The video game that got you into gaming

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
Well I would have to say that I grew up with gaming around me. My family had an NES and I used to watch my mom play her favorites(Metroid, Zelda, Kid Icarus). There were also the educational games on the computer. I can't really say what game got me into it, it was probably a classic NES title.

However if we're talking about PC gaming...probably Starcraft

And Super Smash Bros Melee got me into more current generation games....going from NES to that is AMAZING!...

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Hmm... I played arcade games a lot when I was little, stuff like Donkey Kong. I always enjoyed playing in arcades as far back as I can remember. I think what really got me into home gaming, though, would have been Elite, by Bell and Braben. Then soon afterwards I got a chance to play Starglider 2 on the Amiga, and that solidified it.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
This one:

Super Mario allstars. It was the first ever game I got, bundled in with the SNES my dad brought home. I have many happy memories of playing the game with my dad when I was a little 'un.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Pokemon sapphire got me started, Halo 1 got me hooked. Halo 2 was probably my favorite game though or jak and daxter. I miss PS2 so much. ;_;

Zorak the Mantis

Oct 17, 2007
Hmm, the first game I ever remember playing was Pitfall. But I would sat I didn't get serious about gaming until I played Tie Fighter, which I still play now and then.

Dr_Roxo24

Nov 9, 2009
MDK 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and this Cool toy car game where you were racing in kitchens and stuff.

tlgAlaska

Dec 6, 2010
I have faint memories of Prince Of Persia and Jill Of The Jungle on an old DOS PC and Sonic on a sega console... but what really got me started was Monkey Island followed by all the other classic Lucas Arts adventures.
Ah... good ol' times.

ceyriot

Jul 21, 2008
Pretty much all those 90's kinda kiddie games...you know, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros...but embarrassingly, the game that I played the most and got me into RPG's, which I really love now...was Runescape...

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Dr. McD said:
Abe's Oddysee.

Before that, rarely played the Sega (not sure wwhich specific console it was) I owned.
I loved that series, although for me it would probably be a combination of Abe's Oddysee, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon and Croc, legend of a the gobbos.

Estarc

Sep 23, 2008
I'd have to say that watching my older cousin play Final Fantasy VIII did this. We were pretty close and I'd often visit with my mum and he was a big gamer. While I had played games quite a bit on both the Sega and the N64 it was watching him play that JRPG for hours, enthralled, that really pulled me into gaming. When I got my own PlayStation though, the first game and JRPG I got and fell in love with was The Legend of Dragoon, a game that my cousin ended up having to help me finish.

As a result, it should not come as a surprise that the current state of JRPGs is devastating to me... :(

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Star Wars Galaxies... it wasn't the first game I played but it was the first I was truly immersed in... :(

It really showed me that games could be more than just well... games...

MeglonMaster

Jul 6, 2011
herrmm.. i would say sly-fox 2 band of thieves. although I did play a few games on the gameboy before that, sly-fox really peaked my interest in gaming

HeavyMetalHamster

Sep 25, 2008
For me it was probably Zelda - A Link to the Past.

I played games since I was a kid, but Zelda did something to me which made me realise how good a game can actually be. For me it still stands as one of the very best games ever made.

Come to think of it, it's definitely time to replay that game.

For all of you out there who still couldn't control your bowels when ALttP was released - do yourselves a favor and give it a playthrough! It's just spectacular.

Mar 30, 2010
Iwata said:
a ginger491 said:
Iwata said:
Jesus... uuuh... I think it was Wings of Fury for the ZX Spectrum.
sorry but whats a spectrum?
:(

Fuck... I'm old...

I'm feeling the pain mate, my vote also goes to a Spectrum game:
If any of you recognise that game, welcome to the old git corner, the nurse will arrive shortly with your prescription. For those of you that don't, well, I'm sure jelly and ice-cream can be arranged! :)