The video game that got you into gaming

jobu59749

Aug 3, 2009
Pharohs Tomb, it's an old DOS game. That was shortly followed by Commander Keen and Duke Nukem when it was a DOS game and not total shit.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I honestly don't remember. It was so long ago. I remember playing on my friends Colecovision, but I don't remember what any of the games were.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
Final Fantasy VIII! which totally explains my earlier obsession with JRPG's, but I've expanded since then.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I played video games on and off throughout most of my early childhood, but it was mostly whatever my brother picked from the rental store. Then Pokemon came along, and I got quite addicted to the gameboy for a while.

Though I still feel like Kingdom Hearts is what really did it for me. I liked the gameboy, but I never had any desire to explore any further than that. It wasn't until Kingdom Hearts that I really started doing research and exploring a broader range of games.

Kafloobop

Nov 11, 2009
Ocarina of time. I had a Sega Genisis and I played Sonic occasionally but Ocarina of Time was what really made me want to play video games.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Charlie Smart said:
Spyro: Gateway to Glimmer
What Spyro would that be? I've never heard of that one before.

OT: I'm confused how to properly answer this thread. Would it be more appropriate to state the game that actually got me generally interested in gaming, or the very first game I played as a whole?

Oh well. I'll state both.

First game ever played:

First game that got me generally interested in gaming and remains my favorite to this day:

TheRyry

Jul 12, 2011
The game that opened my eyes to the world of gaming and was my gateway was probably Counter strike, I don't have that much to say about it really. It did open my eyes to gaming on such a huge scale.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I would go with duckhunt, digdug, pokemon yellow(that was my life from nine to eleven!) and banjo tooie.

Parshooter

Sep 13, 2009
Smash Bros. and LoZ Ocarina were pretty much my introduction.
Then Pokemon Red was my start point of owning games.

Zuljeet

Jan 14, 2010
Pong. I played it on the home console when I was little (that was all it played btw, *just* Pong), and it essentially doomed me to nerd-dom.

D-tritus Debris

Jun 18, 2011
While I'm what you would normally call a casual gamer, the games that made me interested in them, and that validated their entertainment value for me were Heroes of Might and Magic III, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, and Starcraft. I'd played games before these, but these were the ones that captivated me.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
I watched my uncle play Tiberian Sun way back when and eventually got my parents to buy me a copy of it, too.

ZahariasX

Jun 25, 2008
Hmm...started gaming 20 years ago. As far as my memory serves me I think it was Super Mario Bros. (NES). Started PC gaming on Windows 3.1x with Nibbles, Gorillas and Hugo. They were awesome and you can't tell me otherwise! :p

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Will you accept Midnight Rescue from the learning company? Funny how in trying to make me a studious scholar, my parents made me into a game addict instead.