The unoffical Beer thread

tinkyyy

Nov 17, 2008
Fightgarr said:
Fruhstuck said:
I drink Cider mostly
But with beer i like Rosey Nosey' it's only a christmas special though =(

Is it something about being English that makes you love Cider?
Yeah, I'm English and I love my cider, big fan of bulmers and a lot of home-brewed stuff :).

Being fairly young though i don't often have much money to get the better stuff, so with beer i actually end up usually drinking lager. Quite a lot of Carlsberg, Stella Artois, Heineken, Becks, whatever i can get cheapest, isn't all that bad though :p.

The best stuff comes in the holidays for me usually, so roll on christmas!

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
I'm a fan of Guinness, Samuel Adams, Yuengling, and Fat Tire Ale.

I'm also a fan of most mixed drinks and Strongbow.
i enjoy Fat Tire as well. and it's only been just recently that my pallette has opened up and I actually enjoy Guinness.

yay me

Negativ Solution

Jun 26, 2008
Newcastle Brown Ale!

Also Guinness, Hobgoblin and Lindisfarne Mead are some of my favourites.

I am fond of Strongbow too.

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
Negativ Solution said:
Newcastle Brown Ale!

Also Guinness, Hobgoblin and Lindisfarne Mead are some of my favourites.

I am fond of Strongbow too.
i forgot about Hobgoblin.. that's a good one.

Oh, avoid Rogue's Chipotle Ale... it's good at the first sip but it just falls apart and gets weird after that.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
InsanityBaronOfAtrocity said:
Bud. Seriously, What's wrong with Bud?
With most of your American beers its like having sex in a canoe.

Being Australian (more specifically Victorian), I drink Tooheys Extra Dry, Crown, Carlton draught and occasionally Victorian Bitter.

Though I am partial to Heineken, Guinness, Carlsberg, Chang and many other international beers.

Aug 26, 2008
BrynThomas said:

Being Australian (more specifically Victorian), I drink Tooheys Extra Dry, Crown, Carlton draught and occasionally Victorian Bitter.

Though I am partial to Heineken, Guinness, Carlsberg, Chang and many other international beers.

I'm British. Oh and guiness is another one of my favourites.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
BrynThomas said:

I'm British. Oh and guiness is another one of my favourites.
Oh sorry about that, but american beer is like having sex in a canoe, f**King close to water.

I was making the wrong beer jokes...should have made one about warm beer. Actually thats a mildly interesting topic, as fride/cellar/room temperature vary country to country there can be some confusion.

Like most beer in australia is apparently kept too cold (impossible) at 4celsius, where in Europe its about 6-7celsius. Likewise red wine is not meant to be refrigerated, but maybbe necessary in Australia due to a higher room/cellar temp.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
I only drink a brand of Norwegian beer, called Dahls. Brewed in Trondheim, which is where I live. It's (relatively) cheap by Norwegian standards and it tastes really good.

Bleak777

Dec 16, 2008
There's an awesome local brewery (The Bohemian) that makes a killer Cherny Bock. If you only drink "light" beers, quit being a pansy and check it out if you get the chance. Bohemianbrewery.com

Wormthong

Jan 4, 2008
i don't have a lot of experience with the really good beers but i usually drink Heineken.
what totally makes my taste buds want to fall off my tongue is grolsh lemon its so bad it should be forbidden its like drinking drainage cleaner we tested it it tastes exactly the same (do not try this at home it will have adverse effects on your health the drainage cleaner as well as the beer)

Xhumed

Jun 15, 2008
Any Aussies should check out Happy Goblin beers- they're fantastic, and brewed by a chemistry student- small production, but great stuff. Watch the stout though, it packs a bit of a punch...

goater24

Feb 5, 2008
Graffiti Writer said:
goater24 said:
Being a 'Real Ale' fan I would recommend the following

They're clever those CAMRA folk. They send a sober rep around the beer festivals to catch you when you're vulnerable. I've been a member about 15 times, but not once do I recall filling in the form. To be honest, they deserve the subscription fee just for being able to read my name and address when I wrote it drunk.

I've just one word when it comes to beer - Black Sheep. Right Fletcher?

Blackk sheep is a nice tipple for sure and the rinsewater or whatever its called although stoutier is very nice. I prefer em a little sweeter like bishops finger or heatier like wytchwoods dark witch. That said they are all fine fettle when compared to piss poor largers with a funny name.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.37110

Washboard

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!
Dec 17, 2008
Budweiser is Gnats Pee
American Budweiser is weak Gnats pee.

Need i say more?

by the by, strawberry cider is rather nice.

Xhumed

Jun 15, 2008
Cogito said:
Budweiser is Gnats Pee
American Budweiser is weak Gnats pee.

Need i say more?

by the by, strawberry cider is rather nice.
Budweiser is like making love in a boat- it's fucking close to water.
To any UK cider fans, I cannot recommend strongly enough Green Goblin cider. My fiancé had one when she came to visit me (when I was still living in the UK) and she's hooked now. She's even trying to persuade our regular bottleshop to import so she can get some.
Stuff is gorgeous.