The undefeated video game Boss

Aglaid

Mar 27, 2011
soes757 said:
Crawmerax the invincible from Borderlands.
It's not even that he's hard it just takes hours to solo that thing
The only way your beating Crawmerax solo with no mods is with a specific Siren build and it is STILL hard!

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Arcticflame said:
Look at my display picture.

Now WEEP.
Holy crap! I remember that game! Wasn't it a skiing game for old PCs with a creepy as hell yeti that ate and chomped you? And didn't it come with other games as well?

OT: Seymour Flux from FFX. My mom could beat him. I couldn't. Go figure. XD

PlasmaFrog

Feb 2, 2009
Trying to solo Flamelurker in Demon's Souls. My first twenty or so encounters with attempting to slay this beast result in failure since I'm fighting him fairly.

soes757

Jan 24, 2011
Aglaid said:
soes757 said:
Crawmerax the invincible from Borderlands.
It's not even that he's hard it just takes hours to solo that thing
The only way your beating Crawmerax solo with no mods is with a specific Siren build and it is STILL hard!

I got lucky and beat him with The hunter.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky

major28

Feb 25, 2010
Miles000 said:
major28 said:
Miles000 said:
Crawmerax the invincible from Borderlands. He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO big. Doesn't help I tried to take him alone.
i did the same thing only i was like level 42 when i did it so he one hit killed me
His minions kept getting me. I was looking up so high I didn't see them comming.
i had the same problem the first few times

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Dante's Inferno

Dante's Dad. I could'nt beat him, after twenty minutes of slashing him and avoiding, just at the last minute he'd nail me and I'd have to restart... after the 8th time I died, I switched to Easy... killed him in 30 seconds standing still.

Havzad

Oct 9, 2010
for a long time it was ganon from zelda: ocarina of time.i kept running out of magic!! i forgot about the game after giving up

beat it when trying the game again after 5 years :)

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Havzad said:
for a long time it was ganon from zelda: ocarina of time.i kept running out of magic!! i forgot about the game after giving up
What do you really need magic for, though? Light arrows make it easier, but you can just roll under him or strafe-jump behind him.

Telumektar

Jul 7, 2010
For me it was a couple of tanks in "Brothers in Arms: EiB" I had to quit the game for weeks before trying to defeat them.
But the most annoying bosses I've encountered have to be those in Titan Quest and its' expansion, I literally got bored of dying against both Typhon and Hades, I remember losing a level due to XP penalties when figting the former one. Not even bothered with the Chimera (it one-shot-killed my char a couple of times and I decided it wasn't worth all the farming I had to do).

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
kortin said:
Last boss in Megaman Battle Network 3. i forget his name, but that shield thing he has goin on just kicked my ass over and over again :(
Bass! I hated fighting that guy! I had to fill my folder full of cannons and anything that wold do 100+ damage just to beat him D:

escapistrules

Nov 25, 2009
dahaka from Final Fantasy XIII. one of the most annoying boss fights i ever done. maybe others found this boss easy, but it was tough.

my experience

me: yea, im kicking your ass
Dahaka: FIRESTORM!!!
me: WTF, my guys are mostly dead. ill heal up and put fire barriers up.
Dahaka: BONE-CHILLING BREAKER!!!
me: F######*****kkkkk. screw you dahaka
Dahaka:(cast doom)
me: :(

Havzad

Oct 9, 2010
that's actually how i ended up beating him lol!
looking back, my 8 year-old-gamer-self was sort of an idiot

ignore this, my bad!

Havzad

Oct 9, 2010
Havzad said:

ignore this, my bad!
Phlakes said:
Havzad said:
What do you really need magic for, though? Light arrows make it easier, but you can just roll under him or strafe-jump behind him.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Risingblade said:
kortin said:
Last boss in Megaman Battle Network 3. i forget his name, but that shield thing he has goin on just kicked my ass over and over again :(
Bass! I hated fighting that guy! I had to fill my folder full of cannons and anything that wold do 100+ damage just to beat him D:
Hes quite the bastard. Unfortunately, i lost the game a while back. Looks like I'll never beat it :(

OH I also had trouble with Tiamat in Darksiders. My friend had to beat her for me.

I also could not, for the life of me, defeat Darth Malak in KotOR.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
I have beaten most games I have played, but like being obsessed with chess at a young age i loved changing puzzles.

But the only game I never beat the boss, was
-drum roll-

Hydlide NES

Mostly due to I rented the stinker, played to the end, and died, the password system was horrible and threw you back to the start...

And honestly it was such a bad game, I never wanted to finish it. I had no drive to see the end...it barely had me that far and when i got there it wanted more foolishness...so nah...

morgoss

Oct 6, 2010
Serenade from Mega Man Battle Network 3. He/she/it is only vulnerable during a crazy attack that pushes you against the back wall, lights up certain panels, and cracks them for 100+ damage.

I also remember having a terrible time with the Uragaan (a.k.a. Jay Leno) from MH3, leading me to quit the game for several months.

Ninja Gaiden 2 also has one boss fight against a giant lava armadillo, apparently called the 'Texas Armadillo', immediately after you've completed an epic boss battle in a crashing plane against your arch-nemesis Genshin, most likely using up all of your healing items/respawns/life of the gods.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Have yet to find one. Difficult ones, but they all go down eventually. Except the ones that are supposed to win according to the plot, but I've even taken down some of those (e.g. Gades in Lufia 2).

I suppose I never beat Cerebov in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. Killed him, sure, but only because the one-hit-kill effect on my dagger procced. In my defense, I was an MP-less kobold mage surrounded by the toughest monster in the game and a whole bunch of greater demons. I did what I had to. Still all luck.

Currently, the Manticore in Etrian Odyssey 3 is giving me trouble. Should try again now that I have Prevent Order.

shadowform

Jan 5, 2009
The final fight against Sephiroth at the end of FF7.

I just got that far and realized that I simply did not care how the story ended. I'd had Aeris benched for most of the game so her death really didn't bother me, I never really cared about Cloud's story (seriously, it's like a Mary Sue written by a 14 year old), Sephiroth struck me as trying FAR too hard to look badass without ever actually DOING anything (as opposed to, say, Kefka in FF6, who blows up the world and declares himself god-king of whats left), and all of the other characters seemed entirely incidental to the plot.

I also quit just before Sin in FF10 (same basic problem: I realized that I didn't care about any of the characters).

I don't think I've ever even attempted either of them.