safe chest high wall until the technicolor of life returns, only for a dick with a shotgun to spawn right next to you. Or a grenade/rocket launcher enemy is thrown in the fray. HHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!

Demons Souls and the Valley of Defilement. The bosses here are piss easy, but getting to them... Dark Souls's Blighttown was so much easier...

After grinding for an hour in Persona 3 and 4's dungeons, you come across any enemy who only uses Hama and Mudo skills, they spam the spells on you and you only. I have the most hardcore rage moments when the spells are successful hits.

Resident Evil 5, and the inventory system of bad. I played through the entirety of that game co op with my cousin. At least he shared in my pain when we found a gun, wanted the gun, but both our inventories were full so we spent a good 5 min figuring out what items will help us out and which ones we should drop in order to pick up the gun only to think there might be a boss weak to the items we DAMN YOU CAPCOM RE5 GETS A -11/5!
Yea, those stupid little plague rats in 5-1 or the giant mutant things. Hate that place. What makes it worse is no rusted ring until the next game. (hehe. "Hey, I know you! Won't you buy something?
My poor child is sick. He needs your help.")

Speaking of which. I was a bit torqued the other day when I lost to Artorias. I got impatient and made a mistake but it's irritating when he beats you with only 5 hp left.

the.gill123

Jun 12, 2011
I rented Assassins Creed 3 and could only manage to play it for 9 hours. In this time 3 hours are wasted with a terrible 'plot twist' which makes you think "Huh, that was stupid". Then the game sort of begins properly, but it just doesn't, you arse around for another 6 hours doing pointless crap and I just I ended up thinking fuck it, this is one of the most boring games I have ever played. I was actually talking to the TV at one point saying "Please game just tell me who to stab in the face, and let me do it MY way".

NONE!!!

Although I'm sure you do later in the game, but come on, 9 hours into Assassins Creed and all I've done is....is....erm...grown older?

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
My twenty-fifth attempt at the second fight with that hispanic dude in Dead Rising. Haven't played the game again since.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rocklobster99 said:
Any time I'm playing DMC4 and I encounter one of these assholes.

It doesn't help that I'm playing on Dante Must Die, which makes them even more of a headache.
With Dante, they aren't so bad ... with Nero ... >.> yeah, that was a defiant 'fuck this game' moment.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
6_Qubed said:
Gears of War. I got all the way up to the unkillable final boss (I was playing on normal, he should have been killable) and after about 10-15 attempts to puzzle out some hidden method of luring him into the light to scare off his invincible shield of flying shit before I ran out of ammo, I said "fuck this series" and haven't picked up a GoW title since.
That fight is nearly impossible without this little trick: you can use the torque bow to scatter his shield on your terms. I had to try about twenty times before I beat that fucker. That fight is bullshit because it completely goes against the way that combat has worked in the entire game up to that point.

And mods, sorry about the double post.

Ziodyne64

Jun 29, 2011
I got several, so here we go.

Shadow of the Colossus - Falling off a colossus.
Grand Theft Auto - Every single time a mission is failed.
Slender - Said every five seconds I'm still in the bathrooms.
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 & 3 - Being underwater.
Skyrim - Game freezes.
ICO - When Yorda won't get the hell over here.
Persona 4 Arena - Losing to Elizabeth online.
Dishonored - Being seen on a stealth playthrough.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
In Black Ops when ever I'm doing fairly well and have a 6 kill streak and am about to get a carpet bomb some asshole with a FAMAS sprays randomly in my direction for half a second and kiils me. Also in Skyward sword, I hadn't played the game for a few months because I got sick of the motion controls, first thing I have to do when I boot it back up is try to use some new flight technique on my motion control bird that would not bloody work. Afterwards I didn't play the game for ten months but I picked it up again in November and played up to a dungeon which was designed around sliding the rooms around in a block puzzle and I quit once again.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
GTA IV whenever I try to cross the street and I get hit by a car, or when I bail and i'm left with little to no life left, or when the driving sucks, or when anything besides the missions. Seriously, Fuck that game.

DanDanikov

Dec 28, 2008
Fable 2. They train you into a rhythm. There's an oncoming big bad coming and you have a year to prepare, so every week or so, you meet with your court and have to make a moral decision for the betterment of the kingdom or the best preparedness in the face of the oncoming bad.

Then, all of a sudden, the last decision you made leaving you 6 months on the clock, it jumps to the day before. All those plans you had for fully exploring every area, or maybe transferring some of your sizeable wallet that you'd been sensibly investing in local business to generate far more money than it would have sitting in some vault somewhere back into the kingdom's funds? Too late. The game has locked the coffers, the time has passed, and there was no warning.

Alright. I'll just load the last save.

There is no last save. Only a quicksave which the game has already made, after the point of no return. If you want to get back to before that point, you have to replay the whole damn thing.

Yeah. I never finished that game.

Nekron_X

Jan 30, 2011
dragonball z budokai/budokai tenkaichi. the world martial arts tournament mode. Oh, so you've beaten all of the opponents up until the semi-finals with relative ease? well guess what, fuck you! and then you get destroyed by kid chi-chi or whoever no matter what character you use or how good you are cause the difficulty spiked to extreme heights.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Nomanslander said:
-Fighting any sort of mage in Skyrim.
Here's how I deal with those pansy little spell flingers. Shield up to close the distance, stagger them with either Unrelenting Force or Fire Breath, then get to point blank before they recover and BASH. THIER. FUCKING. SKULLS. IN.

shteev

Oct 22, 2007
Shadow of the Colossus. Played it for the first time a few weeks ago. Goddamn that camera is impossible to control.

Finally managed to shoot an arrow at the first colossus' foot and it's health bar decreased by about 0.005%. Fuck that game.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Dishonoured. Make it right up to the end of the level, 10 metres from escape, and die. Sends me back to the very start of the level 'cause the game couldn't autosave to save its life. Seriously, fuck that.

JonnyHG

Nov 7, 2011
That's funny, this happened to me yesterday. I was playing Final Fantasy VII and after 15 hours of gameplay and trying to advance the story, I was forced to play idiotic, irrelevant mini-games. I literally said "FUCK THIS GAME", and promptly deleted it from my vita.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
Catherine, when I got to the point where the levels were made out of ice.

Gears of War 3, Seriously 3.0

Bayonetta, Gracious and Glorious

Anytime I lose one too many matches in a row online on anything.