The unoffical Beer thread

Trace2010

Aug 10, 2008
I love Dark Ale...you know, the type you can stare directly at the sun through and not even feel a tingle in your eyes. Dark Guiness isn't bad at all...had it in Birmingham, England 'bout 4 years ago...I had a better one, but couldn't remember the name.

Trace2010

Aug 10, 2008
thiosk said:
i consider myself a bit of a beer head. i homebrew, i go to microbrew conventions, blah blah blah.

op, One thing you have to consider about the brands you diss-- the buds, the millers, and the coors, is they have one thing many other brands don't:

consistency.
\\
Ah, consistency...why most Europeans call us "tasteless Americans"...because in beer and wine, we prefer consistency instead of surprise.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
I'm a Kiwi bloke, so drink speights, lion red, sol, corona, speights summit, macs gold, heineken,steinlager pure and southern gold.

-Usually all in one weekend.

:D

dukethepcdr

May 9, 2008
My current favorite is Blue Moon with a slice of orange.

A little more obscure beer that I really like is Murphy's Oatmeal Stout.

goater24

Feb 5, 2008
Being a 'Real Ale' fan I would recommend the following

Theakston Old Peculier - My all time favourite brew!

Ruddles Rubbarb - Special edition strong ale flavoured accordingly

Caladonian Ale - Tried it in Edinburgh mild but nice.

Robinsons Old Tom - Strong stouty type ale deep brown and nutty!

Any folks hear campaigners for real ale? CAMRA anyone?

WeedWorm

Nov 23, 2008
Just drink whiskey and abscenthe. Gets you shit faced fairly quickly.

As for beer, I drink Miller when going to a party/field and I drink Carlsberg when in a pub.

Vek

Aug 18, 2008
thiosk said:
Now it may not have much body, but you are not impressing many people by lifting your beer gut onto the table and proclaiming with a deep voice that you drink "ONLY MAN STOUT."
OF course not, you shout it in your deep beautiful man voice, and you let them know it's Lager.

kaiZie

Dec 17, 2008
favourite beer? Duvel....its Belgian, about 9%, pretty damn sweet and makes your face feel warm after a few bottles, quite expensive though

emge

Jun 22, 2008
Carlsberg, the imported ones on glass bottles.
I'm not really a beer connosoir and I haven't tried alot of different brands so I can't say it's the best beer in the world. It sure is better than the beer i made myself once, from one of those "just add water" cans. Not only did it taste like dogs testículos, but also i wasn't aware that you needed to put a waterlock on, resulting in a reather messy first taste.

Alone Disciple

Jun 10, 2008
There was a similar thread not to long ago on the subject...not that I'm complaining....I like beer.

But my answer is the same:

Negra Modelo (imported dark beer from Mexico)

Magnetic2

Mar 18, 2008
Alone Disciple said:
There was a similar thread not to long ago on the subject...not that I'm complaining....I like beer.

But my answer is the same:

Negra Modelo (imported dark beer from Mexico)
I feel the topic is too expansive that it could be properly explored all in one thread.

Graffiti Writer

Aug 15, 2006
goater24 said:
Being a 'Real Ale' fan I would recommend the following

Theakston Old Peculier - My all time favourite brew!

Ruddles Rubbarb - Special edition strong ale flavoured accordingly

Caladonian Ale - Tried it in Edinburgh mild but nice.

Robinsons Old Tom - Strong stouty type ale deep brown and nutty!

Any folks hear campaigners for real ale? CAMRA anyone?
They're clever those CAMRA folk. They send a sober rep around the beer festivals to catch you when you're vulnerable. I've been a member about 15 times, but not once do I recall filling in the form. To be honest, they deserve the subscription fee just for being able to read my name and address when I wrote it drunk.

I've just one word when it comes to beer - Black Sheep. Right Fletcher? http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.37110

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Fruhstuck said:
I drink Cider mostly
But with beer i like Rosey Nosey' it's only a christmas special though =(

Is it something about being English that makes you love Cider?
Nope, I'm Canadian and I love ciders. I think its just that ciders are wicked.
My favorite beer is from a micro-brewery in Toronto called the Mill St. Brewery (no not Miller), their Tankhouse Ale is delicious and they have a really awesome coffee beer as well.

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
santaandy said:
German beer is the best in the world! Most European beers are also really good, my of-late favorite is Baltika.
I had Baltika, I liked it a lot. The only place that sells it doesn't keep it in the cooler though so I tend to resort to other offerings.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
I'm a fan of Guinness, Samuel Adams, Yuengling, and Fat Tire Ale.

I'm also a fan of most mixed drinks and Strongbow.

The Kind Cannibal

Aug 19, 2008
That pesky 21 age law is very inconvenient but I have managed to taste the delight of a few beers, and Red Stripe is the best in my opinion.