The very first time you went "this is bullsh*t!" after an ending of something.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Most of us probably felt that some endings... Well, lets just say that some endings could be better. But there is always a first time for everything. What was the first time you vehemently disagreed with an ending?

For me it was an ending to Total Drama Island. It was basically a cartoon spoof of reality shows, with participants being stereotypical characters, such as nerd guy, punk guy, surfer girl, goth girl, etc.

By the end, the only two characters who are not removed from competition are goth girl and fat guy. When asked what they would do with the prize money, fat guy said "dunno, throw a party I guess", while goth girl said that she will pay for her brothers college education. I, obviously, was rooting for goth girl.

I could not say a damn word when the fat guy won. It felt so... wrong! Especially considering that during one of the previous challenges goth girl told the fat guy that she'll give him half of the money if he helps her, which he did. I am more than sure that if she had won both party would've happened and younger brother got an education.

This ending was complete bullshit! Bullshit I say!

Chanticoblues

Apr 6, 2016
Probably Monty Python and the Holy Grail. My dad loves that movie, so I saw it at a really young age, and still remember being really put off by how it ended.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
The thing about total drama is that they always make two endings, wherein each of the finalists win the prize. They poll the audience on their website, and whichever finalist gets the most votes, that's the ending that gets broadcast in that country.

so, for whatever reason, peeps really wanted the fat guy to win season one, though I think there's footage of the goth girl ending out somewhere. XD

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Mister K said:
Here ya' go, have some closure

Also to answer the question, the Matrix trilogy. First one is great, second one had its moments, but then they went full Christ crucified on a robot cross in the third one. And then it turns out the peace Neo died for ended like 2 years later and the robots killed everyone anyway.
So fuck you Matrix!

Catnip1024

Jan 25, 2010
The very first time? I'd go with primary school nativity play. The audience was not impressed about hearing language like that from a shepherd, let me tell you...

For a more recent one that sticks in my mind, I'd say the ending to Goemon. It's not the fact that he died, it's the manner in which it was done.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
The Dark Knight Rises. I almost walked out several times throughout that film but that ending was the worst fucking cop out bullshit I have ever seen.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-

Soul Eater ending- So Maka defeat the true villain with a punch??? Who the hell does she think she is? Captain Falcon?

Alone in the Dark Wii version- Obviously it suppose to be build up to a sequel but sadly the game was super shit to have made another sequel.

The Big O- It was as bizzare as the first Evangelion ending before they remake it with the movie!

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
The first one that really pissed me off was Mass Effect 3. I've never been so invested, and so let down. Also, any ending that somehow manages to undue the character development, or which sets everything back to the ending. The worst ones are the ones that give all the characters amnesia. Persona 2 and the Neon Genesis manga did this, and I hated it. It invalidates everything you did. Neon Genesis was particularly bad, given that the film had one of the best endings of all time.

Silentpony said:
Mister K said:
Here ya' go, have some closure

Also to answer the question, the Matrix trilogy. First one is great, second one had its moments, but then they went full Christ crucified on a robot cross in the third one. And then it turns out the peace Neo died for ended like 2 years later and the robots killed everyone anyway.
So fuck you Matrix!
Wait, what? When did this happen?

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
Kenbo Slice said:
The Dark Knight Rises. I almost walked out several times throughout that film but that ending was the worst fucking cop out bullshit I have ever seen.
If people would have paid attention to the first two Dark Knight movies, they would have seen that ending coming.

My answer is Hero. A Chinese revenge movie that looks complete awesome with great fight scenes. I won't spoil the ending. It turned out the movie was a Chinese propaganda movie.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Can't really remember the first, but one that always ticked me off was the ending of The War Of The Worlds (The Tom Cruise one). The fact its a stupidly happy Hollywood ending, with both his ex wife and son surviving (even though he ran straight into the middle of a battle) was just really dumb to me.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
First time? Like, literally jaw dropping "Oh my God, how could you screw up THIS bad?!" level of disappointment?

Fox12 said:
The first one that really pissed me off was Mass Effect 3. I've never been so invested, and so let down. A
Boom. Done. I still remember the first time I beat the game. I had read some of the warnings, some of the forum posts complaining about the ending, but I thought, 'It can' be that bad.' I went in blind, without any spoilers, just knowing that there were some people out there who were upset. I figured it was because the ending was perhaps too unbelievable, that Shep and her crew managed to solve all the problems and everyone got a happy ending (because people seem to hate happy endings now).
Boy was I wrong. I heard the first choice and went, "Nope. Next." Second choice and my mouth opened a little. Final choice, and my mouth dropped. I specifically remember letting out a stunned laugh and saying, "That's IT?!" Man was I depressed. I wasn't even angry. I was so shocked by the complete and utter failure of the end that I couldn't process anything beyond feeling completely betrayed and let down. To this day, it still bugs me. So much so that I wrote my own ending and just go with that instead.

Honorable mentions:

Negima! I get that the publisher was about to cut the rug out from under him, but damn...

Shakugan no Shana. That whole third season was just...blah. But the ending, the final episode where it's just two teenagers yelling at each other the whole time. Why to make your series just collapse in the final few moments.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
The Ed Edd Eddy episode where Jimmy frames the eds, and pretty much gets away with it also Drake and Josh where Megan gets away with being a little snot

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
I'm not sure about the first time, but the Prestige got a fairly loud bullshit reaction from me. After expecting some kind of fiendishly clever explanation for how Hugh Jackman's teleportation trick worked, the film just resorts to an actual teleportation machine.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Sniper Team 4 said:
First time? Like, literally jaw dropping "Oh my God, how could you screw up THIS bad?!" level of disappointment?

Fox12 said:
The first one that really pissed me off was Mass Effect 3. I've never been so invested, and so let down. A
Boom. Done. I still remember the first time I beat the game. I had read some of the warnings, some of the forum posts complaining about the ending, but I thought, 'It can' be that bad.' I went in blind, without any spoilers, just knowing that there were some people out there who were upset. I figured it was because the ending was perhaps too unbelievable, that Shep and her crew managed to solve all the problems and everyone got a happy ending (because people seem to hate happy endings now).
Boy was I wrong. I heard the first choice and went, "Nope. Next." Second choice and my mouth opened a little. Final choice, and my mouth dropped. I specifically remember letting out a stunned laugh and saying, "That's IT?!" Man was I depressed. I wasn't even angry. I was so shocked by the complete and utter failure of the end that I couldn't process anything beyond feeling completely betrayed and let down. To this day, it still bugs me. So much so that I wrote my own ending and just go with that instead.

Honorable mentions:

Negima! I get that the publisher was about to cut the rug out from under him, but damn...

Shakugan no Shana. That whole third season was just...blah. But the ending, the final episode where it's just two teenagers yelling at each other the whole time. Why to make your series just collapse in the final few moments.
I remember getting the game on release, and beating it in a day or two. I was among the first wave of people to experience the ending, and it wasn't until after the first weekend that I saw the responses really start to flare up. I knew it was coming.

Like you, I wasn't angry at first. I didn't know what to make of it. Given how invested I'd been just ten minutes ago, I mostly felt sort of numb. I didn't feel much of anything. It was surreal. I just sat there for a few quiet moments before getting up, turning the tv off, and going to bed. And with that my love affair with Mass Effect was just sort of over. I don't even like going back and playing the old games. I'm just done with Bioware.

Level 7 Dragon

Typo Kign
Mar 29, 2011
The Ending(s) to Dark Messiah of Might&Magic. First you fight a boss that is completely immobile and occasionally does and AOE, then you are treated to a five second cutscene of his companion getting killed and him shooting a lazer out of his arse that instantly kills the main villain.

Alternatively, you kill your girlfriend, the main villain laughs, then a succubus dry humps your leg.

I have no idea what happened either.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
Breakdown said:
I'm not sure about the first time, but the Prestige got a fairly loud bullshit reaction from me. After expecting some kind of fiendishly clever explanation for how Hugh Jackman's teleportation trick worked, the film just resorts to an actual teleportation machine.
That was the movie that made me realize that Christopher Nolan was overrated.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
The ending to God of War 3 is one of the worse ending to a video game I have ever seen. And it all stems entirely from the stupid plot of God of War 2:

After Kratos kills Ares, the god's of olympus made him the new God of War (which really should have ended there) but they refuse to rid the tormenting nightmares of him killing his family over and over again, so Kratos was in a salty stupor and was just instigating Wars to sate his frustation of the god's broken promises, his constant instagation of Wars pissed of Zeus enough that they set up a trap to steal Kratos' god powers and kill him. But the Titans saved Kratos, yada yada adventure to find the Sisters of Fate to use their time/fate powers to kill Zeus the moment he "betrayed" him, Kratos almost kills Zeus but Athena stops him, than he goes back in time to save the Titans from losing their war with the Gods and then he and them climb mount Olympus

But in the end of God of War 3 Kratos killing each of the Gods just destroys the entire world, the seas flooded, the sun darkenes, diseases spread and the souls of the dead will not rest, Kratos destroys the world all because he wants to kill Zeus I am angry and they try to use this bullshit justification of Hope and Fear spewed forth from the old Titan/God War trapped in Pandora's Box, Kratos kills himself because he had the "hope" inside him and what the fuck did it do?

The ending was so bad that they are pratically rebooting the franchise set in Norse Mythology even though the Kratos there is the very same one from the last 3 games.