The Underappreciated Gems of Gaming

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Amarok said:
Anyway, I nominate Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus, maybe the other two are good too but I never did have an xbox so I wouldn't know.

But those two games blew my miiiiiind. Unique story, challenging (and at times frustrating) gameplay, and controllable farts. What more could you want in a game?
Hell yea, those games are my favourites of all time.
tendo82 said:
haxxorzd00d said:
Alundra, on the PSX. Seriously great game. (Unlike Alundra 2, which was a sequel about as much as Halo was a sequel to Super Mario World.)
Alundra was an awesome game. I'd love to see that released on PSN. Really hard game though.
I remember Alundra, hard as hell. Maybe it has something to do with me buying an Italian version back in the day and not knowing what the hell was going on, but anyway sign me up for a PSN release. Even without the text the game was good.

Other PS games that noone gave a shit about are MDK and Wild 9, both awesome.

AlyxX

May 7, 2009
Blake Stone: Aliens Of Gold. Few people recognized how groundbreaking it was. First FPS ever to have friendly NPC's and a realistic health system. Not to mention it looked gorgous.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Crowser said:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Its such a great game yet underrated, shame the gaming community didn't pick up on it.

Bradfucius said:
Halo 3. Its a shame not many people bought this.
oh yeah of course totally agree lol

Arayis

Jul 11, 2008
The_Deleted said:
For me it would be

Shadow of Memories A very unusual game and a true one off.
Agreed, I really enjoyed the concept of the game, its a pitty that it wasn't played by more people...

OT: I'd have to say Jagged Alliance 2 on PC

croxeye

Aug 30, 2008
All Right I'll bight

Ico (I LOVED this game, still not sure why people don't like it that much)

Wing Commander II: Wrath of the Kilrathi

The movies (and the expansion :D)

Xenogears (sadly underbudgeted, If it had the budget it deserved to have, It would have been such a huge hit)

Both Disgea's (still not sure how to pronounce it LOL)

Ogre Battle

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
Trials 2: Second Edition
Beyond Good & Evil (always seems to pop up for these types of topics)

PulP FictioN

May 11, 2009
Dragon Quest 8 on the PS2, it was pretty good, but got used as a promotional whore for the final fantasy 12 demo. The only reason people here bought it was for that demo and that sucks because it's good, check this game out, you might be pleasently surprised.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Christemo said:
Heroes of Might and magic 3-5. best turn-based strategy game of all time.

Titan Quest. Best RPG of all time (single player most of the time, but it has online play and a map editor).

Dawn of War: Soulstorm. Best of the DOW series, but it was not very well known and DOW2 has ruined the entire franchise.
soul storm is widely reguarded as the worst of the dow series, and dow 2 is good, some people just cant be happy with something diffrent

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Worgen said:
Christemo said:
Heroes of Might and magic 3-5. best turn-based strategy game of all time.

Titan Quest. Best RPG of all time (single player most of the time, but it has online play and a map editor).

Dawn of War: Soulstorm. Best of the DOW series, but it was not very well known and DOW2 has ruined the entire franchise.
soul storm is widely reguarded as the worst of the dow series, and dow 2 is good, some people just cant be happy with something diffrent
soulstorm was my favorite of the series, and yes, DOW2 ruined the entire franchise. i can take things that changes. heroes of might and magic 4 was very different from the others (VERY).

DOW2 took everything good about DOW and buried it. and if Relic cant convince me it isnt by making a game like the older ones, the franchise will be dead for me.

Log Lady

Jan 11, 2009
Blast Corps
Willie Beamish
Blazing Dragons
Out of this World
Knytt
Land Stalker
Mega Man Zero
Lolo
Legendary Wings
Wing Commander Prophecy
Grim Fandango (sort of)
Boy and his Blob
La Mulana

Jurassic Rob

Mar 27, 2009
Anyone remember an RPG on the playstation (1) called Vagrant Story? I can't remember much about it, but I do remember it kicked ass!

Either that or Mass Effect

Kyd Wykkyd

Apr 20, 2009
Samurai Goomba said:
1. Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
2. Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
3. God Hand
4. Ghost in the Shell (PS2)
5. Gotcha Force
6. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
7. Dragon Ball: Advance Adventure
8. Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2
9. Urban Reign
10. Transformers (PS2 version by Melbourne House)

That's probably my top ten. Shadow of the Colossus isn't going on here because everyone either loves or hates it. God Hand, however, IS on the list because I'm not going to stop promoting it until every person on the planet plays it. It really is that awesome.
Eff yeah, God Hand kicks ass!!1